Wake the Dragon 2019, Presented by KTuner! (Tail of the Dragon Meet) April 5-7 2019

Bumflik

First Name
Kinte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler . Sienna . Civic Type R FK8 '17
Country flag
Oh cool. I looked at the reposted old list #65 folk. Now i see the updated list on pg 1.. Cool thx
Sponsored

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cool! Me + guest + guest + guest + guest + guest. Should be a full car!

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
If you are coming through the Pittsburgh area please be sure to stop by PRL for two events we will be having

Thursday, April 4th, we will be having a social at Devout Brewing right down the street from PRL. There will be a food truck (to be determined). This is a kid friendly environment if you happen to have your family along on the trip. If you come for this event and are looking for a reasonable rate hotel to stay at Holiday Inn Express Delmont-Murrysville is the closest hotel to PRL. It is right next to a Get-Go and McDonalds with a Walmart and Rite Aid conveniently across the street.

Friday morning we will be meeting at PRL starting at 7am. Small shop tours will be in rotation by a few of our employees so you can check out our facility and witness first hand where your parts are made! We are providing some donuts and coffee before we depart for North Carolina. Our goal is to be leaving the PRL parking lot and in motion by 9am. Be aware that there are two tolls if we take 66-119-43-79. Should run less than $6, bonus points if you have an EZ-Pass;). If we leave in that time frame a 7-7:30pm arrival in North Carolina is what we expect.

Honda Civic 10th gen Wake the Dragon 2019, Presented by KTuner! (Tail of the Dragon Meet) April 5-7 2019 PRL%20Social%20at%20Devout%20Brewing_zpshuodklk1

Honda Civic 10th gen Wake the Dragon 2019, Presented by KTuner! (Tail of the Dragon Meet) April 5-7 2019 PRL%20Coffee%20and%20Donuts%20before%20Dragon_zpsojdvrlzn

SichuanHot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hello all, I'm still debating whether or not to attend. I've noticed that most of the rooms at the resort are double beds? Is it possible to book one with just a single bed and save some cash? Thanks!

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello all, I'm still debating whether or not to attend. I've noticed that most of the rooms at the resort are double beds? Is it possible to book one with just a single bed and save some cash? Thanks!
I think post #1 shows the rooms that were available and I also looked at their website. There is a king option vice double... but that looked to be it. Maybe someone will be willing to play hostel and split a room if you're willing to share and turn ~$120 to 60 a night. I don't think there's many other options. The Civic event pricing is pretty aggressive. My wife made our reservation, but she made it sound like the discount on the cabin we're getting was substantial because when we first looked at the website price we thought cabins were going to be about twice as much as the price quoted to over over the phone. Had they been the website price, we wouldn't have decided to go.

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think post #1 shows the rooms that were available and I also looked at their website. There is a king option vice double... but that looked to be it. Maybe someone will be willing to play hostel and split a room if you're willing to share and turn ~$120 to 60 a night. I don't think there's many other options. The Civic event pricing is pretty aggressive. My wife made our reservation, but she made it sound like the discount on the cabin we're getting was substantial because when we first looked at the website price we thought cabins were going to be about twice as much as the price quoted to over over the phone. Had they been the website price, we wouldn't have decided to go.
I have also been trying to figure out a way to make it less expensive to attend. I would be willing to split room costs if IF I could find someone who would. I was there last year and spent very little time in the room. For me it is a place to sleep at night and a facility for personal hygiene. Other than that I don't plan on being in there much.

Last edited:

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

SichuanHot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you are coming through the Pittsburgh area please be sure to stop by PRL for two events we will be having

Thursday, April 4th, we will be having a social at Devout Brewing right down the street from PRL. There will be a food truck (to be determined). This is a kid friendly environment if you happen to have your family along on the trip. If you come for this event and are looking for a reasonable rate hotel to stay at Holiday Inn Express Delmont-Murrysville is the closest hotel to PRL. It is right next to a Get-Go and McDonalds with a Walmart and Rite Aid conveniently across the street.

Friday morning we will be meeting at PRL starting at 7am. Small shop tours will be in rotation by a few of our employees so you can check out our facility and witness first hand where your parts are made! We are providing some donuts and coffee before we depart for North Carolina. Our goal is to be leaving the PRL parking lot and in motion by 9am. Be aware that there are two tolls if we take 66-119-43-79. Should run less than $6, bonus points if you have an EZ-Pass;). If we leave in that time frame a 7-7:30pm arrival in North Carolina is what we expect.

PRL%20Social%20at%20Devout%20Brewing_zpshuodklk1.jpg

PRL%20Coffee%20and%20Donuts%20before%20Dragon_zpsojdvrlzn.jpg
Hi PRL! I am strongly considering going and would be coming from the Ohio area. I was wondering if there is space for me to meet up with the group on Friday morning for the caravan down to North Carolina? Will there also be walkies being used during the caravan for communication? Thanks!

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Hi PRL! I am strongly considering going and would be coming from the Ohio area. I was wondering if there is space for me to meet up with the group on Friday morning for the caravan down to North Carolina? Will there also be walkies being used during the caravan for communication? Thanks!
Thanks for inquiring, you are certainly welcome to join us at our shop from 7-9am for a shop tour, donuts and then caravan down with us. We will be leaving promptly at 9am and are making 2 other stops along the way farther south to gather more civicX owners. We will use walkie talkies when we are actually at the dragon as they get programmed to a party line for the dragon drive. We hope this clears up a few questions. :)

SichuanHot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for inquiring, you are certainly welcome to join us at our shop from 7-9am for a shop tour, donuts and then caravan down with us. We will be leaving promptly at 9am and are making 2 other stops along the way farther south to gather more civicX owners. We will use walkie talkies when we are actually at the dragon as they get programmed to a party line for the dragon drive. We hope this clears up a few questions. :)
Awesome! Thank you for the prompt answer! I've just confirmed my reservation and will be making the PayPal one shortly. Looking forwards to meeting the rest of the CivicX community!

sdelre

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CIVIC EX
Country flag
@360glitch

Hi, I forgot to add my t-shirt size. It will be me and the fam the pay pal account is under Monica Delre. 1XL, 1L, 1M, 1M. Thank you

Roadcone

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 FR-S + '19 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Trying to snag me a SGP CTR right now... If i cant i'll likely bring my 86 and check out yalls cars if i cant get one before this. if yall are cool with that...

Honda Civic 10th gen Wake the Dragon 2019, Presented by KTuner! (Tail of the Dragon Meet) April 5-7 2019 frstougefest2018
Sponsored