Wake the Dragon 2018 presented by Hondata (Tail of the Dragon Meet) - Late Reg through March 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lume80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord sport
Country flag
To the admins...was wondering if I'm able to make some custom slap decals specfcially to commemorate the event and have them available to sell while we are attending....I'm signing myself and my wife to attend and have already booked our room at the resort... Midwest Honda enthusiasts club is coming all the way from Iowa!!! We wanted to make a limited run on slaps for this event... Thanks guys!!! @360glitch
Sponsored

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To the admins...was wondering if I'm able to make some custom slap decals specfcially to commemorate the event and have them available to sell while we are attending....I'm signing myself and my wife to attend and have already booked our room at the resort... Midwest Honda enthusiasts club is coming all the way from Iowa!!! We wanted to make a limited run on slaps for this event... Thanks guys!!! @360glitch
PM me and we will see what we can work out.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

zain27

z27
First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2008 Honda Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am excited to say that it is time to start registration for our first annual CivicX.com Wake the Dragon meet at the Tail of the Dragon. @CTR_Gavin and I have been working on this for quite some time.

Dates: March 30 - April 1 2018 (Friday - Sunday)
Host: Fontana Village Resort in Fontana Dam, NC (http://www.fontanavillage.com/)
Registration Cost: $30.00
Registration Deadline: March 8 2018 (required by our event caterer)
Event Sponsors: @KTuner, @procivic, @ACUITY, @RV6, @PRL Motorsports, and @Performance Brakes LTD . The CivicX.com administration has also made a supporting donation.

What does your $30 cover?
  • A catered meal Saturday night. It will be a "Backyard BBQ" themed buffet, featuring smoked pulled pork, smoked chicken, dry rub turkey breast, pork ribs, beef brisket, bratwurst, and bone-in chicken.
  • Event T-shirt
  • Car show entry with awards voted on by attendees. There will be divisions including the 10th gen Honda Civic sedan, coupe, hatchback, and Type R. There will also be a division for the coolest "party crasher", eligible to attendees that bring a vehicle other than a 10th gen Civic.
  • Door prize entry
  • Maps, etc
I am surprised to be able to offer so much for only $30. This is only possible thanks to the support we have had from our event sponsors. Please show your gratitude to all of our event sponsors!

Our tentative schedule is as follows:
  • Friday
    • Attendees arrive. Hang out, get to know each other. Explore area roads, have fun. We have reserved the game room at Fontana Village on Friday night for a pool and or ping pong tournament.
  • Saturday
    • Saturday morning we will depart for our main group drive through the Tail of the Dragon and then over the Cherohala Skyway. We will eat lunch at an excellent local pizza restaurant and then loop back to Fontana Village.
    • Saturday afternoon we will host our own car show at Fontana Village. While bystanders may show up, the purpose of this is for all of us to show off our tenth gens and then vote on our favorites. Trophies will be awarded at our catered meal later that evening.
    • Saturday night will be our catered meal (backyard BBQ buffet) at Fontana Village. Car show awards and door prizes will be given out.
  • Sunday
    • Breakfast together on site at one of Fontana Village's restaurants. Enjoy area roads for as long as you have time for and then depart for home.
Did someone say door prizes?
  • We have an incredible assortment of door prizes! Thanks to our sponsors, we have multiple Ktuner V2 units, a Cobra intake from PRL, multiple downpipes from RV6, parts from PRO Civic, parts from Acuity, and a gift certificate from Performance Brakes LTD.
  • Everyone that signs up will be issued tickets for door prizes. Opportunities for additional entries will be available, such as winning an award at the car show, winning the pool or ping pong tournament, or purchasing them. (Funds will be used cover event expenses)
  • Our first 10 registered attendees (excluding Gavin and myself) will be awarded additional door prize tickets!
Toys for Tots
  • We'd like to take this opportunity to do something for others while we are out having a fun weekend ourselves. We are encouraging all attendees to bring an item to donate to Toys for Tots. This of course is not required, but we will offer additional door prize tickets for those that do!
Room Reservations
  • Lodging expenses at the Fontana Village Resort will be the responsibility of the attendees but we have negotiated a special price for the weekend.
  • The price is $113 per night for a room with two queen beds. To receive this special rate please call 800-849-2258 and reference "Civic Owner's Group". We have reserved a limited number of rooms and this rate is good through February 1st! Once those are gone it will be first come, first serve for remaining rooms at the resort.
  • In addition to "traditional" hotel style rooms they also have various cabins available on the property that can be rented, if desired.
Sign-up Information
  • Registration fees can be paid via PayPal using the below link. Anyone that wants to attend our catered meal needs to register. (spouses, guests, ect)
  • Please include t-shirt size(s) and your CivicX username in the payment notes.
  • The link defaults to a single $30 registration but if you need to pay for more than one person you can adjust it to $60, etc.
  • Registration Link: www.paypal.me/wakethedragoncivicx/30
  • Once your payment is received we will add you to the list of those that have registered, as shown below.
Registered Attendees
  1. 360glitch
  2. CTR_Gavin
  3. CTR_Gavin's Guest
  4. G-Squared
  5. Fanoflive
  6. Fanoflive's Guest
  7. Matt Noke
  8. Matt Noke's Guest
  9. Spencer from @PRL Motorsports
  10. Chad from @PRL Motorsports
  11. Joseph lp
  12. Cyoda
  13. Teng V
  14. Teng V's Guest
I am definitely attending this !
Registered !
Forgot to add my T-shirt size, it's XL
is there anyone close to Fairfax, VA who would like to do the drive down to the dragon together?

Last edited:

FearTheH

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
I am definitely attending this !
Registered !
Forgot to add my T-shirt size, it's XL
is there anyone close to Fairfax, VA who would like to do the drive down to the dragon together?
If I end up going and you come near Roanoke, I'll roll with you @Matt Noke is also in Roanoke. We could roll in deep.

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If I end up going and you come near Roanoke, I'll roll with you @Matt Noke is also in Roanoke. We could roll in deep.
There are at least three of us coming up from the Jackson, MS area together. I'm hoping to rope in some more locals between now and then.

zain27

z27
First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2008 Honda Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awesome ! that sounds great ! I am most definitely going for this, do let me know what you plan is closer to the date !

Last edited:

KnoxTn17Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si sedan
Country flag
Can' wait for this. Group of us locals to the dragon are meeting up Friday morning for breakfast and rolling out that way. If any other groups are coming thru early Friday, hit me up and we can pick a spot and ride up together .

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've seen a lot more people say they are coming than have actually registered. Please know that early registration is very helpful for our planning purposes. If you are for sure coming, please register sooner than later. Thanks!

Lume80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord sport
Country flag
I've seen a lot more people say they are coming than have actually registered. Please know that early registration is very helpful for our planning purposes. If you are for sure coming, please register sooner than later. Thanks!
I will be registering myself and a plus one sometime towards the middle of February when I get a head count of our club coming...one of our guys has officially signed up Tieng Xiong and a plus one... Thanks!!!

KnoxTn17Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si sedan
Country flag
Is the registration fee mainly if your gonna be there Saturday for the food, shirts and door prizes? I don't mind paying for a shirt and be able to enter for door prizes. Would paying cash once up there be ok?

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Trying to talk the wife into this!
Just make it a stop along the way to another place for her. That's how I got mine to let me go, as well as her to go with.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.