Wake the Dragon 2018 presented by Hondata (Tail of the Dragon Meet) - Late Reg through March 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Attn: Late Registration

We are allowing "late registration" from now until March 25th. Anyone who registers from this point forward will unfortunately NOT receive an event t-shirt. The t-shirt order has been placed and they were paid for by sponsor donations. Late registrants will still receive all other benefits, as listed below. The fee for late registration will be $35 per person. Yes, it was a much better deal to have registered prior to the deadline, but we have increasing expenses for late additions that will need to be covered if anyone else chooses to sign up. If you'd like to take advantage of the late registration option, please see the sign-up information below.

----------

Wake the Dragon 2018, presented by Hondata

Dates: March 30 - April 1 2018 (Friday - Sunday)
Host: Fontana Village Resort in Fontana Dam, NC (http://www.fontanavillage.com/)
Late Registration Cost: $35.00
Late Registration Deadline: March 25 2018
Event Sponsors: @KTuner, @procivic, @ACUITY, @RV6, @PRL Motorsports, @Performance Brakes LTD, @Hondata, and @dusty kemp. The CivicX.com administration has also made a supporting donation.

What does the late registration cost cover?
  • A catered meal Saturday night. It will be a "Backyard BBQ" themed buffet. (Vegetarian plates are available by request at the time of registration)
  • Car show entry with awards voted on by attendees. There will be divisions including the 10th gen Honda Civic sedan, coupe, hatchback, and Type R. There will also be a division for the coolest "party crasher", eligible to attendees that bring a vehicle other than a 10th gen Civic.
  • Door prize entry
  • Maps, etc
This is only possible thanks to the support we have had from our event sponsors. Please show your gratitude to all of our event sponsors!

Our tentative schedule is as follows:
  • Friday
    • Attendees arrive. Hang out, get to know each other. Explore area roads, have fun. We have reserved the game room at Fontana Village on Friday night for a pool and or ping pong tournament.
  • Saturday
    • Saturday morning we will depart for our main group drive through the Tail of the Dragon and then over the Cherohala Skyway. We will eat lunch at an excellent local pizza restaurant and then loop back to Fontana Village.
    • Saturday afternoon we will host our own car show at Fontana Village. While bystanders may show up, the purpose of this is for all of us to show off our tenth gens and then vote on our favorites. Trophies will be awarded at our catered meal later that evening.
    • Saturday night will be our catered meal (backyard BBQ buffet) at Fontana Village. Car show awards and door prizes will be given out.
  • Sunday
    • Breakfast together on site at one of Fontana Village's restaurants. Enjoy area roads for as long as you have time for and then depart for home.
Did someone say door prizes?
  • We have an incredible assortment of door prizes! Thanks to our sponsors, we have multiple Ktuner V2 units, Hondata Flashpro Units, a Cobra intake from PRL, multiple downpipes from RV6, parts from PRO Civic, parts from Acuity, and a gift certificate from Performance Brakes LTD.
  • Everyone that signs up will be issued tickets for door prizes. Opportunities for additional entries will be available, such as winning an award at the car show, winning the pool or ping pong tournament, or purchasing them. (Funds will be used cover event expenses)
  • Our first 10 registered attendees (excluding Gavin and myself) will be awarded additional door prize tickets!
Toys for Tots
  • We'd like to take this opportunity to do something for others while we are out having a fun weekend ourselves. We are encouraging all attendees to bring an item to donate to Toys for Tots. This of course is not required, but we will offer additional door prize tickets for those that do!
Room Reservations
  • Lodging expenses at the Fontana Village Resort will be the responsibility of the attendees but we have negotiated a special price for the weekend.
  • The price is $113 per night for a room with two queen beds. To receive this special rate please call 800-849-2258 and reference "Civic Owner's Group". We have reserved a limited number of rooms and this rate is good for a limited time only! Once those are gone it will be first come, first serve for remaining rooms at the resort.
  • In addition to "traditional" hotel style rooms they also have various cabins available on the property that can be rented, if desired.
Sign-up Information
  • Registration fees can be paid via PayPal using the below link. Anyone that wants to attend our catered meal and have an opportunity for door prizes needs to register. (spouses, guests, ect)
  • Please include your CivicX username in the payment notes.
  • The link defaults to a single $35 payment for one spot, but if you need to pay for more than one person you can adjust it to $70, etc.
  • Registration Link: www.paypal.me/wakethedragoncivicx/35
  • Once your payment is received we will add you to the list of those that have registered, as shown below.
Registered Attendees
  1. 360glitch
  2. CTR_Gavin
  3. CTR_Gavin's Guest
  4. G-Squared (Wes)
  5. Fanoflive
  6. Fanoflive's Guest
  7. Matt Noke
  8. Matt Noke's Guest
  9. Spencer from @PRL Motorsports
  10. Chad from @PRL Motorsports
  11. Joseph lp
  12. Cyoda
  13. Teng V
  14. Teng V's Guest
  15. Zain27
  16. Hellojake
  17. Hellojake's Guest
  18. Fuji Imports
  19. Fuji Imports' Guest
  20. Medic68tay
  21. Medic68tay’s Guest
  22. Penguinsgestapo
  23. Dhammika D
  24. Taylor D
  25. Kasey J
  26. Joshua C
  27. Hector W
  28. Lume80
  29. Lume80's Guest
  30. ElusiveAura
  31. Spesh77
  32. Spesh77's Guest
  33. Anthony B
  34. Anthony B Guest
  35. Taiso0019
  36. Taiso0019 Guest
  37. Theo426
  38. Brandon W
  39. Kalnet
  40. Kalnet's Guest
  41. Grant S
  42. Evan S
  43. xjoshuax89
  44. Type Rocket
  45. Type Rocket Guest
  46. Foxxdie
  47. Whitemare
  48. Whitemare Guest
  49. Vinsmoke
  50. Vinsmoke Guest
  51. Eric B
  52. Frank S
  53. Michael W
  54. Chris P
  55. Betty S
  56. Browncoat3000
  57. NotatypeR
  58. 10Gcivicgirl
  59. RatedR
  60. cdsharp5
  61. Jazzek
  62. Jazzek's Guest
  63. SiTurtl
  64. Melachz
  65. JJAY8175
  66. Gruber
  67. Gruber Guest
  68. Scatty_Patty
  69. bbdave
  70. bbdave Guest
  71. DevilDoc8542
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks to all of those that have registered so far!

