Wake the Dragon 2019, Presented by KTuner! (Tail of the Dragon Meet) April 5-7 2019

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Early registration is officially over. Late registration is available through 3/15. Register by 3/11 if you want to be guaranteed an event t-shirt! The cost for late registration is $25 per person.
Sponsored

SIckspeedTB

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CivicSI
Country flag
sent message direct to PayPal contact. please add us to the list. SIckspeedTB and 1 guest. Tshirt sizes Xlg & XXlg. looking forward to the gathering! The Becks

AlaynaRuble

First Name
Alayna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic type-r
Country flag
Thanks for inquiring, you are certainly welcome to join us at our shop from 7-9am for a shop tour, donuts and then caravan down with us. We will be leaving promptly at 9am and are making 2 other stops along the way farther south to gather more civicX owners. We will use walkie talkies when we are actually at the dragon as they get programmed to a party line for the dragon drive. We hope this clears up a few questions. :)
hi I was hoping to find somebody to caravan down there with as well and I'm in Cincinnati Ohio I'd like to know what part of Ohio you're in Sichuanhot.

Last edited:

AlaynaRuble

First Name
Alayna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic type-r
Country flag
Awesome! Thank you for the prompt answer! I've just confirmed my reservation and will be making the PayPal one shortly. Looking forwards to meeting the rest of the CivicX community!
Hi I'm from Cincinnati, where are you located?

SIckspeedTB

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CivicSI
Country flag
Wake the Dragon 2019, presented by @KTuner
After an awesome 2018 event, it is almost time to head back to the world famous Tail of the Dragon and have some more fun!

1974258.jpg

(Check out more of our 2018 Photos here: https://www.civicx.com/threads/wtd-2018-photo-thread.22537/)

Dates: April 5-7 2019 (Friday - Sunday)
Host: Fontana Village Resort in Fontana Dam, NC (http://www.fontanavillage.com/)
Late Registration Cost: $25.00
Late Registration Deadline: March 15 2019
Event Sponsors: @KTuner, @procivic, @ACUITY, @PRL Motorsports, @RV6 and @Two Step Performance. The CivicX.com administration has also made a supporting donation.

What does the registration fee cover?
  • A catered meal Saturday night. It will be a "Backyard BBQ" themed buffet. (Vegetarian plates are available by request at the time of registration)
  • Car show entry with awards voted on by attendees. There will be divisions including the 10th gen Honda Civic sedan, coupe, hatchback, and Type R. There will also be a division for the coolest "party crasher", eligible to attendees that bring a vehicle other than a 10th gen Civic.
  • Door prize entry
  • Event t-shirt (If you register after 3/11/19 I cannot guarantee you will receive a t-shirt!)
  • Maps, etc
This is only possible thanks to the support we have had from our event sponsors. Please show your gratitude to all of our event sponsors!

----

Our tentative schedule is as follows:

Thursday:
AM: (no events planned)
PM: Small group drives across Deal's Gap (Tail of the Dragon)

Friday:
AM: Group drive to and through the "Devil's Triangle" route (https://devilstriangletn.com/) with a stop at the old Brush Mountain State Penitentiary (https://tourbrushy.com/tours) for a tour. (Estimated $12 per person for tour, not included in registration fee)
PM: Meet/Greet/Event Check-In at the Game Room at Fontana Village (This is the "official" start of the event)

Saturday:
AM:
  • Possible Meet and Greet / Safety Meeting with Blount County Rescue (the local volunteer rescue squad) http://www.bcrs.org/
  • Group Photo
  • Main drive across Deal's Gap and the Cherohala Skyway, stop for lunch midway
PM:
  • Car show (Everyone in attendance is encouraged to show off their car. Awards are given based on votes from each registrant) / Vendor Expo
  • "Banquet" (group meal where we also give out prizes) (Banquet makes things sound strangely formal. The facility and catering team will all be very nice but this is a t-shirt and shorts event for most)
Sunday: (no events planned)​

----
Did someone say door prizes?
  • Thanks to our sponsors, we will have a great assortment of door prizes. Attendees can look forward to the opportunity of winning a Ktuner ECU programmer, a gift card from PRL, or one of our many other prizes!
  • Everyone that signs up will be issued tickets for door prizes.
Room Reservations
  • Lodging expenses at the Fontana Village Resort will be the responsibility of the attendees but we have negotiated a special price for the weekend.
  • To receive our special rate please call 800-849-2258 and reference "Civic Owner's Group". We have reserved a limited number of rooms and this rate is good for a limited time only! Once those are gone it will be first come, first serve for remaining rooms at the resort.
  • In addition to "traditional" hotel style rooms they also have various cabins available on the property that can be rented, if desired.
30594741_2119853444697290_2824170704855891968_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.jpg

