Visiting dealerships on memorial day to buy a 10th gen Si

20ABM06MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
I’d go new for not much difference- look at edmunds/ true car etc for suggested pricing.. also if you are getting a loan it looks like Honda is offering .9% for 24-60 months... less than a percent is pretty sweet. Honda sending.. I love it - sometimes I want to drive the Si and sometimes I just want to turn on adaptive cruise...
Sponsored

OP
OP
danfg2

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I’d go new for not much difference- look at edmunds/ true car etc for suggested pricing.. also if you are getting a loan it looks like Honda is offering .9% for 24-60 months... less than a percent is pretty sweet. Honda sending.. I love it - sometimes I want to drive the Si and sometimes I just want to turn on adaptive cruise...
I've been looking at car guru and all the other websites you mention. Car guru listed the one at want at 22k as a 'Great Price' also I'll be paying for the Si in straight cash

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Yeah the Honda sensing on my 2020 Si isn’t super consistent. I turn It off every time I drive my car though. I’ve had it where it wants to break for me when cars are switching lanes close to me and I get worried the person behind me will rear end me after the car slams on the breaks. If they update it, I’m willing to try it out again though.
There’s like 3 different distance settings you can choose from. I always keep mine on the closest... gets super annoying if it’s set anything further than that.
ACC is great, I love it.

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
I've been looking at car guru and all the other websites you mention. Car guru listed the one at want at 22k as a 'Great Price' also I'll be paying for the Si in straight cash
Leave the cash part out of the equation until you negotiate numbers. Dealerships don’t like full cash payments... they’d rather you finance. You can always finance to make them happy, then pay off in the first payment. Just make sure to ask if any penalties if paid off early.

OP
OP
danfg2

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Leave the cash part out of the equation until you negotiate numbers. Dealerships don’t like full cash payments... they’d rather you finance. You can always finance to make them happy, then pay off in the first payment. Just make sure to ask if any penalties if paid off early.
Damn that's what I figured. You would think they would like that but yea that's what I've heard is that they would rather you finance. I'll definitely leave that part out til we can negotiate the price like you mentioned! Thanks ?

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag

PdxJose

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
There’s like 3 different distance settings you can choose from. I always keep mine on the closest... gets super annoying if it’s set anything further than that.
Sorry I wasn’t talking about the LKAS, I was referring to the Collision Mitigation Brake system. I turn that off every time I start the car. I don’t use LKAS at all unless I’m driving long distance on the freeway.

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
Country flag
Go in and negotiate. I’ve heard many members on this forum have gotten brand new for under $24k. I think there’s a thread in the SI sub forum that members talk about what they paid.
It's crazy that one can get a new Si for 24-25k when we suck here in EU with the 1.0 L 3 cylinder for 21k (23k USD with tax), and that's the cheapest trim level you can get. The 1.5 Turbo hatch with MT and the one and only trim level costs now about 35k USD here (maybe 32-33 if you are lucky).

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
Country flag
A windshield replacement also costs triple because the sensor in the windshield will need recalibrated.
It can't be that expensive.
I paid about 120-150 Euros for recalibration and 914 Eur for the whole procedure (300 me the rest paied by the insurance) by Carglass, now I got a Shitty aftermarket windshield that reflects the top of the dash like crazy.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
The only issue is I need a car by next week. I don't really have the luxury of waiting and visiting a bunch of dealerships. My plan was honestly to buy one from the auction and fix it up but like I stated earlier my Accord crapped out on me so now I have to get a car asap. 22K is the best price I've seen for that year and that low of miles. Hopefully I'll be able to get it for a little bit cheaoer.
Then skip the step about trying to beat the Costco price... No negotiation needed and it call all be done the same day.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Skip this holiday weekend because you'll be competing with a crowd. Get a better deal next weekend (month end, 5/29 - 5/31). Don't focus on just one car, have second and third options.

Or you can scoop in before closing tomorrow and haggle a deal before the mad crowd shows up this weekend. Gotta be ready to close the deal fast (now) if the numbers work for you.

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
Every used one I've seen is around 23,000....this one is 600$ below KBB value. I would like to have a new one, I even called a Honda Dealership and it's just way too much...your looking at almost 30,000 with all the taxes and fees. I'm going to try to get the white one for 22k out the door
Dont go by Kelly Blue Book. The owners of the company have a business selling thousands and thousands of used cars. The prices in the book reflect the amount of certain cars they have. You would get better use of it as toilet paper.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Even if you could get it for $20-21k, I'd personally just spend the "extra" and buy it brand new. These cars hold their value so well and you have no idea how it was treated or how it was broken it. Most of us have purchased our Si's for around $22k when they were new, so to me this is not a great deal. Most cars you expect to decline 20% in the first few years, but it really doesn't apply to our cars- it's crazy.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
I’d rather not have Honda sensing in my sporty vehicle, because I want to drive the car myself. Its features are also not perfect. It has flaws.

Some people want it, but I think the Si’s without it will hold more value in the future. Especially once it really starts to show its age as the technology is refined and perfected.

A windshield replacement also costs triple because the sensor in the windshield will need recalibrated.
I own a car with Honda sensing for the past 4 years and I barely notice. You're greatly overthinking it. As for a new windshield, that's what comprehensive insurance insurance coverage is for.

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
Hello all,

Just joined this forum. I used to own an Acura RSX Type-s and then bought an 8th Gen Si. My current vehicle (a 2000 Accord EX) which is my beater just recently crapped out on me. The transmission is done. I'm kinda pissed off cause I was planning on buying a 10th Gen Si in the fall time but now I don't have a choice but to purchase one this weekend since I don't have a car at the moment. I found a white 2019 Civic Si Sedan, clean title, one owner, 17,000 miles for an asking price of $22,000. Do you guys think thats a good deal? I've attached some pics of it let me know what you think. The only thing that irritates me about it is really minor is the ugly red ebay looking shift knob on it. Im definitely going to buy an OEM on or a type-r one.

civ1.JPG

civ5.JPG

civic4.JPG
Thats not too far off new. I would personally would pay the small difference and have a new car with 0 miles and full warranty for 3 years.