Wake the Dragon 2019, Presented by KTuner! (Tail of the Dragon Meet) April 5-7 2019

mikes210

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FK7
Country flag
So I had a BLAST this weekend. My son Matthew really had a blast. We are both ready to come back next year.
Thanks to all the volunteers who coordinated the event and the event Sponsors who contributed the door prizes and other stuff.

Mike (and Matthew)
Sponsored

Bumflik

First Name
Kinte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler . Sienna . Civic Type R FK8 '17
Country flag
Just got back home after an amazing weekend at Fontana Dam and Wake the Dragon 2019, and I wanted to say thank you to a few people.

I just bought my 2019 Sport Hatch in February, black, 6 spd MT, all stock (for now), and saw this Wake the Dragon thing. Asked the wife if she wanted to go, she shocked my by saying yes, and away we went on Friday. Got in a wreck on the way to Fontana Dam (my fault, yes, for those who were there, my Civic was the one with the crushed driver's side door and front quarter panel), but arrived without further incident. The room was great, a little dated maybe, but still, for $110 per night? I'm good. Right away started meeting some amazing people...

Zen - thanks for pointing me in the right direction when I arrived.
Brian (staff member Brian, spelled with an "i" and not a "y", the only correct way to spell the name) thanks for the welcome at check-in and being an awesome lead car for the so-called "relaxed" group. That drive was a blast.
Jim and Jean from Ontario - Nice to meet you, thanks for making the 2 day drive, I enjoyed spending time with you, and look forward to keeping in touch.
Brian and Lindsay from St. Louis - Loved your car, enjoyed doing my best to stick to your bumper through the Tail of the Dragon. The only reason others might bsoblu is because they're not driving an Si like yours...
Melissa and Todd from Conyers, GA - Loved that Type R, and really looking forward to a clutch from Competition Clutch. Keep me posted on availability, I'm definitely interested!
Larson and Charlie - enjoyed talking with you at the Dam photo
Mike and son Matthew - Enjoyed talking with you, and I'm glad Matthew got to go on Dad's roller coaster ride through the Tail of the Dragon. Won't be long before he'll be driving... have fun with that! ;)
Fred - Nice to meet another "older" car enthusiast
Alayna from Cincinnati - Enjoyed having you join us for breakfast, glad you made the drive, be safe heading home.
Josh - Thanks for all the insight on how to mod my sport hatch, I'll be checking out that_pmm_fk7 soon
Issac and Stan - Really great running into the both of you multiple times throughout the weekend. You two are a lot of the reason why I came to the event and hoped to have a chance to meet some really great people.
Jacob from Iowa/Minnesota - You are a master brewer and I loved that dunkel I drank. Very tasty, and thanks for sharing!
PJ and Chad from Orlando - Thanks for breaking bread and sitting down with me at lunch at the Venti Pizzeria. Great to see you on the road back home today, PJ, I hope that little one at home continues to make Papa proud.
To all the others that helped make the weekend great and especially to the staff and organizers - If I didn't get a chance to meet you, I hope I will see you next year. If I forgot meeting you, shame on me, I'll do better next time.
To all the sponsors - Thank you K Tuner, PRL, RV6, Sirimoto, TwoStepPerformance, Acuity, and the rest... raffles, awards, discounts, stickers, and everything else that went in to this weekend was greatly appreciated. I'll be spending some dollars in the days ahead...

To those who didn't make it - I hope we do it again next year, and I hope you make the drive. It was a great weekend full of great people and great cars. I was probably one of the "elder statesmen" at almost 55, but I noticed a few others with some gray like me... Men, women, young, old, it didn't matter. We came together, bonded by our love for our cars and for driving, and had a fantastic time. Thank you all, and safe travels everyone!

IMG_2532.jpg
Love ya Matthew!!!

Nanook

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord, 2018 Pilot, 2017 Si, 2018 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are any of the pictures from the dam going to be posted?

Bumflik

First Name
Kinte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Soon i gotva cpl haha

Bumflik

First Name
Kinte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
And i will get this digital print but here is the original

Honda Civic 10th gen Wake the Dragon 2019, Presented by KTuner! (Tail of the Dragon Meet) April 5-7 2019 IMG_27201

Nanook

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord, 2018 Pilot, 2017 Si, 2018 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wish folks would post more pictures. Keep looking for the “official” dam shots.

Also. Who had the sick red circular dragon decal on the side of their spoiler? Black CTR. Need a picture and or, where you got it.

Last edited:

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wish folks would post more pictures. Keep looking for the “official” dam shots.

Also. Who had the sick red circular dragon decal on the side of their spoiler? Black CTR. Need a picture and or, where you got it.
There are more pics on the Facebook page, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that you don't do fb.
I think this is the CTR you are talking about. If it is, I'll ask on fb for ya!

Honda Civic 10th gen Wake the Dragon 2019, Presented by KTuner! (Tail of the Dragon Meet) April 5-7 2019 FB_IMG_1555365438166
Sponsored