• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Virginia Voltex Type 2V Wing

xXoVrKiLLXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R ABM
@Fk8.Paul Do you have documentation and a picture of the voltex serial. He verified that the wing he has doesn't have one and I've asked multiple sources... they all have serial numbers from voltex.
Do you have proof that Voltex wings specifically for the FK8 come with s/n's I honestly dont know which is why i ask? Is that proof from Voltex or just a few individuals you asked? If so take it up with an admin - if not stop crapping on the sellers thread and move on.

Free bump OP - GLWS
Sponsored

Last edited:

xalexwillisx

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2014 Odyssey Elit
Country flag
@xXoVrKiLLXx Yep, I originally had planned to meet with the seller today. I was interested in picking up the wing if it was or wasn't voltex. My only caveat was that I wouldnt pay voltex prices if it wasn't genuine voltex.

I talked to other voltex owners and I called Evasive as the expert to verify what all other owners have said.

After the owner said he took the end plate off of the wing, he said it didn't have the serial number that verifies its an authentic voltex wing. After that I still offered to buy the wing at a lower price since it was a replica and he said he'd let me know. I just want to make sure someone else isn't going to over pay for a wing being sold as genuine voltex that isn't.

xXoVrKiLLXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R ABM
@xXoVrKiLLXx Yep, I originally had planned to meet with the seller today. I was interested in picking up the wing if it was or wasn't voltex. My only caveat was that I wouldnt pay voltex prices if it wasn't genuine voltex.

I talked to other voltex owners and I called Evasive as the expert to verify what all other owners have said.

After the owner said he took the end plate off of the wing, he said it didn't have the serial number that verifies its an authentic voltex wing. After that I still offered to buy the wing at a lower price since it was a replica and he said he'd let me know. I just want to make sure someone else isn't going to over pay for a wing being sold as genuine voltex that isn't.
Thanks bro!

Fk8.Paul

First Name
Paul Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
@Fk8.Paul Do you have documentation and a picture of the voltex serial. He verified that the wing he has doesn't have one and I've asked multiple sources... they all have serial numbers from voltex.
not sure since i havent taken anything. i didnt really care about the serial # to prove its authenticity. i got the wing wayback 2018 from evasivemotorsports.

xalexwillisx

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
not sure since i havent taken anything. i didnt really care about the serial # to prove its authenticity. i got the wing wayback 2018 from evasivemotorsports.

If it really came from evasive then it would have the serial on it from voltex and that information came straight from evasive themselves...

I'm not saying I don't believe you, but taking your word that you bought it from evasive yet it somehow doesn't have the serial numbers from voltex doesn't add up.

Fk8.Paul

First Name
Paul Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
If it really came from evasive then it would have the serial on it from voltex and that information came straight from evasive themselves...

I'm not saying I don't believe you, but taking your word that you bought it from evasive yet it somehow doesn't have the serial numbers from voltex doesn't add up.
not really sure about that buddy but i agree with youl

here are some photos of the wing when i still had it. michael should be able to disassemble it look for the serial no. it should be there somewhere im 100% sure

Honda Civic 10th gen Voltex Type 2V Wing IMG_5512

Honda Civic 10th gen Voltex Type 2V Wing IMG_5502

Honda Civic 10th gen Voltex Type 2V Wing 241231975_549355046276001_1851617643968407378_n

xalexwillisx

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
not really sure about that buddy but i agree with youl

here are some photos of the wing when i still had it. michael should be able to disassemble it look for the serial no. it should be there somewhere im 100% sure

IMG_5512.jpeg

IMG_5502.jpeg

241231975_549355046276001_1851617643968407378_n.jpg

That’s an awesome type R man! Per his text to me the other day - “Yea, its not there lol but its legit Voltex” - says he looked and couldn’t find it… idk

If its legit, its marked. As far as i am aware, almost if not all are on the left or American drivers side. He says its not there. Again, I’d be stoked if it were real Voltex, i told him I’d take it if not too lol it is a great looking wing on your and his car.

