Viper4Android Install

IByrdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Si Sedan
Country flag
SuperSU is a permissions manager. It ensures that only authorized applications that you put on an allow list are allowed to use root permissions.

Without it, every app is running with root permissions. Which isn't a huge deal in a closed, airgapped environment like your head unit, but it's still a generally bad idea.

Busybox is a bunch of Linux utilities and isn't worth mentioning except when something needs it and its missing.
Ok so I installed SuperSu but am getting some errors. Installed, rebooted, then open SuperSu and get the error 'SU Binary Occupied' and now Honda Hack shows me an error 'failed to get root access'

EDIT: I uninstalled SuperSu from the in-app cleanup settings and that fixed the HH error.
I reinstalled SuperSu and made sure to be careful what I hit I think I fixed it. Let it normal binary install, then opened HH and it popped up asking for root access, so I granted it. I think I may have accidentally clicked out of that pop-up the first time.
Sponsored

Last edited:

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Ok so I installed SuperSu but am getting some errors. Installed, rebooted, then open SuperSu and get the error 'SU Binary Occupied' and now Honda Hack shows me an error 'failed to get root access'

Edit: I uninstalled SuperSu from the in-app cleanup settings and that fixed the HH error, how do I set up SuperSu so that it works properly?
I did it without supersu....just downloaded the viper4android apk and installed it and it works great

IByrdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Si Sedan
Country flag
I did it without supersu....just downloaded the viper4android apk and installed it and it works great
Yeah I did as well, I'm just trying out SuperSu for a piece of mind so I only grant root access to HH, but it seems not easy to set up ?

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah man this must have been for older models or something but my 19 worked fine with just the APK as well!

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/viper4android-install.40471/post-867883

Please read my post. Nobody said it wouldn't work without SuperSU....

@IByrdl, I'm not sure what's going on with your install. I'd recommend completely resetting everything and wiping the head unit and starting over from scratch. That's the common suggestion in the Android world when something that fucky happens.
Whatever post I referenced when doing the install did! Didn't say yours specifically stated it was necessary my man.

IByrdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Si Sedan
Country flag

Djshady

First Name
Nawaaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5 Sport
Country flag
So I replaced front & rear door speakers with JBL components. Installed Honda hack first then Viper4android (nothing else also). All works fine, incredible sound transformation from bluetooth phone audio!...but there's no way Viper4android works with the DAB radio?

OP
OP
PandaXpress

PandaXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T with Honda Sensing
Country flag
its ok with just the Viper but I got the Audiocontrol DM-608 for better tuning, the DM-608 does sound alot better though, but the Viper does remove the bass roll off

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Gonna bump the shit out of this.
.is it possible to install the latest version of viper4audio or do we absolutely have to use the autohack version?

There's even an unofficial 2.7 version out

cariboublue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2004 Mazda 3
Country flag
Does anyone have tips on installing SuperSu? Do you do it through the browser or with a flash drive?

What is the best place to download it?

Thanks

tl364

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Bumping the ever living heck outta this... Can anyone with a '21 confirm their setup for v4a? I tried with BB&SS but had issues and had to reset HH. Tried with just the v4a apk and it doesnt seem to do anything (regardless of source or the other little tricks that have worked for others). Is it correct that I still need to install HH->SS->V4A? Thanks!

Europop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s2000
Country flag
Well, this might be too late for a reply, but it might still help someone in need if having trouble installing v4a in their head unit.

Anyway, the suggestion is try rocoplayer it has all the advanced DSP you might need and it'll simply works out of the box after installation. The only drawback it's not system wide. So, of your aim is music listening it's perfect.

Happy new year & happy tuning guys.
Sponsored