lhonda200

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1995 Integra Gsr, 2004 Jeep Liberty
Country flag
So i am currently thinking about buying a new wing for my R. I'm currently between the Voltex Type2 1600mm and the APR GTC-300 67".

So my question is which and why? For you guys that have these currently on Fk8 or any car for that matter.

Which is a better company to deal with?

Who has better quailty and uses better materials? Fitment/strength/durability?

Which is lighter and more functional for street/track use.

Which company has a better finish/quailty control? Not looking for any imperfections scratches on a $2k wing.

Any points or things that should be mentioned, please address them as i only wanna buy 1. I dont wanna make a 2k mistake just to turn around and buy from the other company.

Thanks!
Sponsored

razi_fk8

First Name
Razi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sonic Grey FK8 & Civic Sport FK7
Country flag
So i am currently thinking about buying a new wing for my R. I'm currently between the Voltex Type2 1600mm and the APR GTC-300 67".

So my question is which and why? For you guys that have these currently on Fk8 or any car for that matter.

Which is a better company to deal with?

Who has better quailty and uses better materials? Fitment/strength/durability?

Which is lighter and more functional for street/track use.

Which company has a better finish/quailty control? Not looking for any imperfections scratches on a $2k wing.

Any points or things that should be mentioned, please address them as i only wanna buy 1. I dont wanna make a 2k mistake just to turn around and buy from the other company.

Thanks!
I'd be interested to know too as I was pretty set with the APR GT-250 but there isn't anyone here in the UK with an aftermarket wing. I believe Stig_jdm had a Voltex and changed to the APR GT250.

TSAC-R

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I'd be interested to know too as I was pretty set with the APR GT-250 but there isn't anyone here in the UK with an aftermarket wing. I believe Stig_jdm had a Voltex and changed to the APR GT250.
Here's mine. No issues with the clear coat and top-notch customer service. Reach out to Ryan @ ARP for pricing and questions. I consulted with Stig before pulling the trigger. I'm a happy camper.

Honda Civic 10th gen Voltex Type2 1600mm vs APR GTC which is a better wing IMG_5001

Honda Civic 10th gen Voltex Type2 1600mm vs APR GTC which is a better wing IMG_4793

razi_fk8

First Name
Razi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sonic Grey FK8 & Civic Sport FK7
Country flag
Here's mine. No issues with the clear coat and top-notch customer service. Reach out to Ryan @ ARP for pricing and questions. I consulted with Stig before pulling the trigger. I'm a happy camper.

IMG_5001.jpeg

IMG_4793.jpeg
thanks, that looks great! any contact info for Ryan?

halohalomix206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SGP FK8 TYPE R, X5M, Mini Cooper S
Country flag
i'm going to be running the Voltex type 5 1700mm as I have a huge love for Voltex ever since seeing Voltex Aero on the Cyber Evo and then I ended up putting a type 5 on my own Evo awhile back. Their quality is top notch.

Tuxedo

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag

IMG_5001.jpeg

IMG_4793.jpeg
checking in to see if the wing has held up. Please respond. I heard there clear coat peel issues with these, but they are old forum posts.