civicsi1211

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic type R
Country flag
Ready for wheels but need some feedback.

Volks obviously would be great being they are such a great wheel but would grams be a decent second choice if I decided against the volks.

Secondly
Offset 45 or does the 38 make a big difference.

Third- any tire suggestions once I pull the trigger on a set ?

( not tracking the car)

https://www.systemmotorsports.com/c...g-te37sl-18x9-5-45-5x120-matte-black-set-of-4

https://www.systemmotorsports.com/c...7dr-18x9-5-38-5x120-semi-gloss-black-set-of-4

https://www.systemmotorsports.com/c...7xtreme-spec-d-18x9-5-38-5x120-matte-graphite
Sponsored

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ready for wheels but need some feedback.

Volks obviously would be great being they are such a great wheel but would grams be a decent second choice if I decided against the volks.

Secondly
Offset 45 or does the 38 make a big difference.

Third- any tire suggestions once I pull the trigger on a set ?

( not tracking the car)

https://www.systemmotorsports.com/c...g-te37sl-18x9-5-45-5x120-matte-black-set-of-4

https://www.systemmotorsports.com/c...7dr-18x9-5-38-5x120-semi-gloss-black-set-of-4

https://www.systemmotorsports.com/c...7xtreme-spec-d-18x9-5-38-5x120-matte-graphite
I suggest buy the ones you like not what everybody else likes

OP
OP

civicsi1211

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic type R
Country flag
I suggest buy the ones you like not what everybody else likes
I am most concerned with a strong wheel & an offset that will compliment the cars handling.
This forum hasn’t steered me wrong yet so I definitely appreciate the thoughts.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I run Gram Lights, and track the car on them. The only difference between the +38 and the +45 (that the Volks offers) is that you can run a 265 max width while lowered. 265 on a +38 has proven to rub once lowered.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Well they’re both made by Rays which is a quality wheel manufacture.

You’re comparing a forged wheel to a cast wheel. Buy what you can afford.

+38 will be more flush but will cause some minor rubbing when lowered and on a 265/35 or 255/40 tire.

+45 is flush enough without having to worry about rubbing. It’s the “gold standard” of offset for this car. It’s an offset that makes the car handle well and look good.

OP
OP

civicsi1211

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic type R
Country flag
Well they’re both made by Rays which is a quality wheel manufacture.

You’re comparing a forged wheel to a cast wheel. Buy what you can afford.

+38 will be more flush but will cause some minor rubbing when lowered and on a 265/35 or 255/40 tire.

+45 is flush enough without having to worry about rubbing. It’s the “gold standard” of offset for this car. It’s an offset that makes the car handle well and look good.
Thank you

This was very helpful.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have not had any rubbing with my +38 grams lowered on swift. I assume it's because I am running Indy 500's. The tire brand does make a difference.

Buy what you want you won't be disappointed with either choice, both good wheels.

OP
OP

civicsi1211

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic type R
Country flag
I have not had any rubbing with my +38 grams lowered on swift. I assume it's because I am running Indy 500's. The tire brand does make a difference.

Buy what you want you won't be disappointed with either choice, both good wheels.
thanks for the feedback.

i Saw your build thread and love how your front end came out! Looks fantastic!

Sugamo2019

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R; Toyota RAV4 XLE Hybrid
Country flag
I recently bought a new set of TE37sl after scouring the internet for pre-owned deals for Enkei, Grams, Volks. What I realized was that sellers are wanting too much for their used set. This is when I decided that I will buy a brand new set of what I like and avoid the pitfalls of buying an affordable set hoping to always upgrade in the future.

If the cost of Rays Volk is not prohibitive for you, buy the set. You can't go wrong as far as I'm concerned. If you check the pre-owned market, you won't lose much when you decide to move on and sell it.
I bought a set of mag blue 18x9.5 +45 TE37sl and planning on buying all season Michelins for it at 265/40/18.

OP
OP

civicsi1211

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic type R
Country flag
I recently bought a new set of TE37sl after scouring the internet for pre-owned deals for Enkei, Grams, Volks. What I realized was that sellers are wanting too much for their used set. This is when I decided that I will buy a brand new set of what I like and avoid the pitfalls of buying an affordable set hoping to always upgrade in the future.

If the cost of Rays Volk is not prohibitive for you, buy the set. You can't go wrong as far as I'm concerned. If you check the pre-owned market, you won't lose much when you decide to move on and sell it.
I bought a set of mag blue 18x9.5 +45 TE37sl and planning on buying all season Michelins for it at 265/40/18.
very valid point!
I do want to get a set of volks but might start with the grams & work my way up!

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
Did you consider Titan 7s? Volks are great wheels but pricey. Grams are not forged. Titan 7 doesn't have the same street cred or reputation but they are forged although not likely to the same standards. At least they are 45mm off set and hub centric for a CTR

OP
OP

civicsi1211

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic type R
Country flag
Did you consider Titan 7s? Volks are great wheels but pricey. Grams are not forged. Titan 7 doesn't have the same street cred or reputation but they are forged although not likely to the same standards. At least they are 45mm off set and hub centric for a CTR
I looked at them, but just don’t love them.

Maybe I would like them better in person.
I wish there was more selection that fit our cars.

Any thought on width?

j_limitz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R - Championship White
Country flag

Most people run 265/35/18 when lowered and 255/40/18 when on stock height, you might rub with 265/40/18
Sponsored