Tipor

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R & 4Runner
Country flag
I drive a Si with TE37SLs so I felt like I had to comment. have you seen the new center caps coming out soon?

1643638445600.png
Yup, I saw them. They look amazing. These won’t directly fit TE37 SL specifically because they were made for no center caps. Will need an adapter to fit. System Motorsports should know what adapter is needed.

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yup, I saw them. They look amazing. These won’t directly fit TE37 SL specifically because they were made for no center caps. Will need an adapter to fit. System Motorsports should know what adapter is needed.
yea System wants $60/ea. they are cheaper through Nengun but i guess it really depends on how fast you want them. $500 for a set of center caps is still hard to swallow.

CJizzle_FK8

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Unfortunately I just splurged and I bought a p600 and an epr cf m style spoiler this month. My only option for wheels at the moment have to be some cheap knock offs. Might have to get a set of ESRs for now.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Unfortunately I just splurged and I bought a p600 and an epr cf m style spoiler this month. My only option for wheels at the moment have to be some cheap knock offs. Might have to get a set of ESRs for now.
Superspeed, Konig, Enkei, and Maybe Gram Lights all have reasonably affordable wheel options you should look into before the ESR junk imo. But if youre hella strapped for cash then ESR or maybe AVID is your best bet.

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just curious ... why are TE37 SL designed for NO center caps?

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Just curious ... why are TE37 SL designed for NO center caps?
I think because the SLs as are any Volks are designed for racing. I would venture to guess that most cars used in motorsports forgo the looks of having centercaps for the benefits of less weight as crazy as it sounds. That, and they can fly off while youre racing.

System Motorsports

Thomson
CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Thomson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic Type R
Country flag
Looks great! I will definitely put this specific size/offset on mine as well. I find that a lot of the +45 offsets don't look as concave as I much would like, and I don't want to go to a lower offset because of torque steer and suspension geometry changes.
Our +45 TE37SL #systemspec will certainly be concave!

For those curious, the TE37SL Black Edition 3 on OP's car does not use numerical face nomenclature like the Saga/Saga S-Plus/Saga SL. TE37SL in 18x9.5 +38, +43, and +45 all are concave face. :)

OP
OP
Tipor

Tipor

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R & 4Runner
Country flag
An update on the TE37 SL’s and the RT660’s. I had not given my thoughts previously on how the car drives with this new setup because of winter weather not allowing me to go full send with it. Starting off with normal driving. The new setup is much more comfortable. Previously with the stock Contis every time would go over a minimal road imperfection I thought the 20” wheels would break. Thus, I was always evading every single road bump. This affected spirited driving as a consequence. Now the new setup with the beefy sidewall and 18” I do not have this problem. I still obviously evade potholes, but not every single road imperfection. Yes, the tires are a bit louder than the stock contis but either the engine noise or music will block that extra noise. Furthermore, there is a noticeable difference with spirited drives When comparing to stock wheels and tires. The new setup has a lot more grip on the curves. There were some previous corners were I new I was approaching the limit with the contis but not with the rt660’s. As for corner turn-in, it is actually better than the contis. I know a few people have written here that the corner turn-in is worse with bigger sidewall tires. That is true but the RT660 sidewall appears to be stiff enough to make in better and more responsive than the 30 sidewall contis. Overall it is a much more confidence inspiring setup on spirited drives along curvy roads. There are some cons tho. The new setup seems to tramline more over road imperfections but is not that bad. Also, there is a bit more torque steer, which was a given with the lower offset wheel. Its seems to be more pronounced when at very low speed and accelerating hard out of a corner. If you are alteady carrying speed into the corner, there is no big torque steer at exit. In conclusion I am very happy with the looks and overall performance of the TE37 SL BEIII 18x9.5 et 43 on Falken RT660. Below I leave a video of me during a spirited drive at my curvy roads. Enjoy!

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
I have NSX 19’ with Cup 2 255’s on them. No contest to a 18x45 with a 35 profile wider tire (265/275) in my opinion. Granted it’s a stickier tire but I now have 275/35R18 Goodyear 3R’s for the track now and love them.

Stickyyhands

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
I have NSX 19’ with Cup 2 255’s on them. No contest to a 18x45 with a 35 profile wider tire (265/275) in my opinion. Granted it’s a stickier tire but I now have 275/35R18 Goodyear 3R’s for the track now and love them.
Have you had any Issues with rubbing with that tire size? I'm assuming you are on stock suspension
Sponsored