Vinyl Wrap in DMV Area

rdabellano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 BMW 135i, 2013 Subaru WRX STI, 2009 Honda Civic LX
I'm looking for a shop who can wrap my chrome grill and window trim to a carbon fiber or some kind of materials. I don't want to do the plasti dip since it doesn't last, and for the price, I rather just get it done one time only without worrying about peeling off.

Anybody know a shop or someone who can do this? I'm located in College Park, MD.
Sponsored

Civic_Honey627

Can't hide from the cops in this one!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe Energy Green!!!
Country flag
I'm looking for a shop who can wrap my chrome grill and window trim to a carbon fiber or some kind of materials. I don't want to do the plasti dip since it doesn't last, and for the price, I rather just get it done one time only without worrying about peeling off.

Anybody know a shop or someone who can do this? I'm located in College Park, MD.
I'm going to check out TintFX to take a look at materials for wrapping. It's around the beltway from you but I've heard good things about them.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Check out House of Dubs, only had a radio installed from them but they did good enough work (online reviews are mixed re: customer service). They're right off Rt. 1 in Laurel - http://thehouseofdubs.net/

Trippyassnickas

static rsx 10th gen coupe in progress
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe Ex-l, 2002 rsx type s

Check out a-plus auto styling. They're up in Baltimore, Guys name is Nick, owns the shop, works on all the cars, and has the best pricing around.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone have any success with a good installer for the vinyl wrap? Looking to get the front grille done + windshield tinted to the AS-1 line.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Going on 6 months and it looks exactly the same as the day I put it on. I'll snap a few pics of my front bumper on the way out of work today so you can see how durable it is.

Also, you do realize that vinyl wrap will be damaged from rocks and debit right? It's not permanent.

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Going on 6 months and it looks exactly the same as the day I put it on. I'll snap a few pics of my front bumper on the way out of work today so you can see how durable it is.

Also, you do realize that vinyl wrap will be damaged from rocks and debit right? It's not permanent.
Did you wrap it yourself? Or did you see how the installer did the chrome grille?

I'm going to do a glossy black wrap to delete the chrome soon.....I want to know if I should lay a big sheet over all three chrome pieces or do each individually?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: crud, I forgot you did Plastidip!

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice necro-bump, I completely forgot about putting the picture up for this. The specs you see on the bumper are glitter from my pearl, not chips.
Honda Civic 10th gen Vinyl Wrap in DMV Area {filename}

If I was going to vinyl wrap the chrome grill, I would probably do it in 3 pieces so I used less material. You also may want to remove the center part so you can get a good edge wrap between the headlights and center grill.

I'd recommend dip personally (go figure :p) unless you absolutely have to have gloss black. It's just so much easier to work with. Make sure you warm the cans for a while before you spray, it helps the dip atomize better and lays smoother. I use warm water to heat mine up.

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Nice necro-bump, I completely forgot about putting the picture up for this. The specs you see on the bumper are glitter from my pearl, not chips.
Honda Civic 10th gen Vinyl Wrap in DMV Area {filename}

If I was going to vinyl wrap the chrome grill, I would probably do it in 3 pieces so I used less material. You also may want to remove the center part so you can get a good edge wrap between the headlights and center grill.

I'd recommend dip personally (go figure :p) unless you absolutely have to have gloss black. It's just so much easier to work with. Make sure you warm the cans for a while before you spray, it helps the dip atomize better and lays smoother. I use warm water to heat mine up.
I really want the gloss look, but I won't pay $100 to get it done. So either this works or I will do Plastidip.
Sponsored