Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Very interesting. I'll be following, hopefully when you get the mule for testing you could get IMW/DRob to show his results also tuning with the turbo since he is one of the most trusted and common tuner people in this community look towards for results.
Sponsored

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SGP Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Nice to know that other hybrid turbo makers that were popular with the turbo BMW community along with Pure Turbos are now entering the turbo Honda platform

dellyjoughnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, '19 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Question nobody is asking here.

Is 0W-20 okay for longevity with this modification? It's known MHI has a different oil spec with upgraded turbos on this platform.

Beholder84

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
This looks CLEAN. I'm nowhere near ready for 300 HP but that's kind of my longer term goal, while trying to keep my car as streetable as possible. I'll be keeping you guys in mind.

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know the power numbers here (~350hp) speak for itself, but I take it this won't be recommended for people with CVTs? I know the W1 is considered "safe" for the CVT, but 27Won states the W2 isn't recommended due to torque limits. I know with tuning you can scale down the torque/adjust when it ramps up to prevent scoring of the belt, but 350hp/tq is definitely a lot, and is close to W2 power numbers. Just curious.

Regardless I'm excited for more competition in aftermarket Turbo world for our Civics, especially now that 11th gen has released and is the powertrain as the 10th gen. More consumers for businesses to cater/make products for, and more competitive pricing!

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SGP Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
I know the power numbers here (~350hp) speak for itself, but I take it this won't be recommended for people with CVTs? I know the W1 is considered "safe" for the CVT, but 27Won states the W2 isn't recommended due to torque limits. I know with tuning you can scale down the torque/adjust when it ramps up to prevent scoring of the belt, but 350hp/tq is definitely a lot, and is close to W2 power numbers. Just curious.

Regardless I'm excited for more competition in aftermarket Turbo world for our Civics, especially now that 11th gen has released and is the powertrain as the 10th gen. More consumers for businesses to cater/make products for, and more competitive pricing!
Using a W2 on a CVT wouldn't be a problem. Your CVT won't magically blow up because of the W2. The non Si civics still have a lower fuel system threshold as far as power goes (around 300 WHP), if anything a W2 will be safer on the rods and CVT compared to the W1 if they make the same power at the end since the W2 will have more lag and torque shifted to the right side of the power band. The only problem is you will have way more lag as 300 WHP that W2 is probably just chillin'

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Has anyone seen or heard any updates on this? I haven't been able to find anything as far as their testing goes etc.

OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vargasturbo.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI MT Sedan, 2020 A90 Supra, 2021 BMW M3C...
Country flag
Hey guys! Sorry for the disappearing act. We have a ton on our plates right now, but the Civic unit is moving forward. We are working VERY Closely with MAPerformance on this. They sent us all the parts we need to max out the turbo. We have a 2019 SI in-house now, we are just trying to finish our Supra build for a private event this weekend, and we were testing some Golf R stuff, and then we will jump into the SI. We will do a baseline, then start adding parts, and see where we end up. We also have the CTR unit in casting as well. That will come after the SI testing is finished.

We should have something for you guys by Christmas as far as numbers, etc. We are sending MAP a unit for their own in-house testing as well!

Thanks for hanging in there!

Last edited:
OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vargasturbo.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Testing has begun, the baseline is finished, new turbo is on the car, gonna add the rest of the goodies MAP sent us, (intercooler, intake, charge pipes, flex kit, etc), clutch, and get it tuned. We should have results after the holiday, and the units are already in production. We will keep everyone posted. Happy holidays!

MrJustin81

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I really like the write up on the turbo for the Si l/1.5 I’m looking forward to the member(forget who) is going to install and test it

OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vargasturbo.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Have an update?
We're taking the opportunity while the car is apart to develop a bunch of parts for you guys, full silicone hose kits, silicone charge pipes, some billet goodies, and a few other things you guys will like. So we're waiting on samples before we can put the car back together. We have almost everything, including the clutch, just need to g et everything back installed, and we can begin tuning. We also sent a unit out to be run by a member here. I believe he is going to post when he is ready.

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I really like the write up on the turbo for the Si l/1.5 I’m looking forward to the member(forget who) is going to install and test it
Must come from trying to be forgettable to most people LOL

Had some delays this past week but really want to do Vargas justice so don't worry it is in the works.

I have to say I am VERY excited to see what else they put out for the SI after seeing the beautiful turbo in person :love:

EDIT: Should have pointed out I am the lucky member who has their turbo already, link to my thread in process about it is in my signature, for anyone else coming across this thread.

Last edited:

MrJustin81

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
We're taking the opportunity while the car is apart to develop a bunch of parts for you guys, full silicone hose kits, silicone charge pipes, some billet goodies, and a few other things you guys will like. So we're waiting on samples before we can put the car back together. We have almost everything, including the clutch, just need to g et everything back installed, and we can begin tuning. We also sent a unit out to be run by a member here. I believe he is going to post when he is ready.
Very exciting. After reading the write up about the turbo, I’m all like ok I need to start saving for a turbo upgrade lol

OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vargasturbo.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not sure if anyone say yet. Derek Robinson tuned our test unit on 93, and had some great results, with 304WHP/314WQT on 9. Spool looks amazing, with 250WTQ by 3300RPM, and full spool by 3600. This is only going to get better on ethanol. Excited to see him push more, then we will have him tune our car once it's ready.

His post on IG can be found here -
Sponsored