Voiding Warranty

Drix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
I have the 2018 civic si and i have ktuner and a downpipe installed. i know it will void my 3 year / 36k mile warranty. i was wondering if it will also void my tire warranty.
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the 2018 civic si and i have ktuner and a downpipe installed. i know it will void my 3 year / 36k mile warranty. i was wondering if it will also void my tire warranty.
you warranty isnt voided from adding anything, it can be voided if it causes a failure. Always flash back to stock, unlock the unit and remove it and the ktuner stickers from you car when going in for service. If they dont know you have ktuner they cant void your warranty.

Blindeye_03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR - White
Country flag
you warranty isnt voided from adding anything, it can be voided if it causes a failure. Always flash back to stock, unlock the unit and remove it and the ktuner stickers from you car when going in for service. If they dont know you have ktuner they cant void your warranty.
Still has nothing to do with a destroyed wheel or punctured tire.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Still has nothing to do with a destroyed wheel or punctured tire.
thanks captain obvious, I was letting him know that just because he has ktuner and downpipe doesnt mean his factory warranty is voided

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dealerships will make a big deal about it, but they have to prove that the mod is the reason for the equipment failure. Tuners are definitely the worst, because the dealer can say almost any system is being affected.

You can put lowering springs on your car and if you develop a head gasket leak, they have to fix it. It's called the Magnussen-Moss Warranty Act.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dealerships will make a big deal about it, but they have to prove that the mod is the reason for the equipment failure. Tuners are definitely the worst, because the dealer can say almost any system is being affected.

You can put lowering springs on your car and if you develop a head gasket leak, they have to fix it. It's called the Magnussen-Moss Warranty Act.
the good thing with tuners on Honda is when you flash stock they have no idea you are tuned. They dont have flash counters like other brands, and they dont have clocks or store datalogs. When you flash stock it goes back to the software that was on your ecu when you locked your tuner to the car. They literally have no way at the dealer of proving you are tuned if you flash stock, take the unit out of the car and then dont have Ktuner stickers all over your car.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice job being a dick, dick.
hmm vulgar language while making a personal attacks, nice. If thats all you are going to bring to this forum, you aren't going to last long.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
the good thing with tuners on Honda is when you flash stock they have no idea you are tuned. They dont have flash counters like other brands, and they dont have clocks or store datalogs.
What makes you think that?

They had all of the those things back in the 8th gen ECU's. I am also pretty sure they exsisted in 9th gen ECU's (reflash count, max rpm with duration, etc).

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
the good thing with tuners on Honda is when you flash stock they have no idea you are tuned. They dont have flash counters like other brands, and they dont have clocks or store datalogs. When you flash stock it goes back to the software that was on your ecu when you locked your tuner to the car. They literally have no way at the dealer of proving you are tuned if you flash stock, take the unit out of the car and then dont have Ktuner stickers all over your car.
Where did you confirm this information from? Ive heard some ppl state that dealerships, including Honda, can see any gaps in mileage that are missing because they are stored in the ecu.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What makes you think that?

They had all of the those things back in the 8th gen ECU's. I am also pretty sure they exsisted in 9th gen ECU's (reflash count, max rpm with duration, etc).
If you believed they have flash counters and logs in those ECU's you are mistaken. Mileage is not stored on the ECU, its stored on the dash. Its a counter. There is no clock, when you key on the car the timer starts at 0 every time. Ask the person who told you they did to prove it to you. Show their work, show you where in the HDS is shows flash count, where in the HDS it shows stored data logs. The only thing it stores is a snapshot when an event triggers it. Did you know when you flash it back to stock it erases that cel/dtc?

Ask yourself this, have you ever taken your car into the dealer for an issue and they say ok leave it here, we need to replicate it before we can say if its warranty or not? Why do they need to replicate your issue? because the issue isnt stored on the ecu!!!!!! If it was, you could say on May 7th, at 6:31 am when I started my car it turned over slow and idled bad. nope, they can't see that so they have to replicate it. You know how they try to replicate it, they plug the HDS into the odbII port, start the car and datalog. If you flashed back to stock all they see is the Vin and the software version which will be the software the car left the factory with since when you lock your Ktuner to your car, the Ktuner copies that software to the stock calibration for flashing back to stock. Then they will drive the car in an attempt to replicate the issue. That is where if you left it flashed they could see that the car is making more psi than stock or is redlining higher than stock.

Ive been asking people on the 8th civic pages since my 8th gen Si who claim the dealer can tell to prove to me they can see you flashed your car. Its been 7 years and not one person who claimed that has shown me where and how they see it. I'll continue to wait for someone to show me their work at the dealer level that shows you how they know you flashed.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Where did you confirm this information from? Ive heard some ppl state that dealerships, including Honda, can see any gaps in mileage that are missing because they are stored in the ecu.
you can ask the people on this website or on the facebook pages who were messing with their tunes and fried their cvt or bent rods and got a new engine or transmission under warranty if the dealer saw they were flashed/tuned. If a dealer ever asks you "are you tuned," they are on a fishing expedition.
Sponsored