VitViper Products are all gone

jpaik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan Orchid White
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was about to purchase the Stage 1 combo for the Ktuner and VitTuned combo, but I noticed that I just got a 404 page not found. Then I just went to the products and realized they were all gone (https://vittuned.com/ktuner-flash-civic-si-combo-stage-1.html)

So I'm guessing that he's focusing all his time to his new position at MoTeC, which is awesome!

But can anyone else recommend a tune + combo like Vit's or does anyone have information on this?

Thanks all!
Sponsored

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
I was about to purchase the Stage 1 combo for the Ktuner and VitTuned combo, but I noticed that I just got a 404 page not found. Then I just went to the products and realized they were all gone (https://vittuned.com/ktuner-flash-civic-si-combo-stage-1.html)

So I'm guessing that he's focusing all his time to his new position at MoTeC, which is awesome!

But can anyone else recommend a tune + combo like Vit's or does anyone have information on this?

Thanks all!
That is something we can definitely help you with. We are partnered with @KTuner and Derek Robinson of IMW so that we can offer great Ktuner + tune packages. Current offerings include both single fuel and flex fuel tunes. If you are looking to add in a downpipe and/or an intake we can help out with that as well. We are proud dealers of both @PRL Motorsports and @RV6 products. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Lagos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
That is something we can definitely help you with. We are partnered with @KTuner and Derek Robinson of IMW so that we can offer great Ktuner + tune packages. Current offerings include both single fuel and flex fuel tunes. If you are looking to add in a downpipe and/or an intake we can help out with that as well. We are proud dealers of both @PRL Motorsports and @RV6 products. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's an extra charge for your tune?
Vits package gave you his tune for free with the purchase of a Ktuner from him.

FK7Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag

Thanks all!
We'll see, I do know he has to relocate to the east coast for his position with MoTec, where he used to operate out of his shop in Oregon, maybe taking down those orders was temporary while hes transitioning

3925blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si sedan
Country flag
The Vit Stage1 is also a generic map, made for most all 10th Gen Si. It did make more power than the very conservative out-of-the-box KTuner starter maps, but it is not custom (other than being written for a specific serial#).

Anything Derek writes for you will be more comparable to one of Vit's custom
e-Tune options, which were like an extra $200-300, but will also be specific for your car/fuel/environment and make the most power.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Could Vit's absence be why I have seen multiple ktuners for sale recently? There were 3 v2's being sold last night when I checked new posts. Prices were between 590-600.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The Vit Stage1 is also a generic map, made for most all 10th Gen Si. It did make more power than the very conservative out-of-the-box KTuner starter maps, but it is not custom (other than being written for a specific serial#).

Anything Derek writes for you will be more comparable to one of Vit's custom
e-Tune options, which were like an extra $200-300, but will also be specific for your car/fuel/environment and make the most power.
@Lagos , @3925blue has explained things well. While we certainly realize not everyone will want to spend the money on a custom tune, it is the only way to safely extract the maximum power out of your setup. A custom tune will help even a stock car perform better, but is more valuable as mods are added. Please note that if one does go the custom tune route, you will want to do so AFTER installing your mods.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Could Vit's absence be why I have seen multiple ktuners for sale recently? There were 3 v2's being sold last night when I checked new posts. Prices were between 590-600.
From their posts it sure seemed like unrelated reasons.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
From their posts it sure seemed like unrelated reasons.
I will pick up either a v1 or v1.2 as soon as I see a good price on a used model. I have a BIL with. 2017 CVT HB Sport which can use whichever tuning solution I wind up abandoning. For now, still on Hondata.

Hondata took away the scramble toggle on the RES+ button which irked me, so until they fix that I have a reason to jump to ktuner.

OP
OP

jpaik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Lagos , @3925blue has explained things well. While we certainly realize not everyone will want to spend the money on a custom tune, it is the only way to safely extract the maximum power out of your setup. A custom tune will help even a stock car perform better, but is more valuable as mods are added. Please note that if one does go the custom tune route, you will want to do so AFTER installing your mods.
Ah, thank you everyone for your inputs! I wanted a generic tune for now that would help be more fun to drive daily - and I heard Vit's Stage 1 tune did exactly that without any additional cost.

I plan on getting mods like PRL CAI and FP/DP down the road though along with a custom tune. I think I'll PM you, Two Step Performance, once I get to that point :)

Should I just buy a KTuner and use their basemaps for now or can anyone recommend something? (I'm very new at this) Thank you!

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Ah, thank you everyone for your inputs! I wanted a generic tune for now that would help be more fun to drive daily - and I heard Vit's Stage 1 tune did exactly that without any additional cost.

I plan on getting mods like PRL CAI and FP/DP down the road though along with a custom tune. I think I'll PM you, Two Step Performance, once I get to that point :)

Should I just buy a KTuner and use their basemaps for now or can anyone recommend something? (I'm very new at this) Thank you!
The starter basemaps with quick adjustments really bring the car to life. If you want to take it further custom tuning is a great option. For the deal you're getting on the combo, it's totally worth it vs ordering tuning later on down the road, but you have to assess if it's something you're going to do for sure!

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

The basemaps are going to offer a VERY significant improvement over stock. What you may want do is go with that for now, and we can put together a special priced PRL CAI + PRL FP/DP + Custom Tune Bundle for you when you are ready to take it to the next level.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
X2 on getting your feet wet by starting out with basemaps. Many of us (I'd guess most) are still only on basemaps... either because we feel a basemap is plenty (it is a substantial step up from stock) or we're making incremental upgrades with a tuner and a basemap for it's price being far and away by itself a larger leap and bang-for-the-buck power rise than any other bolt-ons alone (ie intercooler, downpipe, intake, etc.). Plus, there's a lot of thing beyond power the tuner will let you do to change how to car delivers it's power.

If you're having a hard time commiting to a custom tune, I'd still not hesitate going with the tuning solution of your choice, loading a basemap and letting her rip.

OP
OP

jpaik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The starter basemaps with quick adjustments really bring the car to life. If you want to take it further custom tuning is a great option. For the deal you're getting on the combo, it's totally worth it vs ordering tuning later on down the road, but you have to assess if it's something you're going to do for sure!
Ahh ok thank you so much! For now I think I'll get the basemaps and try to do some adjustments (anything you recommend or should I scour this forum?) and drive it for a bit before committing to a combo.

The basemaps are going to offer a VERY significant improvement over stock. What you may want do is go with that for now, and we can put together a special priced PRL CAI + PRL FP/DP + Custom Tune Bundle for you when you are ready to take it to the next level.
Gotcha, thank you for clarifying! I guess I will go with that for now and then down the road when I'm ready I'll PM you (I promise)!

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am going to confirm the above from a non vendor perspective. The Ktuner base maps are fantastic, the quick adjustments alleviate rev hang and make drivability better... along with more boost/power. Before the Ktuner I only hit 17psi now I hit 23psi and can definitely feel the power gain. Its good enough untill you get a CAI and DP/FP... that is "stage 2" and a custom tune is going to get you the most gains from those parts. The off the shelf tune is good for "stage 1" which is CAI and the tune only. Its safe to run the other parts on the incuded ktuner tune... it just wont make near as much power as with a custom tune. I personally did the CAI and ktuner at the same time, then will do a dp/fp and custom tune at the same time.
Sponsored