FK8CW2019

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
That’s an awesome type R man! Per his text to me the other day - “Yea, its not there lol but its legit Voltex” - says he looked and couldn’t find it… idk

If its legit, its marked. As far as i am aware, almost if not all are on the left or American drivers side. He says its not there. Again, I’d be stoked if it were real Voltex, i told him I’d take it if not too lol it is a great looking wing on your and his car.

As long you can get a copy of receipt with Evasive should be fine.

xalexwillisx

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
As long you can get a copy of receipt with Evasive should be fine.
A receipt doesn't authenticate the wing...

Let's put out a hypothetical here; I can order a voltex wing from evasive and they'll send a nice receipt to my email. At which point I'll have a nice voltex wing. Using your receipt logic I can go and buy 6 replicas from aliexpress or fk8parts or whomever and print off a couple copies of the receipt and viola everyone has voltex wings since they have a receipt...

Or you can just keep with the standard of verification and show the serial number the manufacturer provides as proof of authenticity.

Sleepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 CW
Country flag

Let's put out a hypothetical here; I can order a voltex wing from evasive and they'll send a nice receipt to my email. At which point I'll have a nice voltex wing. Using your receipt logic I can go and buy 6 replicas from aliexpress or fk8parts or whomever and print off a couple copies of the receipt and viola everyone has voltex wings since they have a receipt...

Or you can just keep with the standard of verification and show the serial number the manufacturer provides as proof of authenticity.
I’m actually kind of surprised at how many people buy replica parts for the FK8. I know everyone’s budget is different, but usually the quality and fitment is better going the authentic route. Not directing it at the seller either, just an observation over the years.

OP
OP
typearghhhh

typearghhhh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag

i can send you a photo of the serial number it istn on there the sticker rubbed off, lol. but you can tell reps and reals just by photos and its a real one so yeah, the weave alone says it all and i bought it off of paul who has one of the best fk8s in the country... and i never agreed to meet you the other day lol

FK8CW2019

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag

My point was that you could call Evasive and verify that the purchase existed with that said individual

xalexwillisx

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i can send you a photo of the serial number it istn on there the sticker rubbed off, lol. but you can tell reps and reals just by photos and its a real one so yeah, the weave alone says it all and i bought it off of paul who has one of the best fk8s in the country... and i never agreed to meet you the other day lol
I'd be happy to see the serial number. I'm also interested in how you can send me a picture of the serial if you say it's been rubbed off. Even if you can't see the number the sticker wouldn't just come off, that's why they place it under the endplates... again, you said it wasn't there in text.

Honda Civic 10th gen Voltex Type 2V Wing Screenshot_20220801-221053_Messages

Honda Civic 10th gen Voltex Type 2V Wing Screenshot_20220801-221118_Messages

OP
OP
typearghhhh

typearghhhh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
I'd be happy to see the serial number. I'm also interested in how you can send me a picture of the serial if you say it's been rubbed off. Even if you can't see the number the sticker wouldn't just come off, that's why they place it under the endplates... again, you said it wasn't there in text.

Screenshot_20220801-221053_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20220801-221118_Messages.jpg
the one i sent was an example mine has the location like the outline for it but the sticker rubbed off it seems but yeah

xalexwillisx

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
the one i sent was an example mine has the location like the outline for it but the sticker rubbed off it seems but yeah
Exactly… So as previously stated, the wing does not have a serial number or identifying plate on it. Again, the wing looks great, its awesome and all but my point is that if you don’t have any way of showing its real and all anyone has is just your word and the word of the guy that sold it to you that its a legit Voltex wing… then that isn’t much to go on. “Trust me, its real” doesn’t get you very far when the next person tries to sell it and can’t prove its authentic either. It might seem trivial but the difference in what its actually worth isn’t a small one.
Sponsored