Viper Remote Starter $530 Estimate? Is true?

S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sport
Country flag
Hi guys
I decided to install remote starter to my 18 Civic HB sport manual transmission.
I checked couple brands then i decided on Viper Remote Starter.
So i checked Viper website it says thay P.C Richard & Son is Viper Dealer. I went there but the guy who installs Viper wasn't there, the other guy helped me about it.
And he said
$199 basic system+ $29 manual transmission integration.

so basic system cost $228+tax and free installation.

I went another place i'm not gonna share the name.
They said that basic system won't work for my car. Which Viper says it'll work.

anyway they ended up with $530 with ds4 1 way 5 button 1/2 mile RF kit which $269 on Viper's website.

you can see estimate on attached file.

is anybody installed Viper Remote start before? How much you paid?

all those labor costs are true?

Honda Civic 10th gen Viper Remote Starter $530 Estimate? Is true? 1FE27EA3-47A4-499B-88D8-03D418F9633D
Sponsored

midnightcivic

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 SGP EX
Country flag
Never had a viper installed, but i did my research too and went with compustar, suggest you check them out if you haven't...this was on my old acura so cant provide any info into civic

OP
OP
S60doc

S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Never had a viper installed, but i did my research too and went with compustar, suggest you check them out if you haven't...this was on my old acura so cant provide any info into civic
Compustar is little more expensive i mean $199 Viper starting price. Compustar around $349.
I'll go to PC Richard and Son tomorrow. The guy will be there. So i'll get an estimate from him. Let's see how much he is gonna say.

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
That's probably a fair price for a DS4+ installed.

You should also look into a Fortin EVO-ONE with a Compustar T12 remote package. This combo, I think, is a better overall setup to the Viper on this vehicle.

The T12 will you give you "Three mile" range, which means a realistic 1/2-3/4 mile which will be better than the remote from a Viper 5906V (1 mile quoted range).

I personally run this exact setup with a 6MT LX standard-key, but it works with push button too, and I can't recommend it enough.

If you get the Viper, you can add a smartphone module in addition to the key fob, whereas with the Fortin, for the time being, it's either the key fobs or the phone module. Fortin have stated this feature is coming, but they haven't shown any movement on this front in several years.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S60doc

S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's probably a fair price for a DS4+ installed.

You should also look into a Fortin EVO-ONE with a Compustar T12 remote package. This combo, I think, is a better overall setup to the Viper on this vehicle.

The T12 will you give you "Three mile" range, which means a realistic 1/2-3/4 mile which will be better than the remote from a Viper 5906V (1 mile quoted range).

I personally run this exact setup with a 6MT LX standard-key, but it works with push button too, and I can't recommend it enough.

If you get the Viper, you can add a smartphone module in addition to the key fob, whereas with the Fortin, for the time being, it's either the key fobs or the phone module. Fortin have stated this feature is coming, but they haven't shown any movement on this front in several years.
for now i decided to not do it. But when i decided to do again i'll check that.
Thanks!!

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
for now i decided to not do it. But when i decided to do again i'll check that.
Thanks!!
If you decide to do this, both the DS4+ and EVO-ONE have "T-harnesses" available which make the wiring very unintrusive. These are CAN-bus systems and not like the 90's alarms with 30+ different wires spliced every which way under the dash.
Sponsored