VitTuned Initial Civic Si Testing

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
See the blog for all the details and how this Si compares to previous generation Si, as well as the base EX-T.

http://blog.vittuned.com/introducing-the-2017-civic-si/

A mild premium grade fuel nets ~50wtq and 40-45whp. I have to be clear: potential gains were INTENTIONALLY LIMITED due to a weak & fresh clutch that was having a hard time holding even factory torque levels. I expect to see 300wtq+ and 240whp+ soon enough!

Custom Tuning Combo available here: http://vittuned.com/ktunerflash-etune-combo.html
KTuner Units available here (with their Stage 1/2 tunes): http://vittuned.com/ktunerflash-flash-based-hardware.html

Anyone looking for a VitTuned calibration will want the custom tuning combo!

Honda Civic 10th gen VitTuned Initial Civic Si Testing vs_stock_mild_tune

We are currently using KTuner on this vehicle and a big shout out for supplying us with updates to get initial tuning ready for this car!
Sponsored

SkyeHack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Work your magic Vit! You'll be tuning my car very soon! Looking forward to the numbers you achieve!

mabuz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for comparing the 8th gen! That's where I'll be moving from, comparison wise.

To me this car sounded good, even though so many people seem unhappy with what it is. Looks like it has some potential, and stock-for-stock, seems like an overall better Si than it's predecessors.

Now I just have to see how things progress over the next year or so as I wait to be able to buy a new car again...and decide if it's an Si or if I can find/make an R work.

Good info though, thanks again!

Last edited:

Lume80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord sport
Country flag
Spreading the word on here Vit, thanks for the work you do so we can all have a fun, fast, reliable car

Honda Civic 10th gen VitTuned Initial Civic Si Testing Capture+_2017-06-09-05-30-53

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
See the blog for all the details and how this Si compares to previous generation Si, as well as the base EX-T.

http://blog.vittuned.com/introducing-the-2017-civic-si/

A mild premium grade fuel nets ~50wtq and 40-45whp. I have to be clear: potential gains were INTENTIONALLY LIMITED due to a weak & fresh clutch that was having a hard time holding even factory torque levels. I expect to see 300wtq+ and 240whp+ soon enough!

Custom Tuning Combo available here: http://vittuned.com/ktunerflash-etune-combo.html
KTuner Units available here (with their Stage 1/2 tunes): http://vittuned.com/ktunerflash-flash-based-hardware.html

Anyone looking for a VitTuned calibration will want the custom tuning combo!

Honda Civic 10th gen VitTuned Initial Civic Si Testing vs_stock_mild_tune

We are currently using KTuner on this vehicle and a big shout out for supplying us with updates to get initial tuning ready for this car!
So based on your Dyno test of the stock car with Premium fuel running around 200 hp and torque to the wheels, would it be safe to say that the crank numbers are close to those advertised on the WRX?

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Very nice to see that these #'s and your comparisons between the 8th & 9th gen's.. it's going to be easier to let go of the 8th gen now:thumbsup:

Zdiver

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
So based on your Dyno test of the stock car with Premium fuel running around 200 hp and torque to the wheels, would it be safe to say that the crank numbers are close to those advertised on the WRX?
I believe a stock wrx puts down a little more hp, tq is close. Wrx is advertised at 268/258 and if you do the math on the 206/220 even at 20% drivetrain loss its at 247/264, I would guess drivetrain loss to be closer to 15% 236/253 maybe even less. So really tq is about the same as advertised for the wrx hp is lower.

I'm curious as to what the quarter mile time is on an SI because end of the day that is what really matters, the si is 400 lbs less than a wrx. Also curious as to what power numbers and si puts down with full bolt on's and a tune, my 16 wrx made 300 hp/344 tq on a dynojet when it was tuned and was full stage 2 (catless turbo back exhaust, deletes, intake).

fiatlux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Sequoia, '10 M6, '13 STi, '16 TLX
Country flag
So it probably goes without saying that a new clutch will be needed for an E85 tune?

Is this the same 6MT and clutch found on the other Civics?

exyia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SportTouring Hatch, 2010 EvoX SE
Country flag
how many hours is a clutch job on the Civic? That's pretty disappointing...and already starting to climb the cost up to a base TypeR

Vtak Groceries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Civic Si HFP, 2017 Golf R
Interesting the Civic Si's are showing up at the dealer with 87 oct. Makes sense why my test drive car felt sluggish and slow.

Hows the rev hang on this bad boy with the new flywheel?
I know this questions isnt for me, but I did test drive a 2017 Si sedan. It has rev-hang. I dont think the flywheel makes a difference you will be able to feel UNTIL you tune out the rev-hang via Hondata

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
Interesting the Civic Si's are showing up at the dealer with 87 oct. Makes sense why my test drive car felt sluggish and slow.

I know this questions isnt for me, but I did test drive a 2017 Si sedan. It has rev-hang. I dont think the flywheel makes a difference you will be able to feel UNTIL you tune out the rev-hang via Hondata
Even on 87 it makes more at the wheel than other Si's comparatively its not sluggish or slow at all.

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
@VitViper, what is the approximate drivetrain loss on the dyno you're using? I'm curious as to what flywheel #s might be.

From my experience, the 9th Gen Si actually makes the advertised horsepower (around 205 crank hp) in stock form. From your 9th Gen Si comparison graph, this would put the new 2017 Si at about 235 hp (with 92-93 octane) at the crank assuming the same dyno configuration and corrections were used. I guess it's possible that Honda grossly underrated the new Si.

ChrisSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan, 2009 Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@VitViper I guess it's possible that Honda grossly underrated the new Si.
I wonder if this is also part of the SAE NET hp calculation and it's rated given all potential conditions (humidity, temperature, altitudes, heat soak, etc.)
Sponsored