First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For anyone who is interested in the Super GT style tint here are some photos.
I used VViViD Air Tint Golden Yellow Headlight/Tail Light Window Tint (17.9" x 48" Large roll). Price $14.99.
Fogs are lamin-x.

Used a hairdryer and a credit card for install as this tint is not a wet install.
DEFINITELY recommend having a professional do it but if you are into saving money and okay with minimal blemishes
go for it.

Iv done it with and wthout the bumper. A lot easier without the bumper (go figure) lol
Will help a ton if you have a buddy there to hold the film while you use the hairdryer to heat the tint. This will make it more clean around our Si's buldges and create less wrinkles/bubbles.
Have to be patient and take your time. I recommend trying it out a couple times and watching videos before actually attempting. Good luck!

Honda Civic 10th gen VViViD Yellow Headlight Tint Install no bumper

Honda Civic 10th gen VViViD Yellow Headlight Tint Install done

Honda Civic 10th gen VViViD Yellow Headlight Tint Install close u

b4gel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si sedan
Country flag
Job well done. I'd like to put some clear vinyl over mine for UV protection, but have been scared away by the few ridges and bulges. Had a hard enough time with previous cars that only had a slight curvature.

OP
OP
Yonder

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Job well done. I'd like to put some clear vinyl over mine for UV protection, but have been scared away by the few ridges and bulges. Had a hard enough time with previous cars that only had a slight curvature.
It is 100% a pain to do it alone and quite frankly i couldnt even find a video of someone doing a light this difficult lol i do like the idea that the headlight is now going to have less road rash though.

OP
OP
Yonder

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks cool but is that legal?
I thought the same before purchasing and did some research... This was all i could find.

"Section 25950 of the California Vehicle Code states: “Unless provided otherwise, the color of lamps and reflectors upon a vehicle shall be white or yellow for those visible from in front of a vehicle.” ... “The lamp lens must be yellow or clear."

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?lawCode=VEH&sectionNum=25950

From what i gathered, running yellow is probably the only one you can get away with. When the lights are on, you can clearly distinct turn signal and headlight color. I think that matters most but only time will tell i guess lol

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hmm..well that’s cool. Surprised more don’t do it out there.

JD9

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For anyone who is interested in the Super GT style tint here are some photos.
I used VViViD Air Tint Golden Yellow Headlight/Tail Light Window Tint (17.9" x 48" Large roll). Price $14.99.
Fogs are lamin-x.

Used a hairdryer and a credit card for install as this tint is not a wet install.
DEFINITELY recommend having a professional do it but if you are into saving money and okay with minimal blemishes
go for it.

Iv done it with and wthout the bumper. A lot easier without the bumper (go figure) lol
Will help a ton if you have a buddy there to hold the film while you use the hairdryer to heat the tint. This will make it more clean around our Si's buldges and create less wrinkles/bubbles.
Have to be patient and take your time. I recommend trying it out a couple times and watching videos before actually attempting. Good luck!

no bumper.jpg

done.jpg

close up.jpg
Looks great! What did you use to cut the tint in the right shape of the headlights?

OP
OP
Yonder

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks great! What did you use to cut the tint in the right shape of the headlights?
haha wow just realized i never mentioned it lol i used an exacto knife for better precision and minimal effort to slice through the tint.

Reactions: JD9