W1 turbo dyno

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
How much boost are you at, that is some very impressive numbers out of a W1. We generally see them between 310-340.
Are these numbers considered "safe" on stock internals? Or do you find customers are building out their motors with those kind of mods?

OP
OP
EkSean

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are these numbers considered "safe" on stock internals? Or do you find customers are building out their motors with those kind of mods?
Im sure they’re not safe if you beat on it constantly at those numbers. My normal mode that I will be in 90% of the time made 281/288 around 20-22psi.

Also, I think most of it is the early peak toque that the internals don’t like. My torque is fairly low and the curve isn’t crazy compared to some. I could be wrong though.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Im sure they’re not safe if you beat on it constantly at those numbers. My normal mode that I will be in 90% of the time made 281/288 around 20-22psi.

Also, I think most of it is the early peak toque that the internals don’t like. My torque is fairly low and the curve isn’t crazy compared to some. I could be wrong though.
Thanks for the info. I'm slowly convincing myself to get a W1 lol. I'm a conservative driver almost all of the time, just like to open it up on empty roads.

OP
OP
EkSean

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the info. I'm slowly convincing myself to get a W1 lol. I'm a conservative driver almost all of the time, just like to open it up on empty roads.
I would get it. It took me a while to pull the trigger and I’m glad I did. Having DRob etune it also gave me some piece of mind. You can always have normal mode turned way down for reliability and longevity.

Oh and I still average 36-38mpg on the highway on 30-35% ethanol.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I would get it. It took me a while to pull the trigger and I’m glad I did. Having DRob etune it also gave me some piece of mind. You can always have normal mode turned way down for reliability and longevity.

Oh and I still average 36-38mpg on the highway on 30-35% ethanol.
You're selling me man lol. I think im gonna wait until 27WON releases their Race MAF and get both at the same time. Once my FMIC and TIP are on, I can just tune once for the turbo/race maf?

OP
OP
EkSean

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You're selling me man lol. I think im gonna wait until 27WON releases their Race MAF and get both at the same time. Once my FMIC and TIP are on, I can just tune once for the turbo/race maf?
He had me list what I had done and fuel I’m running. It took about 9 revisions before he was happy with it. He also said with what he’s personally seen, I won’t need a retune with the TIP.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
He had me list what I had done and fuel I’m running. It took about 9 revisions before he was happy with it. He also said with what he’s personally seen, I won’t need a retune with the TIP.
Thats awesome. I'd consider the flex fuel kit but it's almost impossible to find E85 here and mixing my own ethanol fuel just seems like a pain lol

Shadowfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport manual
Country flag
Are you going to send him a data log with the TIP?

That's great news if it's true that you won't need a retune. I was holding off on buying the TIP because I didn't want to spend $400 on a retune.

OP
OP
EkSean

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you going to send him a data log with the TIP?

That's great news if it's true that you won't need a retune. I was holding off on buying the TIP because I didn't want to spend $400 on a retune.
I asked on price for a retune after I install the TIP and he said it won’t be necessary. There’s not a whole lot of recalibration needed.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Feed back from people who had their w1 blown
27WON recommends about 27 PSI of boost so that doesn't seem ridiculous to me? Vincent himself has been in this thread and didn't say anything about that