Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nismo 350Z, Element SC
Country flag

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
it looks nice enough, and I'd certainly have considered it, but I think I'd still have bought the Sport 6MT, cause the MPG on the Elantra Sport isn't very good, and the trunk is still the shallow tall Golf-style, and I prefer the Civic's long short trunk.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks like a Golf, Cruze hatchback, and Sonata fucked and left the product on the steps of the nearest fire department.

I seriously thought it was the interior of an Accent. Sad!

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Meeehh, looks so generic. Even the Cruze hatch looks way better.

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
It will be worth a test drive, Hyundai may have better features and options packages than Honda does. And the more traditional shape may mean a less compromised rear seat and cargo area. I have a feeling that the Honda 1.5T will be tough to beat, though.

CEXT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX Turbo
Country flag
It will be worth a test drive, Hyundai may have better features and options packages than Honda does. And the more traditional shape may mean a less compromised rear seat and cargo area. I have a feeling that the Honda 1.5T will be tough to beat, though.
I think the honda has more rear leg room though

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Front grill reminds me of the big black smiley face on the Mazda's. Horrible.

BrieOfBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring 4 door sedan
It looks like a real contender if you are looking for something sportier than the Civic. It seems to have good value for the money. I wished I at least test drove the Elantra sport just so I wouldn't be questioning whether I would like it better.

Civic:
Love the look
Better mpg
Better ride?
Nicer interior
LED headlights look cooler
Brand reliability

Elantra Sport:
Better acceleration
Better handling
Blind spot instead of Lane watch.
18 inch rims
Better premium stereo
Better Warrantee

I think I would still pick the Civic, but I wouldn't know unless I test drove the Sport.

Certainly looks like a great choice for those who don't like the look of the Civic OR someone who values raw performance over a blend of fuel economy and sportyness.

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
It looks like a real contender if you are looking for something sportier than the Civic. It seems to have good value for the money. I wished I at least test drove the Elantra sport just so I wouldn't be questioning whether I would like it better.

Civic:
Love the look
Better mpg
Better ride?
Nicer interior
Brand reliability

Elantra Sport:
Better acceleration
Better handling
18 inch rims
Better premium stereo
Better Warrantee

I think I would still pick the Civic, but I wouldn't know unless I test drove the Sport.

Certainly looks like a great choice for those who don't like the look of the Civic OR someone who values raw performance over a blend of fuel economy and sportyness.
I wound up buying a Civic and I love it so far. Mostly because I just couldn't find an Elantra Sport in the color I wanted. But here's the thing. The thought that Honda is more reliable than Hyundai just isn't true anymore. Check any auto site on the net and you'll see Hyundai now ranks higher than Honda for overall reliability. The two Hyundais and Kias I've owned over the years have been just as reliable as the three Hondas I've owned, maybe more so.

OP
OP
SonicHB

SonicHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nismo 350Z, Element SC
Country flag
Hyundai and Kia are doing more things right than most of the Japanese makers including Honda.

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Hyundai and Kia are doing more things right than most of the Japanese makers including Honda.
This is a good thing - maybe Honda will fix some of the silly stuffs that's broken like the slow infotainment, mixing up the climate controls with the infotainment screen, and switch to BSI instead of LaneWatch. Those are my biggest peeves with the car. I'm actually happy enough with the CVT, but a beefier sport oriented CVT wouldn't hurt... DCTs seem to have their own set of issues and the CVT will always be smoother. And likewise, a 6MT Sport Touring offering in the US for those who want that.

geoken2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch sport
Country flag

Civic:
Love the look
Better mpg
Better ride?
Nicer interior
Brand reliability

Elantra Sport:
Better acceleration
Better handling
18 inch rims
Better premium stereo
Better Warrantee

LED lights on the civic might look nicer, but that requires stepping up to touring. On the base model Elantra Sport (I'm guessing the hatchback will be spec'd similarly) you get better lights than the equivalent Civic HB. And I know interior is subjective, but I think leather seats with nice bolstering is objectively better than what you get in every Civic unless you step up to an Si.
Sponsored