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am really looking forward to meet. I have never been a part of a car club or enthusiast group. I am excited to meet everyone and see these beautiful cars in person. Hope I can win some goodies for my Civic. I have never been to the Dragon, and I am really excited to drive it. I have reserved my room and registered with CivicX.com. When this idea first started it seemed so far off, now it is approaching FAST!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!

Matt Noke

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I too am excited for the meet. I also have never experienced the Tail of the Dragon. Can't wait for time off work and to meet new people that share the same passion.

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am excited to say that it is time to start registration for our first annual CivicX.com Wake the Dragon meet at the Tail of the Dragon. @CTR_Gavin and I have been working on this for quite some time.

Dates: March 30 - April 1 2018 (Friday - Sunday)
Host: Fontana Village Resort in Fontana Dam, NC (http://www.fontanavillage.com/)
Registration Cost: $30.00
Registration Deadline: March 8 2018 (required by our event caterer)
Event Sponsors: @KTuner, @procivic, @ACUITY, @RV6, @PRL Motorsports, and @Performance Brakes LTD . The CivicX.com administration has also made a supporting donation.

What does your $30 cover?
  • A catered meal Saturday night. It will be a "Backyard BBQ" themed buffet, featuring smoked pulled pork, smoked chicken, dry rub turkey breast, pork ribs, beef brisket, bratwurst, and bone-in chicken.
  • Event T-shirt
  • Car show entry with awards voted on by attendees. There will be divisions including the 10th gen Honda Civic sedan, coupe, hatchback, and Type R. There will also be a division for the coolest "party crasher", eligible to attendees that bring a vehicle other than a 10th gen Civic.
  • Door prize entry
  • Maps, etc
I am surprised to be able to offer so much for only $30. This is only possible thanks to the support we have had from our event sponsors. Please show your gratitude to all of our event sponsors!

