First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FK7
Country flag
Wake the Dragon 2022 - June 17-19th.

Seems that most of the planning and communication is being done on the FB forum for CivicX Wake the Dragon.
Here is group link if you want to join. https://www.facebook.com/groups/157173291770550

Timothy Johnson aegeanguy94 is leading the event, but asked me to author a post. I'll answer what questions I can.

Main Information:
  • Dates are June 17-19th, 2022
  • 11th Generation Civics are also invited
  • Event centered around Fontana Village Resort in western North Carolina, just minutes from Highway 129, the "Dragon"
  • Best to reserve hotel now before rooms are gone. https://fontanavillage.com or 800.849.2258 .
  • Ask Fontana for Honda Civic X room rate discount.
  • Event registration upcoming after Tim finalizes details.
  • Sponsors, door prizes etc being finalized.

What's the Plan?
Arriving -
Most people will arrive Friday. A few will arrive Thursday so they can drive/tour on Friday. Arrive when you can and join the group when you can. Anyone arriving Saturday morning plan on meeting for drive departure at 9am.

Meals - Friday dinner is on your own, but most everyone will eat at Fontana at Wildwood Grill and socialize with other members. They have a nice bar with several beers on tap. Breakfast is on your own. Saturday Lunch will be along the drive somewhere. Saturday Dinner will a group dinner in one of the banquet rooms and will LIKELY be included in registration fee.

Saturday Drive - Final plans are being determine but LIKELY we will meet for a 9am group gathering and maybe photo, then split into groups to drive the Dragon, Cherahala Skyway, etc. Your group will determine a lunch stop along the way.

Driving Groups - We will split up into different groups based on peoples preferences or driving comfort abilities. That will let those who want to go fast,.... go fast... and those who want to go slow, go slow.

Don't Have a Civic anymore but love coming? - yeah we will still welcome you.

Saturday Afternoon - LIKELY a social gathering and car showing at the resort.

Saturday Night - Group banquet and fun. More info on Door Prizes to come as it's finalized. Will include dinner and desert.

Sunday - no major events planned but in past years we've met up and hit the dragon for a run or two before leaving then grabbed a burger at Junction 129.

More about Fontana Village - Fontana Village is a resort that dates back to the 1940's when they were building Fontana Dam. It offers a large lodge with nice hotel rooms and lots of cabins that are 1BR to 4BR that you can rent. The resort has 2 pools, put-put golf, etc. There is a location across from Wildwood Grill to wash your car, but best to bring your own washing supplies, equipment (I think they have a hose there).

What else to bring? - Everyone communicates with FRS Radios. You can buy these at Walmart or outdoor stores.
Here are some examples from Amazon.com Watch for later announcement on channel but it's likely channel 4 or 6.

What will it cost? - Tim is working that now to get Catering set up for Dinner, Sponsors, Door Prizes, Banquet Room , maybe T-shirts, etc. When he gets those details we will post them. But the goal is to keep it withing reasonable cost. Hotel costs are on your own.

Got questions?
Reply here....
Hit the Facebook Group CivicX Wake The Dragon
Send a PM to me or Tim at aegeanguy94

If I update the post I will try to include [EDIT] so you can see what changed.
Sponsored

Tonycivicboi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
im excited