Wake the Dragon 2018 presented by Hondata (Tail of the Dragon Meet) - Late Reg through March 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If anyone has the cable and software to program two way radios, please bring them. Many are going to need help programming. Thanks
I bought a set with cable and I have downloaded chirp however I haven't had a chance to mess with it. So I don't know how to program them. I will have everything with me.
Sponsored

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
128 miles in. 438 to go!

RatedR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Integra GS-R (sold). 2000 Integra Type R (sold). 2017 Civic Type R.
Country flag
Looking forward to meeting everyone and driving these roads. Heading up from Atlanta later today. The Honda dealer I work at chipped in with some pretty cool gear to be added to the raffle/giveaways.

Honda Civic 10th gen Wake the Dragon 2018 presented by Hondata (Tail of the Dragon Meet) - Late Reg through March 25 4AE8A969-8B88-4922-88AB-611769CE8DFA

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is there anyone in a white coupe coming from Ohio? Saw it about 2 hrs back.

taiso0019

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR | 2022 Veloster N | 2015 TuRD PRO
Country flag
We will start at Fontana Dam (location for group photos), follow the arrows to Vonore, TN where we will have lunch at Pizza Venti, down to the Cherohala Welcome Center to regroup, and then across the Cherohala and back to Fontana Village for our “car show” on the ball field.
Looking forward to the group pic! So to clarify will it be at the Fontana Inn near Fontana Dam? Or at the Dam itself?

b18c5crx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic type R, 2006 RSX-S, 2000 Integra R, 96 Civic HB, 86 CRX si
Country flag
Finally on my way south. Should be there around 1030.

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The ping pong tournament has started! Round 1 runs through 8 PM. Winners advance to Round 2. The final winner gets an extra raffle ticket!

10Gcivicgirl

First Name
Deanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Friday (Day 1)
Attendees will be arriving throughout the day. If you arrive early, please feel free to explore the area. There is a lot to see and many different roads to enjoy.

4:00 PM: You may check into the resort.
4:30 PM: We will start event check-in, in the game room. This is where you will receive your event t-shirt and any other items that need distributing. We have the game room reserved through 11:00 PM.

The pool and ping pong tables are (unsurprisingly) located within the game room. After check-in, feel free to play in the game room, just hang out, go drive, explore the resort, or anything you’d like.

Saturday (Day 2)
9:30 AM: Group Photo at Fontana Dam - We are bringing in one of the areas most famous professional photographers for this. Being on time is very important. If you arrive late, please do not expect us to wait for you. We have a busy day ahead.

Immediately following the Photo Session: We will leave from Fontana Dam on our main group cruise. We will drive through the Dragon, over the Cherohala Skyway, and have lunch at Pizza Venti, a local restaurant in Vonore, TN. We will then head back to Fontana Village for our “Car Show”

2:00 PM: We will begin gathering our cars on the ball field for our “Car Show”. This is not a “formal” car show, more so an opportunity for everyone to bring all their cars to one place for everyone to check out. Keep an eye out for your favorites, as you will have an opportunity to vote on award winners for each division at our “banquet” later in the evening. Divisions will include: Coupe, Sedan, Hatchback (non-R), Type R, and Party Crasher (registered attendees that brought a vehicle other than a tenth gen Civic). We have the field reserved through 5:00 PM.

In between the car show and our banquet, you are welcome to explore the area on your own (or in groups)

7:30 PM: At this time our catered meal will be served. We are going to be in the “Carolina Room” at Fontana Village. Look forward to a BBQ style buffet and door prizes! Toys for Tots donations will be collected at this time.

Immediately following the banquet: Free time / NIGHT RUNS on the dragon. You run these at YOUR OWN RISK. DO NOT run the dragon at night if you do not feel comfortable. Plenty of people will be around to hang out with and relax the entire night. The main benefit of night runs is the significantly reduced amount of traffic.

Sunday (Day 3)
Free Day: This is day will allow for small group runs in the area until you need to leave. The dragon is high on the list but there are other great roads in the area.
I wasn’t able to make it Friday, but I’m coming all day Saturday. Can I still get my shirt at the resort?

penguinsgestapo

Wakes the Dragon Organizer
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MK7 GTI Big Turbo || 1997 Mitsubishi GS-T Spyder
I wasn’t able to make it Friday, but I’m coming all day Saturday. Can I still get my shirt at the resort?
Yes we still have every bodies shirt but you will probably get it at the dinner tonight along with some other swag.

Status
Not open for further replies.