stickshiftnewbie

First Name
Phel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen SI
Country flag
What parts of the car will be voided if I will install an eibach lowering springs and a magna flow exhausts? Planning to do these upgrades but just wanna make sure that i’m still covered lol
Sponsored

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What parts of the car will be voided if I will install an eibach lowering springs and a magna flow exhausts? Planning to do these upgrades but just wanna make sure that i’m still covered lol
Just revert back to stock if anything happens. Those are easy to revert. Tuning is pretty much a guaranteed Void.

OP
OP

stickshiftnewbie

First Name
Phel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen SI
Country flag
Just revert back to stock if anything happens. Those are easy to revert. Tuning is pretty much a guaranteed Void.
Ooh okay but is there any way that the dealership can determine if you change your exhaust and springs? Even you put back the stock ones?

domicubarican

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
best thing to do is revert to stock. I had a guy come in to my dealership a couple weeks ago that had to pay for a brand new turbo out of pocket because he voided his warranty. Dude had catless DP, Boomba BOV, Injen intake, and he didn't revert to tune back to stock. Found his turbine wheel broke off and got stuck in the right side muffler. He was pushing 25+ lbs of boost.

OP
OP

stickshiftnewbie

First Name
Phel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen SI
Country flag
best thing to do is revert to stock. I had a guy come in to my dealership a couple weeks ago that had to pay for a brand new turbo out of pocket because he voided his warranty. Dude had catless DP, Boomba BOV, Injen intake, and he didn't revert to tune back to stock. Found his turbine wheel broke off and got stuck in the right side muffler. He was pushing 25+ lbs of boost.
So reverting it to stock will bot void the warranty? So basically dealership wonmt find out you change those parts even in the computer?

domicubarican

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
No, reverting back to stock parts will not void warranty. Unless you caused that part to fail, like breaking your side mirror from hitting it against something, it will stay warrantied. Like Luckyarmpit said, dealership must prove that whatever part you have caused the failure...if you install aftermarket springs and your shocks decided to fail, they need to prove that the springs caused the shocks to fail. Install stock springs back on and they can say that it wore out prematurely and it's covered under warranty.

OP
OP

stickshiftnewbie

First Name
Phel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen SI
Country flag
No, reverting back to stock parts will not void warranty. Unless you caused that part to fail, like breaking your side mirror from hitting it against something, it will stay warrantied. Like Luckyarmpit said, dealership must prove that whatever part you have caused the failure...if you install aftermarket springs and your shocks decided to fail, they need to prove that the springs caused the shocks to fail. Install stock springs back on and they can say that it wore out prematurely and it's covered under warranty.
Okay thank you!! Revert the stock camber arms too if i’ll use one, thanks for the help

OP
OP

stickshiftnewbie

First Name
Phel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen SI
Country flag
Last question since you work on a dealership, i have a 3 year service to my dealership, will they still service my vehicle even i have an aftermarket upgrades?

Last edited:

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
It is easier for the dealer to "prove" than most of you are implying.

OP- Potentially anything suspension related for the springs. If any issues arise with the springs, return the car to stock and take it to the dealership. I am not saying they will not deny a warranty repair, but it increases your chances of them repairing it under warranty. Modified cars typically get looked at a little more closely and you do not want them to take too deep a look into the issue.

2CAMS

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2017
Country flag
any idea of how much he paid?