Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
I'm still trying to decide if we should still go considering I already got my vacation days from work approved and I doubt I'd be able to get a refund from the resort this close in. A credit towards the future is no good.

It would still be a nice weekend getaway for the gf and I. There would be much less traffic at least, I was just looking forward to checking out other people's Type R builds
I'm contemplating the same. There's a bunch of ppl on the FB group that say they're still going.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

RepyT

Almost Stock ā€˜19 R on 255/35-19ā€
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm contemplating the same. There's a bunch of ppl on the FB group that say they're still going.
i canā€™t wait (weight) either so maybe we should call any unofficial gathering,
ā€œScale of the Dragonā€?

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So was I. Iā€™m 500 miles out. Iā€™m a military guy and there here was a directive that our leave radius was set to 400 miles this morning from big navy. That just got cut down to 100 miles only by Group this afternoon. If they keep cutting, I might not be allowed to drive the 10 miles to get onto base (fingers crossed)

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So was I. Iā€™m 500 miles out. Iā€™m a military guy and there here was a directive that our leave radius was set to 400 miles this morning from big navy. That just got cut down to 100 miles only by Group this afternoon. If they keep cutting, I might not be allowed to drive the 10 miles to get onto base (fingers crossed)
Chuckstream,
Ahoy Matey!

Im retired AF (still involved) and if you use the DoD mileage to Fontana resort youā€™re at 460 miles.

One nautical (Navy) mile is 1.15 statute miles.

1.15 x 400 = 460 miles, no Captainā€™s Mast for you if you explain you legally pre-planned this trip under correct Navy standards at that time. No similar AF restrictions but weā€™re not going TDY anywhere. They probably did that to reduce migratory chances of Corona Virus that no one in your uniform will ever abbreviate as CV, LOL. I might be able to arrange drive on airlift if youā€™re O-6 or above (kidding)?

Doing more math on possibilities plus gut feeling, how are things at NAS Pensacola? Iā€™m in Destin.

Last edited:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Chuckstream,
Ahoy Matey!

Im retired AF (still involved) and if you use the DoD mileage to Fontana resort youā€™re at 460 miles.

One nautical (Navy) mile is 1.15 statute miles.

1.15 x 400 = 460 miles, no Captainā€™s Mast for you if you explain you legally pre-planned this trip under correct Navy standards at that time. No similar AF restrictions but weā€™re not going TDY anywhere. They probably did that to reduce migratory chances of Corona Virus that no one in your uniform will ever abbreviate as CV, LOL. I might be able to arrange drive on airlift if youā€™re O-6 or above (kidding)?

Doing more math on possibilities plus gut feeling, how are things at NAS Pensacola? Iā€™m in Destin.
Its for all DoD military, civilians and their families. The local submarine group reduced it to 100. Even nautical miles wonā€™t help me there, friend. ;) If youā€™re DoD civilian, it actually ought to still apply to you. I have a TAD school in Rhode Island that was happening throughout all of May getting affected by it. I picked that timeframe so my grad day was the same day the kids get out of school for summer break. Now? If it reopens in the summer, Iā€™ll miss 1/2 or more of my kids summer vacation.
https://media.defense.gov/2020/Mar/...OMPONENTS-IN-RESPONSE-TO-CORONAVIRUS-2019.PDF

Last edited:

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Event Updates - 3/16/20
  • A new date for the event has been selected, the weekend of August 21-23.
  • If you wish to keep your old reservation for any reason, please reply to this post ASAP stating that you wish to keep your reservation. Anyone that does not opt out will have their reservation transferred to the new date by a resort staff member. This will save lots of time and effort from all involved.
  • If you are not able to make the new date and would like to request that your registration fee be refunded, please email us at [email protected] with your PayPal transaction ID from your payment receipt and we are happy to take care of that.
  • Some group members have expressed interest in donating their registration fee toward group member Michelle Thompson's fight against a brain tumor. If you reply here requesting to donate your registration fee, I will make that happen. Even if you still plan on coming, this option is available as you can always pay the registration fee at a later date. If you'd prefer to donate directly, that can be done here: https://www.gofundme.com/f/dqadj2-michelles-fight
  • The new cut-off date for registration is 8/1/2020.

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Event Updates - 3/16/20
  • If you wish to keep your old reservation for any reason, please reply to this post ASAP stating that you wish to keep your reservation.
Keep!
I forgot to include Username when registering, my bad. If you would like specifics send me PM or tell me who to send one to please, thanks.
Darn ROOKIES, geesh!

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Event Updates - 3/16/20
  • If you wish to keep your old reservation for any reason, please reply to this post ASAP stating that you wish to keep your reservation. Anyone that does not opt out will have their reservation transferred to the new date by a resort staff member. This will save lots of time and effort from all involved.
  • If you are not able to make the new date and would like to request that your registration fee be refunded, please email us at [email protected] with your PayPal transaction ID from your payment receipt and we are happy to take care of that.
  • Some group members have expressed interest in donating their registration fee toward group member Michelle Thompson's fight against a brain tumor. If you reply here requesting to donate your registration fee, I will make that happen. Even if you still plan on coming, this option is available as you can always pay the registration fee at a later date. If you'd prefer to donate directly, that can be done here: https://www.gofundme.com/f/dqadj2-michelles-fight
Donate please. I wonā€™t make the new date. Kids will be back in school (maybe... :rolleyes: ...Lord Corona show us mercy) and Iā€™ll be unavailable due to work commitments. It was me plus 4 guests.

Cspeed

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic hatchback sport touring
Country flag
Event Updates - 3/16/20
I would like to keep the reservations. Me and my friend already requested off thank you!

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Keep!
I forgot to include Username when registering, my bad. If you would like specifics send me PM or tell me who to send one to please, thanks.
Darn ROOKIES, geesh!
Please PM me the name on the reservation you'd like to keep. Thanks

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've provided a list to Fontana Village of those that requested to keep their reservations. The rest will be transferred to the new event weekend. I am sure that Fontana will send out confirmation of this. If you need to make any further changes to your reservation, they will be happy to help. Thanks

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Received my confirmation for the new dates from Fonatana!:dance:

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've provided a list to Fontana Village of those that requested to keep their reservations. The rest will be transferred to the new event weekend. I am sure that Fontana will send out confirmation of this. If you need to make any further changes to your reservation, they will be happy to help. Thanks
Mr 360glitch kind sir,

Based on my employers direction today, (look upward, weā€™re on it) I need to shift to Aug, Should I contact Fontana directly now?

My glitch not yours.

Azov237

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Just as a heads up for anyone that is still trying to go in April. All of the restaurants are now closed in the area on the Tennessee side.

Cspeed

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic hatchback sport touring
Country flag
My buddy just backed out is it too late to move my reservations to the postponed date?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.