First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hello all,

Just joined this forum. I used to own an Acura RSX Type-s and then bought an 8th Gen Si. My current vehicle (a 2000 Accord EX) which is my beater just recently crapped out on me. The transmission is done. I'm kinda pissed off cause I was planning on buying a 10th Gen Si in the fall time but now I don't have a choice but to purchase one this weekend since I don't have a car at the moment. I found a white 2019 Civic Si Sedan, clean title, one owner, 17,000 miles for an asking price of $22,000. Do you guys think thats a good deal? I've attached some pics of it let me know what you think. The only thing that irritates me about it is really minor is the ugly red ebay looking shift knob on it. Im definitely going to buy an OEM on or a type-r one.

Honda Civic 10th gen Visiting dealerships on memorial day to buy a 10th gen Si civ1.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Visiting dealerships on memorial day to buy a 10th gen Si civ5.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Visiting dealerships on memorial day to buy a 10th gen Si civic4.JPG

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Can get brand new for not much more. Iā€™d definitely look into new over used for a price like that.

or even ask for/look around a brand new ā€˜19.

OP
OP
danfg2

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Can get brand new for not much more. Iā€™d definitely look into new over used for a price like that.

or even ask for/look around a brand new ā€˜19.
Every used one I've seen is around 23,000....this one is 600$ below KBB value. I would like to have a new one, I even called a Honda Dealership and it's just way too much...your looking at almost 30,000 with all the taxes and fees. I'm going to try to get the white one for 22k out the door

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Go in and negotiate. Iā€™ve heard many members on this forum have gotten brand new for under $24k. I think thereā€™s a thread in the SI sub forum that members talk about what they paid.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Every used one I've seen is around 23,000....this one is 600$ below KBB value. I would like to have a new one, I even called a Honda Dealership and it's just way too much...your looking at almost 30,000 with all the taxes and fees. I'm going to try to get the white one for 22k out the door
$22k does seem like a lot considering it has 17k miles, although things are typically more expensive over there on the west coast. I would check out the prices/buying/order subforum we have to maybe get a good idea on what people are paying. From the pictures here it does look pretty clean and unmodified besides the knob. Also 2019 is the best model year in my opinion :thumbsup:

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17ā€™ Si FC3, 17ā€™ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22ā€™ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Try for 21,000 OTD. I heard people are getting good deals on cars right now because of the dip in sales due to Covid19. I think a 2019 Si is worth it because it doesnā€˜t have Honda sensing, but thatā€™s just my opinion. 22,000$ OTD is not a bad price.

OP
OP
danfg2

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Try for 21,000 OTD. I heard people are getting good deals on cars right now because of the dip in sales due to Covid19. I think a 2019 Si is worth it because it doesnā€˜t have Honda sensing, but thatā€™s just my opinion. 22,000$ OTD is not a bad price.
The crazy thing is I assumed that I would get a crazy good deal because of the Corona Virus...I've called a bunch of dealerships and offered 1-2 thousand less than their asking price and they simply said no and hung up. I don't get it...like they wouldn't even meet me in the middle. Also is Honda sensing bad? I know the 2020 models got it

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Calling, and being there is 2 different things. If you show up, and show genuine interest, theyā€™ll be more willing to work with you. Take a day or two and go to some dealerships and negotiate... if youā€™re not happy with what theyā€™re offering you, walk away... plenty of dealerships out there, one is willing to win your business. I guarantee it.

OP
OP
danfg2

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Calling, and being there is 2 different things. If you show up, and show genuine interest, theyā€™ll be more willing to work with you. Take a day or two and go to some dealerships and negotiate... if youā€™re not happy with what theyā€™re offering you, walk away... plenty of dealerships out there, one is willing to win your business. I guarantee it.
Thanks man, my dad was basically saying the same thing. I think your 100% right about the calling and going in person. I agree that with you on that one. Also for the white one the guy just got back to me with my OTD offer of 22k and he said, "sorry, $24,200 would be the OTD cost...your price is just too far below cost"?. Damn, hopefully he will be able to drop it down a little more when I come see it on Monday.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
OP, try the Costo, etc auto buying program to get a solid price and then try to beat it at another stealership.

To give you an idea, I didn't pay 22K+TTL for my (new) 2018 in March/April of 2018.

OP
OP
danfg2

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OP, try the Costo, etc auto buying program to get a solid price and then try to beat it at another stealership.

To give you an idea, I didn't pay 22K+TTL for my (new) 2018 in March/April of 2018.
The only issue is I need a car by next week. I don't really have the luxury of waiting and visiting a bunch of dealerships. My plan was honestly to buy one from the auction and fix it up but like I stated earlier my Accord crapped out on me so now I have to get a car asap. 22K is the best price I've seen for that year and that low of miles. Hopefully I'll be able to get it for a little bit cheaoer.

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Even tho you need a car ASAP, they need you more than you need them.... theyā€™ll work with you if they see youā€™re serious, especially if youā€™re realistic with your offers. They start high, you start low, you meet somewhere in the middle.

A few months ago, I was seeing low mileage SIs at dealerships for 21-22ish in SoCal . Only reason I didnā€™t pursue, I personally didnā€™t want a used SI.

deals are out there, just gotta find the dealership thats willing to give you one.

good luck dude! Donā€™t let them know youā€™re desperate.

OP
OP
danfg2

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Even tho you need a car ASAP, they need you more than you need them.... theyā€™ll work with you if they see youā€™re serious, especially if youā€™re realistic with your offers. They start high, you start low, you meet somewhere in the middle.

A few months ago, I was seeing low mileage SIs at dealerships for 21-22ish in SoCal . Only reason I didnā€™t pursue, I personally didnā€™t want a used SI.

deals are out there, just gotta find the dealership thats willing to give you one.

good luck dude! Donā€™t let them know youā€™re desperate.
Thanks for the advice, will let you guys know if I make the purchase next week.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17ā€™ Si FC3, 17ā€™ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22ā€™ RL RTL-E
Country flag
The crazy thing is I assumed that I would get a crazy good deal because of the Corona Virus...I've called a bunch of dealerships and offered 1-2 thousand less than their asking price and they simply said no and hung up. I don't get it...like they wouldn't even meet me in the middle. Also is Honda sensing bad? I know the 2020 models got it
Iā€™d rather not have Honda sensing in my sporty vehicle, because I want to drive the car myself. Its features are also not perfect. It has flaws.

Some people want it, but I think the Siā€™s without it will hold more value in the future. Especially once it really starts to show its age as the technology is refined and perfected.

A windshield replacement also costs triple because the sensor in the windshield will need recalibrated.

PdxJose

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Iā€™d rather not have Honda sensing in my sporty vehicle, because I want to drive the car myself. Its features are also not perfect. It has flaws.

Some people want it, but I think the Siā€™s without it will hold more value in the future. Especially once it really starts to show its age as the technology is refined and perfected.

A windshield replacement also costs triple because the sensor in the windshield will need recalibrated.
Yeah the Honda sensing on my 2020 Si isnā€™t super consistent. I turn It off every time I drive my car though. Iā€™ve had it where it wants to break for me when cars are switching lanes close to me and I get worried the person behind me will rear end me after the car slams on the breaks. If they update it, Iā€™m willing to try it out again though.
Sponsored