First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I will be down there that weekend. Would definitely like to get in on the skyway drive as i did not drive it last year. What time is the group leaving Saturday morning?
Maybe around 12? We left the dam after the meet and greet and photo, did the dragon in groups mid-morning then headed out towards the Skyway... stopping for lunch before we went on it. Corey would have the last itinerary. I also donā€™t think all the groups did the skyway after the dragon... I thought one did a different route.
Sponsored

Excite Bike

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Does anybody know how many people are registered for Wake the Dragon at this point?

Excite Bike

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just curious cause of all the closings, and cancellations like the NBA, NCAA basketball tournament, Disney World, etc. but what is the plan at this point for Wake the Dragon? Iā€™m super excited for this trip, but Iā€™m getting worried that it might not happen.

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Excite Bike

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the quick reply. I donā€™t have a Facebook account so Iā€™m in the dark on some of the Wake the Dragon info.

NkryptD0n3

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Platinum White
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone have a recommendation for a walkie talkie (2 way radio) & know what channel this year will be running on? Thanks!

brandonduley

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan (FC1)
Country flag

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Wake the Dragon 2020 - Event & Registration Information **New dates Aug 21-23** wtd2019logo_final_notext

We must let the dragon sleep a bit longer. This is certainly not a post I was hoping to make but we are at a point now where we must postpone the event to a later date. We have been working with Fontana Village and they have given us alternate dates to choose from. At this time we are looking at either August 21-23 or November 13-15. I am also glad to say that room deposits will not be forfeited due to this schedule change. Your reservation can either be moved to the new event weekend, or you can cancel your reservation and be issued as a credit redeemable towards a future stay at Fontana Village. If you are set on heading to Fontana Village as scheduled on April 3, there is no one to stop you. However, there will be no sanctioned event activities that weekend.

This decision was made due to growing concerns of registrants, event sponsors, and a statement by the governor of North Carolina requesting all gatherings of 100 or more are postponed or canceled.

To save the trouble of manually refunding hundreds of registration fees and then collecting them again later, refunds will only be issued by request. If you do not request a refund, the registration fee will be held assuming that you will be attending once a new date has been selected. Please remember that this is not a for profit event, and that if you do not attend the rescheduled event or request a refund, the left over money will be donated to the effort to help group member Michelle Thompson with her medical expenses. If you do wish to request a refund, please email us at [email protected] and include your PayPal transaction ID from your payment.

All vendor/sponsorship agreements are being left in place, assuming that the vendor/sponsor in question wishes to still support the event at a later date. If that is not the case, feel free to email me at [email protected] to discuss further.

Sorry for the bad news. The Dragon is not going anywhere. While we may have to let it sleep for a bit longer, we will be back to wake it soon.

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
wtd2019logo_final_notext.png

We must let the dragon sleep a bit longer. This is certainly not a post I was hoping to make but we are at a point now where we must postpone the event to a later date. We have been working with Fontana Village and they have given us alternate dates to choose from. At this time we are looking at either August 21-23 or November 13-15. I am also glad to say that room deposits will not be forfeited due to this schedule change. Your reservation can either be moved to the new event weekend, or you can cancel your reservation and be issued as a credit redeemable towards a future stay at Fontana Village. If you are set on heading to Fontana Village as scheduled on April 3, there is no one to stop you. However, there will be no sanctioned event activities that weekend.

This decision was made due to growing concerns of registrants, event sponsors, and a statement by the governor of North Carolina requesting all gatherings of 100 or more are postponed or canceled.

To save the trouble of manually refunding hundreds of registration fees and then collecting them again later, refunds will only be issued by request. If you do not request a refund, the registration fee will be held assuming that you will be attending once a new date has been selected. Please remember that this is not a for profit event, and that if you do not attend the rescheduled event or request a refund, the left over money will be donated to the effort to help group member Michelle Thompson with her medical expenses. If you do wish to request a refund, please email us at [email protected] and include your PayPal transaction ID from your payment.

All vendor/sponsorship agreements are being left in place, assuming that the vendor/sponsor in question wishes to still support the event at a later date. If that is not the case, feel free to email me at [email protected] to discuss further.

Sorry for the bad news. The Dragon is not going anywhere. While we may have to let it sleep for a bit longer, we will be back to wake it soon.
I know this was a tough call for you. Thanks for all you do!

Azov237

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
This is SOOOO dumb....but it is what it is. I at least want my T shirt mailed. I doubt I will make the other dates.

And for what it's worth. I will still be there as scheduled.

Last edited:

RepyT

Almost Stock ā€˜19 R on 255/35-19ā€
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just curious cause of all the closings, and cancellations like the NBA, NCAA basketball tournament, Disney World, etc. but what is the plan at this point for Wake the Dragon? Iā€™m super excited for this trip, but Iā€™m getting worried that it might not happen.
To that I say ....................drag

...on

Honda Civic 10th gen Wake the Dragon 2020 - Event & Registration Information **New dates Aug 21-23** 0B22A427-202D-4A38-88E2-9EA01235C539
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.