JasonSmallz

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey guys. I’m currently running tsp stage 1 w/race maf PRL cobra intake and a rv6 catted downpipe. My stock clutch slips in 5th & 6th and after reviewing the powerband of the stock turbo and comparing it to the 27won turbo, I can’t help but think that the 27won turbo MAY be a lot safer because of the power band. I mean think about...torque is 90% of the reason people have been blowing up L15b7s, and the peak torque being so low in the rev range is a MAJOR factor as to why our clutches slip in 5th and 6th. Let me know if you think I’m right... also it is important note the 27won turbo doesn’t make much more peak torque than the stock turbo, but makes 40-50whp more. I believe keeping the torque around 300ftlbs is the safest for a stock block...
Sponsored

CivicOops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
If the W1 and the stock turbo were tuned to similar peak torque levels, then yes the W1 should be safer on your engine. I can't say for 100% certain because it partly just depends on how you drive your car.

But as soon as you start adding big power to these engines it seems the rods are the 1st thing to fail. Moving torque higher in the rev range is much easier on the rods.
Sponsored