Walk away auto lock kinda useless

Daylite72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Since I enabled it in the settings I absolutely love it. Keys never come out of my pocket. Works flawlessly for me!!
Sponsored

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan EX WOP - Aero Kit/Wing Spoiler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am 100% sure it has nothing to do with automatic lights. I have had that set for 8 months, I always leave the lights on auto. It is a great feature, my 08 Altima had it too, left those lights set on auto for 4 years. Regarding the fob key, RF proximity is not an exact science the fob is still in the RF field sometimes when you are standing beside the car, especially by driver side door. RF fields fluctuate slightly, hence the random multi beeps. I clued into this yesterday when I read a few more posts on the subject. Mystery solved.
No, I meant that I changed the auto to on and forgot to turn them off or put them back to auto and I got the crazy beeping. I did it while testing the side markers and such.

Yeah auto light is great.... and an old feature lol. So yeah... I didn't mean leaving them in auto.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
No, I meant that I changed the auto to on and forgot to turn them off or put them back to auto and I got the crazy beeping. I did it while testing the side markers and such.

Yeah auto light is great.... and an old feature lol. So yeah... I didn't mean leaving them in auto.
Got it

M1joachim

New Honda owner!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Since I enabled it in the settings I absolutely love it. Keys never come out of my pocket. Works flawlessly for me!!
Sometimes I forget the keys are even in my pocket LOL

papashack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic 2005 civic.
Country flag
Decided to turn off the walk away auto lock recently. Worked okay but it seemed it wasnt always the most reliable either.

The tippin point was its no good if you have passengers that may not always get out if the car when you do for any number of reasons.

On two occasions I walked away from my car with the fob in pocket and a passenger still waiting in the car and it locked them in. The second time, the alarm sounded when they were ready to get out lol. They were in the front seat - youd think the seat sensor that tells the car whether or not to enable the passenger air bag could have clued the car in that someone is still sitting there lol!

Guess I'll just lock manually with the door button or fob. No big deal - the rest of the proximity key functions are amazing and I can't see going without them ever again!
Be aware: If you hear 3 beeps when walking away your car will not lock. I think it is sensing your key still in the car. Hit the button on handle to lock.

jbuckner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Be aware: If you hear 3 beeps when walking away your car will not lock. I think it is sensing your key still in the car. Hit the button on handle to lock.
Or a door is not closed properly might also not allow the doors to lock. Remember though that unless someone is in the car, don't lock with handle button while fob is in the car (if that's actually possible). May be a long wolk home. :)

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
If it senses that your fob is in the car, it won't beep at all. Rapid beeping means that all the doors are closed, but it can't determine the location of the fob.
Sponsored