VitTuned Does It Yet Again -- KTuner Flex Fuel "Stage 2" tune laying it down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
We were on the dyno finalizing the Stage 2 KTuner flex fuel tune we offer with our Flex Fuel Kit, and the car really laid it down!

Flex Fuel Kit here: https://vittuned.com/civicx-10th-gen-honda-flex-fuel-kit.html
Stage 2 Combo here: https://vittuned.com/prl-ktuner-flash-civic-si-combo-stage-2.html

VitTuned "Stage 1" and "Stage 2" calibrations available for the Si for all customers that purchase the flex kit from us.

We're using:
- KTuner -- the best programmer on the market for the CivicX!
- PRL FP/DP
- PRL CAI
- STOCK intercooler (bet we'll make a few more HP with this thing..)
- Clutchmasters FX400 clutch

A little bit of detail on how our "Stage" based flex fuel tunes work. Since KTuner has the most advanced flex fuel capability on the market at this time -- we not only adjust boost levels based on whether you are in Normal or Sport mode, but we also change boost levels based on ethanol content. This is in addition to the expected fuel & ignition timing changes to increase power as ethanol content goes up. What we used to do by swapping maps -- we've now programmed to ECU to do "on the fly".

So how's this work? Well say you're on pump gas (91-94 octane or whatever). If you're driving around in "normal" peak boost might be around 18psi, hit the "Sport" mode -- now peak boost is around 23psi. Say you add a gallon of ethanol and now end up at E20. Boost will go up a couple psi in each mode (so say 20psi in normal and 25psi in Sport). Now say you want all the power -- and put some ethanol in and end up around 35-40% ethanol content (E40). The ecu will not dynamically make boost level about 23psi in "normal" and over 28psi in "Sport" mode when you just want to send it! This is happening all in the background using our plug and play flex fuel kit as you add ethanol to your fuel.

Now what about E85, Vit? Absolutely and utterly worthless. This is a D/I vehicle. We've gone up to as high as 60% ethanol and there were absolutely no gains over living in the 30-40% area. This has been tested over and over again for the past year now on this car -- it's not any different than ANY OTHER D/I VEHICLE. In fact going from 30 to 40% was only 3hp.... Properly tuned the sweet spot is in the 30-40 area on a D/I motor. Anyone telling you otherwise is very inexperienced! I fully expect this knowledge to trickle down "the channels" and some people are going to act like they just invented the wheel. Just nope. This is just common knowledge that's been in practice for like a decade... we were doing this on D/I Mazdaspeed 3 vehicles years ago... and every D/I vehicle every since. I feel like I'm beating a dead horse by regurgitating this information repeatedly!

So numbers: 295whp/370wtq!!! Stock the car made about 190whp.

Honda Civic 10th gen VitTuned Does It Yet Again -- KTuner Flex Fuel "Stage 2" tune laying it down! 23467413_1988109018067429_7516908246130122052_o
Sponsored

Last edited:

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
how much do you think the sport or hatchbacks will make?

OP
OP

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
OP updated with a better explanation of the flex capabilities of KTuner and our Stage tunes.

Graphs to demonstrate this behavior.

Stock vs our Stage 2 tune in "Normal" mode (low boost setting).
Honda Civic 10th gen VitTuned Does It Yet Again -- KTuner Flex Fuel "Stage 2" tune laying it down! lowboost

And now Stage 2 in "high boost" (Sport Mode) on E40 fuel vs the "low boost" (normal mode) 92 octane setting.
Honda Civic 10th gen VitTuned Does It Yet Again -- KTuner Flex Fuel "Stage 2" tune laying it down! flex_high

This is all one tune -- I just added ethanol to the tank to make E40 and then hit the "sport button" to give it all she's got. No reflashing, no retuning -- the KTuner programmed ECU is doing it all on the fly with our Flex Fuel kit. Allows for a very dynamic driving experience!

erik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
This is awesome!! Is it possible to get a custom tune with the kit and if so would the torque be able to be limited to a lower amount? (Is that much safer for someone wanting to keep their car 4 years or more?)

OP
OP

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
This is awesome!! Is it possible to get a custom tune with the kit and if so would the torque be able to be limited to a lower amount? (Is that much safer for someone wanting to keep their car 4 years or more?)
Of course 8)

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I am eagerly watching the USPS website tracking shipping. Glad to be getting my hands on the best flex fuel kit on the market for our 10th gen Civics!! Ktuner and Vit Viper keep blowing this thing out of the water! Couldn't be happier with my purchase

556ALPHA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
I am eagerly watching the USPS website tracking shipping. Glad to be getting my hands on the best flex fuel kit on the market for our 10th gen Civics!! Ktuner and Vit Viper keep blowing this thing out of the water! Couldn't be happier with my purchase
Have you upgraded your clutch?

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
This is amazing numbers! Can't wait to tune with vit again

Status
Not open for further replies.