VW buybacker ready to move to Honda '17 hatchback..front bumper protection?

Ceezdup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX,
Just a few short weeks away from giving back my Jetta. Looking at the hatchback sport in sonic pearl.. Seen it in person and really dig the color.

Just want to get a head start on my options to protect the front bumper from highway debris? I drive 88 hwy miles thats under construction for the next 6-8 years. Flying debris everywhere..

Wondering if I should got the bra route? Anyone know of a good ones out there that will fit a 17?
Sponsored

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Just a few short weeks away from giving back my Jetta. Looking at the hatchback sport in sonic pearl.. Seen it in person and really dig the color.

Just want to get a head start on my options to protect the front bumper from highway debris? I drive 88 hwy miles thats under construction for the next 6-8 years. Flying debris everywhere..

Wondering if I should got the bra route? Anyone know of a good ones out there that will fit a 17?
Watching this... Dont want a bra.. But a clearbra or some sort of vynil application that i can do myself

Sman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 EX Hatch w/ Sensing

Thanks for reminding me to remove my tdi from my car list here.........2010 tdi is gone...its gonna be nice getting similar mpgs and paying less at the pump

OP
OP
Ceezdup

Ceezdup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX,
get it wrapped or plastic dip it
I've never wrapped or used plastic dip before. Wondering how durable those are to wash every week or so because during the evenings I drive through a lake area that is swarming with muthfakin flying everythings and the next morning my front bumper looks like a picasso painting with the amount of shit on it...

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
I've never wrapped or used plastic dip before. Wondering how durable those are to wash every week or so because during the evenings I drive through a lake area that is swarming with muthfakin flying everythings and the next morning my front bumper looks like a picasso painting with the amount of shit on it...
get it professionally done or look up youtube videos

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
get it professionally done or look up youtube videos
Yeah but then he must hand wash all the time. I did X-Pel Ultimate on my 2016 Civic Touring as well as my wife's brand new 2017 Hybrid Touring. I did the whole hood and full fenders A pillars. Full rockers and sills door cups and gas cap and trunk Bay Area. It's around $1900 for all that. Plus they do my headlights and full bumper all laser cut btw. Awesome. But if your particular about your paint I should not have to tell you how bad car washes are for your paint and plastics and headlights. Because your stuck doing it by hand and no polishers at all. All done by hand. No carnauba wax either. A good polymer sealant (I use Menzerna).

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
I'm thinking the bumper cover is the least of your problems. Hood, lights, fogs, mirrors, and, especially, the windshield seem to be at higher risk and more damage prone.
Sponsored