Wake the Dragon 2023

bluzfanmr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Touring Coupe, '10 Hyundai Tucson
Country flag
Bummer, if this was a few weeks later I'd go since I'll be in that area. I envy all that get to go and maybe I'll get a chance to attend next year.
Sponsored

BrandonB

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport Hatch
Country flag
I am hoping to attend next year if they have it. I'll be doing military training all that week this year.

OP
OP
86salmon

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have some other drives in the works for the early arrivals and late departures. Western North Carolina has some great waterfall hikes and back roads

OP
OP
86salmon

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Wake the Dragon 2023 Screenshot_20230306-144210

See y'all in a couple weeks!

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dirt Bike, Vampire Wings
Country flag
Is it too late to join this. I just got my Si....I'm very happy. Amazing car. Would love to go to this event and see a gaggle of Civics all together.

OP
OP
86salmon

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is it too late to join this. I just got my Si....I'm very happy. Amazing car. Would love to go to this event and see a gaggle of Civics all together.
You are more than welcome to tag along, but all seats for the banquet are taken and t shirts are gone. There's going to be standing room for the raffle and we'll all driving all weekend!

mikes210

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FK7
Country flag

Short Answer... Yes.

Unfortunately we have reached the Fire Marshall mandated limit for the Banquet room we are using this year. Next year we hope to go back to the bigger banquet room we had pre-covid. But you can still come out and drive and partake in the rest of the festivities and fellowship with other Civic owners.

We will put out an official schedule you can print out and bring this next week.
But here is the basic rundown

Thursday: Some people will arrive early, drive, hit dinner etc. HONDA PRO JASON will be there Thursday night and till Friday afternoon

Friday:
Morning informal drives. People will group up around 9 or so. Look for post on the Facebook Forum.
Friday night: Registration check in, fire pit. Bring your favorite beverage and chair. Dinner on your own. Most people hit Wildwood Grille near the fire pit.

Saturday Morning
Line up for roll out (around 8:30 to 9am)
Roll out to bottom of dam for pictures and groups

Drive out. Your group leader will give you which way he's going. Most hit the Dragon first the, cruise to Cherahola. We will stop for lunch along the way

Saturday Afternoon - car show and swap meet

Saturday night: - Dinner, fun, door prizes, sponsors, etc.

You can bring canned food or make a $$ donation to the local food bank to get extra door prize tickets.

Sunday:
There will be a small group staying till monday or tuesday and doing drives. Look for FB post in group or make your own post saying you want to join up with someone.

What to bring:
* Chair for firepit
* Your favorite beverages . (you can buy beer in the resort store, but it's limited and EXPENSIVE. Robinsville is wet now and you can buy at the Ingles grocery store.
* FRS Radio. Your cell won't work on the roads up there and people communicate with a FRS Radio. Channel 4 unless otherwise announced.
* Print what you need for info. Wifi isn't the greatest in the cabins but works decently in the main lodge.

Have a question? just ask. Best to reach us on the FB page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/157173291770550

OP
OP
86salmon

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Protip!!

Download your route to the area!

That way your navigation can still work with spotty signal

icemansi

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2009 Fit Sport
Country flag
Plenty of people doing drives Friday later in the day. And lots going on Sunday. We are planing a long drive Sunday. I’ll be there around noon on Friday
Sponsored