Sign-up Information
  • Registration fees can be paid via PayPal using the below link. Anyone that wants to attend our catered meal and have an opportunity for door prizes needs to register. (spouses, guests, ect)
  • Please include your CivicX username in the payment notes. (if you have one)
  • Also, please include your t-shirt size(s) for all paid attendees
  • The link defaults to a single $25 payment for one spot, but if you need to pay for more than one person you can adjust it to $50, etc.
  • Registration Link: www.paypal.me/wakethedragoncivicx/25
  • Once your payment is received we will add you to the list of those that have registered, as shown below.
Registered Attendees
  1. 360glitch (Corey)
  2. G-Squared (Wes)
  3. Penguinsgestapo (Brian)
  4. Teders (Ted)
  5. Teders Guest
  6. ElusiveAura (Marc)
  7. BbDave (David)
  8. BbDave Guest 1
  9. BbDave Guest 2
  10. BbDave Guest 3
  11. u135135 (Rob)
  12. 10GCivicgirl (Deanna)
  13. 10GCivicgirl Guest (Brian C.)
  14. Zain Ibrahim
  15. Zain Ibrahim Guest
  16. Charles Oehlberg
  17. Charles Oehlberg Guest
  18. Theodore Williams
  19. jeff Forness
  20. jeff Forness Guest
  21. David H. Chaltain
  22. Mike Faunce
  23. WhiskeyTango (Matthew)
  24. WhiskeyTango Guest
  25. hellojake (Jacob)
  26. Nanook (Jonathan)
  27. Larry Long
  28. Larry Long Guest
  29. type_r_tom (Thomas)
  30. xjoshuax89 (Jeong-Seop)
  31. Deezy (Daniel)
  32. Deezy Guest
  33. tdsounds (Ti)
  34. Anthonyngo27 (Anthony)
  35. gabe187 (Hector)
  36. Cyoda (Charles)
  37. VidaDeX (Xavier)
  38. VidaDeX Guest
  39. Michael Simeral
  40. Kalvin Frank
  41. Kalvin Frank Guest
  42. Fuji Imports (Mike)
  43. Fuji Imports Guest
  44. TurboYoda58 (Nicholas)
  45. PRL Denis
  46. PRL Eric
  47. PRL Spencer
  48. the_red_Si (Josh)
  49. Brian Banas
  50. xItsBertx (Robert)
  51. xItsBertx Guest
  52. SouthSideBeef (Steven)
  53. Anthony Boyd
  54. Anthony Boyd Guest
  55. Jelaine Garrett
  56. Alayna Ruble
  57. John Valencia
  58. Kyle Bradley
  59. Kyle Bradley Guest
  60. caspar21 (Jim)
  61. caspar21 Guest
  62. Samurai
  63. Samurai Guest
  64. Jamie Jarman
  65. Jamie Jarman Guest
  66. ryanoceros (Ryan)
  67. Brian Gunther
  68. angel sablan
  69. angel sablan Guest
  70. Jonathan Cacho
  71. Malia Rayder
  72. Bumflik
  73. Bumflik Guest
  74. blkfk7
  75. blkfk7 Guest
  76. Charles Rivers
  77. Charles Rivers Guest
  78. Charles Rivers Guest
  79. Charles Rivers Guest
  80. Charles Rivers Guest
  81. Scrapdog
  82. RicanSoljah
  83. Zachary Chaltain
  84. Pjking7399
  85. Pjking7399 Guest
  86. steelfan7777
  87. steelfan7777 Guest
  88. Victor Sevilla
  89. peters239
  90. Jimmy Quach
  91. Stephen Gongaware
  92. Francisco Cuate
  93. Tyler Lawrence
  94. Tyler Lawrence Guest
  95. Josam Waterman
  96. Aaron VanderWeide
  97. Matthew Agosto
  98. Monica Del Re
  99. Monica Del Re Guest 1
  100. Monica Del Re Guest 2
  101. Monica Del Re Guest 3
  102. RedGiant217 (Joel)
  103. factionr
  104. factionr Guest
  105. Ben McFee
  106. SichuanHot (Vachan)
  107. mfwalsh942
  108. mfwalsh942 Guest
  109. Derek Robinson
  110. Derek Robinson Guest 1
  111. Derek Robinson Guest 2
  112. Derek Robinson Guest 3
  113. Michelle Thompson
  114. SleepyFC1
  115. WifeyFC1
  116. MacKharoni (Kha)
  117. brandonduley
  118. brandonduley Guest
  119. Alfred Bradick
  120. Alfred Bradick Guest
  121. CTR#9180 (Santos)
  122. FeLix J Leon-Renta
  123. Grant Sugar
  124. Evan Sugar
  125. Michael Wilber
  126. Eric Beale
  127. Chris Pond
  128. Andrea Graham
  129. KnoxTn17Si (Brandon)
  130. The Slingshot Kid
  131. The Slingshot Kid Guest
  132. Manuel Peral
  133. Manuel Peral Guest
  134. mikes210
  135. mikes210 Guest
  136. Timothy Johnson
  137. Timothy Johnson Guest
  138. bptruett
  139. bptruett Guest
  140. APEX Performance
  141. NotATypeR
Last updated 3/6/19
Could we please have an update on this list of registered poeple, Thanks SIckspeedTB