Our tentative schedule is as follows:
  • Friday
    • Attendees arrive. Hang out, get to know each other. Explore area roads, have fun. We have reserved the game room at Fontana Village on Friday night for a pool and or ping pong tournament.
  • Saturday
    • Saturday morning we will depart for our main group drive through the Tail of the Dragon and then over the Cherohala Skyway. We will eat lunch at an excellent local pizza restaurant and then loop back to Fontana Village.
    • Saturday afternoon we will host our own car show at Fontana Village. While bystanders may show up, the purpose of this is for all of us to show off our tenth gens and then vote on our favorites. Trophies will be awarded at our catered meal later that evening.
    • Saturday night will be our catered meal (backyard BBQ buffet) at Fontana Village. Car show awards and door prizes will be given out.
  • Sunday
    • Breakfast together on site at one of Fontana Village's restaurants. Enjoy area roads for as long as you have time for and then depart for home.
Did someone say door prizes?
  • We have an incredible assortment of door prizes! Thanks to our sponsors, we have multiple Ktuner V2 units, a Cobra intake from PRL, multiple downpipes from RV6, parts from PRO Civic, parts from Acuity, and a gift certificate from Performance Brakes LTD.
  • Everyone that signs up will be issued tickets for door prizes. Opportunities for additional entries will be available, such as winning an award at the car show, winning the pool or ping pong tournament, or purchasing them. (Funds will be used cover event expenses)
  • Our first 10 registered attendees (excluding Gavin and myself) will be awarded additional door prize tickets!
Toys for Tots
  • We'd like to take this opportunity to do something for others while we are out having a fun weekend ourselves. We are encouraging all attendees to bring an item to donate to Toys for Tots. This of course is not required, but we will offer additional door prize tickets for those that do!
Room Reservations
  • Lodging expenses at the Fontana Village Resort will be the responsibility of the attendees but we have negotiated a special price for the weekend.
  • The price is $113 per night for a room with two queen beds. To receive this special rate please call 800-849-2258 and reference "Civic Owner's Group". We have reserved a limited number of rooms and this rate is good through February 1st! Once those are gone it will be first come, first serve for remaining rooms at the resort.
  • In addition to "traditional" hotel style rooms they also have various cabins available on the property that can be rented, if desired.
Sign-up Information
  • Registration fees can be paid via PayPal using the below link. Anyone that wants to attend our catered meal needs to register. (spouses, guests, ect)
  • Please include t-shirt size(s) and your CivicX username in the payment notes.
  • The link defaults to a single $30 registration but if you need to pay for more than one person you can adjust it to $60, etc.
  • Registration Link: www.paypal.me/wakethedragoncivicx/30
  • Once your payment is received we will add you to the list of those that have registered, as shown below.
Registered Attendees
  1. 360glitch
  2. CTR_Gavin
  3. CTR_Gavin's Guest
  4. G-Squared
  5. Fanoflive
  6. Fanoflive's Guest
  7. Matt Noke
  8. Matt Noke's Guest
  9. Spencer from @PRL Motorsports
  10. Chad from @PRL Motorsports
@360glitch Hey do you have an idea of what some of the Door Prizes are??? I want to get some more upgrades to my Civic, but I don't want to buy it if I CAN WIN IT!!!

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@360glitch Hey do you have an idea of what some of the Door Prizes are??? I want to get some more upgrades to my Civic, but I don't want to buy it if I CAN WIN IT!!!
Here are the door prize details that I can currently share:

We have an incredible assortment of door prizes! Thanks to our sponsors, we have multiple Ktuner V2 units, a Cobra intake from PRL, multiple downpipes from RV6, parts from PRO Civic, parts from Acuity, and a gift certificate from Performance Brakes LTD.
Good luck! :drive:

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For any of those that are planning on registering but have not yet, the sooner the better. This gives us time to make sure we the right number and sizes of shirts, etc. Hope to see a lot of you there!

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bump!

Cyoda

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2019 Tundra CrewMax
Country flag
Just registered! Can’t wait to get back to the Dragon..
Oops... forgot the T-shirt size note. XL please.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.