Waiting list

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
I'm getting a white one from Huggins Honda in November for MSRP plus $1,800 in accessories. Other than Classic Honda (heard they sold their one and only for $33,000), Huggins is the best deal in the area. Everybody else was asking at least $5,000 over.
Huggins is one of the dealers I’m checking tomorrow :) By Classic Honda, do you mean the dealership in Denison?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Si
This was Baierl Honda in Wexford.
They seem like a decent dealership to deal with as they offered MSRP right off the bat. It was between them and the dealership I went with. It just happened that I could put a deposit on the color I wanted at MSRP at my dealership vs. wait in line at Baierl(and pass on cars) until I got the color I wanted.

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
Well, I caved like a horny teenager on prom night and took the deal for the red CTR I mentioned a few posts up :confused::D I didn’t want the useless all weather mats and cargo tray (what for in snow-low Texas) and the dealership let me sub in the wireless Qi charger (have to install myself tho) and cargo net. Still had to buy the tint and wheels locks. Thanks for your help, asiandeity, you were right on all accounts including all the excessive markups and Huggins having a deposit-paid wait list 18 (!) deep. Classic would have done MSRP but they sold their only allocation to a local and had 5 other locals on standby.

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, I caved like a horny teenager on prom night and took the deal for the red CTR I mentioned a few posts up :confused::D I didn’t want the useless all weather mats and cargo tray (what for in snow-low Texas) and the dealership let me sub in the wireless Qi charger (have to install myself tho) and cargo net. Still had to buy the tint and wheels locks. Thanks for your help, asiandeity, you were right on all accounts including all the excessive markups and Huggins having a deposit-paid wait list 18 (!) deep. Classic would have done MSRP but they sold their only allocation to a local and had 5 other locals on standby.
That's not too bad of a deal. Mine will probably come out as few hundred less, but it's a more popular color.

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
It seems like the rarest is Polished Metal as I've only seen a handful of those posted online. I thought the red might have been too red what with seats, badging and striping being also red but it didn't look too bad in the Youtube video reviews I watched.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
It seems like the rarest is Polished Metal as I've only seen a handful of those posted online. I thought the red might have been too red what with seats, badging and striping being also red but it didn't look too bad in the Youtube video reviews I watched.
It'll make a good Fire department lead car!

OP
OP

sml2727

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Im just going to wait for the 2018's, winter is coming and my Tacoma will be ideal this winter,plus it gives me time to save some money. Im just hoping that honda does not raise the price of the car for '18

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
Im just going to wait for the 2018's, winter is coming and my Tacoma will be ideal this winter,plus it gives me time to save some money. Im just hoping that honda does not raise the price of the car for '18
I signed a purchase order for $34775 on a 2018 model.

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
When is the dealer telling you that the first wave of 2018s are supposed to arrive?
I am not first in line (3rd actually). I was told it could be one year for me since it is a smaller volume store. Even if the MY18 MSRP is more, dont they have to honor a signed PO for $34775? Signed by the sales manager and myself.

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
I am not first in line (3rd actually). I was told it could be one year for me since it is a smaller volume store. Even if the MY18 MSRP is more, dont they have to honor a signed PO for $34775? Signed by the sales manager and myself.
EDIT: Ignore my earlier reply. I was totally wrong! Yes, they do have to honor it.

From an actual attorney:
Enjoy your new Camaro. :) Unless the contract/agreement you made had some clause that allowed the escape the dealer is talking about, if you have an offer, an acceptance and "consideration" (the MSRP price) the deal is done. Moreso, you have a specific Camaro built for you - that Camaro is yours and he has your deposit. A "unilateral" mistake is not a defense to a contract, only mutual mistake - and I'm not even sure I'd call this a mistake. Unless the dealer can point to something certain, tell him that you want your Camaro or he'll never sell another car in the area... I'm jealous. :p Good luck and read over your agreement... enjoy!
https://www.thelaw.com/threads/car-dealer-backing-out-of-a-contract.34330/
Sponsored