mikes210

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FK7
Country flag

Friday:
AM: Group drive to and through the "Devil's Triangle" route (https://devilstriangletn.com/) with a stop at the old Brush Mountain State Penitentiary (https://tourbrushy.com/tours) for a tour. (Estimated $12 per person for tour, not included in registration fee)
PM: Meet/Greet/Event Check-In at the Game Room at Fontana Village (This is the "official" start of the event)
Anything "more local" (closer to Fontanna Village) going on Friday?

I'm coming up that day (from the south) and won't likely get there in time for the Brushy Mountain Penitentiary ride and it's about 2.5 hour north. So will be hard to catch up to that group.

But I can likely be there by around lunchtime if anyone wanted to do tour/ride somewhere early afternoon that is not so far away.

Please feel free to discuss options
Mike

EDIT: Maybe a run down Nantahala Gorge, stopping at NOC (outfitter store) and then on to Oconaluftee on the other side of Cherokee or Maggie Valley. (I love buying Jams at the Oconaluftee store)

This sould be route from Fontanna Village to Ocanaluftee (44 miles / 1hr)
Honda Civic 10th gen Wake the Dragon 2019, Presented by KTuner! (Tail of the Dragon Meet) April 5-7 2019 Capture.JPG

Of if we did the loop along the Nantahala River and top at NOC
Honda Civic 10th gen Wake the Dragon 2019, Presented by KTuner! (Tail of the Dragon Meet) April 5-7 2019 Capture.JPG

or.... if we did all the above mentioned (including along the whitewater river)

Last edited:

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag

I'm coming up that day (from the south) and won't likely get there in time for the Brushy Mountain Penitentiary ride and it's about 2.5 hour north. So will be hard to catch up to that group.

But I can likely be there by around lunchtime if anyone wanted to do tour/ride somewhere early afternoon that is not so far away.

Mike
I probably won't get there until early afternoon, but if I decide to leave earlier and get there by lunchtime, I'll be interested.

Nanook

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord, 2018 Pilot, 2017 Si, 2018 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There are three of us coming from VA/NC will be there Thursday night around dinner time. Any added side trips or events are fine with me.

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EXL
Country flag

Mike

EDIT: Maybe a run down Nantahala Gorge, stopping at NOC (outfitter store) and then on to Oconaluftee on the other side of Cherokee or Maggie Valley. (I love buying Jams at the Oconaluftee store)

This sould be route from Fontanna Village to Ocanaluftee (44 miles / 1hr)
Capture.JPG

Of if we did the loop along the Nantahala River and top at NOC
Capture.JPG

or.... if we did all the above mentioned (including along the whitewater river)
Capture.JPG
Count me in! Let me know how you want to connect & group up.

GaruJPN

First Name
Yuichi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T Coupe EGP
Country flag
Hello everyone! Garu here. Sorry for the late registration. Hope there's still spots left!
I will be coming down from Michigan. Looks like it will be 9.5 hour drive! This will be my second trip out there, with Smoky Mountains being the first time. Hope to see you all there!

Neo3151

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Signed up yesterday with a guest. Need this vacation.
Sponsored