Wait for the 2017 Civic Coupe SI or buy a 2017 Hatchback Sport?

9xArtanisx9

inactive account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I currently own a 2014 Civic sedan lx and I wanted an upgrade soon. Anyone know if it is worth waiting for the 2017 Civic SI or just purchase the Hatch Sport? I was really worried about the insurance on the Si Coupe so I was thinking of the Hatch. Thanks!
Sponsored

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Call your insurance company and ask the difference. I was surprised no discount for Sensing type safety features, but Mass sucks for insurance.

OP
OP
9xArtanisx9

9xArtanisx9

inactive account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Call your insurance company and ask the difference. I was surprised no discount for Sensing type safety features, but Mass sucks for insurance.
Okay thanks. I was just curious about that.

Negan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Batmobile
Wait for what you truly want so you don't have to buy a car in two years again.

OP
OP
9xArtanisx9

9xArtanisx9

inactive account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wait for what you truly want so you don't have to buy a car in two years again.
Ehh I am feeling more towards the Hatch. I think the SI would be more fun but the manual transmission is the issue. I have no issues driving it just my family can't. They use my car quite often so I am leaning on the hatch.... If i buy the hatch, 95% chance i won't switch for a while.

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Ehh I am feeling more towards the Hatch. I think the SI would be more fun but the manual transmission is the issue. I have no issues driving it just my family can't. They use my car quite often so I am leaning on the hatch.... If i buy the hatch, 95% chance i won't switch for a while.
I'm also trading my 2014 LX Coupe, most likely for a manual Sport hatch. I have a little experience driving manual, but have never owned one. My wife can't drive manual, and doesn't want me to get one, but I plan to teach her. I considered an Si also, but really only want it if it'll come in hatch form. I don't have kids yet, but I plan to keep the hatch for a while, and think the hatch will be better for space.

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic HB Sport Touring
Country flag
I think unless you need something right away, just wait a few more weeks for the Si announcement and then we'll have some more info

OP
OP
9xArtanisx9

9xArtanisx9

inactive account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm also trading my 2014 LX Coupe, most likely for a manual Sport hatch. I have a little experience driving manual, but have never owned one. My wife can't drive manual, and doesn't want me to get one, but I plan to teach her. I considered an Si also, but really only want it if it'll come in hatch form. I don't have kids yet, but I plan to keep the hatch for a while, and think the hatch will be better for space.
Yea I am kinda in the same situation as you are except yea, my family can't drive manual. I love the hatchback as well.

OP
OP
9xArtanisx9

9xArtanisx9

inactive account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think unless you need something right away, just wait a few more weeks for the Si announcement and then we'll have some more info
yea I will see what the news is and decide then.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would love if we can wait for the Si but my Sport Touring is already over my budget.

If the Si works for you then wait.

FYI surprisingly the Civic will be cheaper than my 2015 Nissan Murano SL AWD.

OP
OP
9xArtanisx9

9xArtanisx9

inactive account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would love if we can wait for the Si but my Sport Touring is already over my budget.

If the Si works for you then wait.

FYI surprisingly the Civic will be cheaper than my 2015 Nissan Murano SL AWD.
I most likely won't be able to get a sport touring. I will go with the Sport. I know the si is a better car but the transmission is the only thing stopping me.
Sponsored