VitTuned stage 1 and rev hang

black18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hey everyone, getting close to about 2k miles on my si and it's starting to feel broken in. That said, this is my first manual car that I've owned (learned on my dad's old Saab) and the rev hang from 1>2>3 is incredibly annoying as I deal with some decently heavy stop-start traffic driving to work and I either have to drive like a grandma or have rough shifts. I want to get rid of it as much as I can.

Will doing the clutch delay valve delete get rid of it entirely? Or am I better off leaving it in there and going with the Ktuner and stage 1 from VitTuned? I know the tune/Ktuner 1.2 is only $450 so it's not bad but I wanna make sure I don't screw anything up on the car as I plan on keeping it for at least 6 years and would prefer to not void the warranty. Thanks f0r the advice and sorry if this is a repeat thread!
Sponsored

TheRealWizzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe / 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Country flag
Hey everyone, getting close to about 2k miles on my si and it's starting to feel broken in. That said, this is my first manual car that I've owned (learned on my dad's old Saab) and the rev hang from 1>2>3 is incredibly annoying as I deal with some decently heavy stop-start traffic driving to work and I either have to drive like a grandma or have rough shifts. I want to get rid of it as much as I can.

Will doing the clutch delay valve delete get rid of it entirely? Or am I better off leaving it in there and going with the Ktuner and stage 1 from VitTuned? I know the tune/Ktuner 1.2 is only $450 so it's not bad but I wanna make sure I don't screw anything up on the car as I plan on keeping it for at least 6 years and would prefer to not void the warranty. Thanks f0r the advice and sorry if this is a repeat thread!
To get rid of rev hang you want a tune, however you can improve clutch feel with the CDV delete and a SS clutch line.

OP
OP
black18

black18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
To get rid of rev hang you want a tune, however you can improve clutch feel with the CDV delete and a SS clutch line.
So if I get the off-the-shelf stage 1 tune I'm good to go? Or is there some tweaking I can do with the ktuner? And I plan on getting a CAI and catback exhaust, should I get those before the tune or is it not that intensive?

Deleted member

Vit's stage 1 tune out of the box is absolutely fantastic. Shifts feel great. I haven't tried to tweak it but I have heard others say you can't change parameters on the Vit tune.

TheRealWizzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe / 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Country flag
So if I get the off-the-shelf stage 1 tune I'm good to go? Or is there some tweaking I can do with the ktuner? And I plan on getting a CAI and catback exhaust, should I get those before the tune or is it not that intensive?
I'd say the order in your case will not matter if your do customer to later on try to have as much installed as possible for the tune so it cost you less money.
Sponsored