Vinyl wrap side mirror caps

Tzfng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Civic Hatch ST
Country flag
Anyone tried doing this? I spent an hour trying to wrap one side and failed miserably. The curves are so hard to do without the wrap bunching.
Sponsored

KenWolfJr

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Anyone tried doing this? I spent an hour trying to wrap one side and failed miserably. The curves are so hard to do without the wrap bunching.
I'm assuming you used a heat gun correct?

Donkeyhotay123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch
Country flag
Unless you want a special pattern, probably easier to get yourself OEM caps

robdeeee

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe
Country flag
Did mine in stek PPF with carbon print! These mirrors aren’t the easiest thing to do. I did it in2 pieces with the seam facing the inside of the car
Honda Civic 10th gen Vinyl wrap side mirror caps B79EDDAE-6B69-4ABE-817A-68F9D02EA7F6

OP
OP

Tzfng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Civic Hatch ST
Country flag
Did mine in stek PPF with carbon print! These mirrors aren’t the easiest thing to do. I did it in2 pieces with the seam facing the inside of the car
B79EDDAE-6B69-4ABE-817A-68F9D02EA7F6.jpeg
I can do everything nicely except for when i get to the curve towards where the side mirror is attached to the door. Seems to bunch up no matter what i do.

How did you do it 2 pieces?

Donkeyhotay123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch
Country flag
My guess, start with a small piece on the face towards the door. Then with a bigger piece wrapping the top and front.

If you look at the mirror cap closely you'll notice it's actually molded this way.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You have to do it in two pieces, no way around it. Get some knifeless tape and go look up CKWraps on YouTube. He has great vids.

robdeeee

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe
Country flag
I can do everything nicely except for when i get to the curve towards where the side mirror is attached to the door. Seems to bunch up no matter what i do.

How did you do it 2 pieces?
Like everyone said, started with a piece on the inside. Tried to do it right after the curve down as to hide the seam as much as possible. This was more of a test on this new material for us, so it was a hand cut. Knifeless tape for PPF would've made it a bit cleaner but I'm happy with the results. Maybe I'll replace it later on.

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm about to have the hood, roof, rear spoiler, and door handles wrapped. I am on the fence about the mirror caps because that would take all of the red away from he top half of the car. I'm really not crazy about hearing there will probably have to be a seam either. How noticeable is it?
Sponsored