Dreamchaaser11

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Looking for Sonic Grey Pearl vinyl for my 2017 Honda Civic. I’d appreciate any recommendations and how much sq ft is needed to wrap my whole car.
Sponsored

Redraider

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R Sonic Grey
Country flag
Looking for Sonic Grey Pearl vinyl for my 2017 Honda Civic. I’d appreciate any recommendations and how much sq ft is needed to wrap my whole car.
I am currently wrapping mine now. I found it is better to purchase a full roll of 25 yds. This is my second civic to wrap and I found that with a few mistakes you'll make the 25 yds will do. Plus the extra for the full roll is not that much more that a cut roll of 20 yds.

Funny you're going to for sonic grey and I'm covering my sonic grey up with yellow.
Honda Civic 10th gen Vinyl recommendation 20210102_222318

OP
OP

Dreamchaaser11

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I am currently wrapping mine now. I found it is better to purchase a full roll of 25 yds. This is my second civic to wrap and I found that with a few mistakes you'll make the 25 yds will do. Plus the extra for the full roll is not that much more that a cut roll of 20 yds.

Funny you're going to for sonic grey and I'm covering my sonic grey up with yellow.
20210102_222318.jpg
That yellow is actually really nice too! In sq ft would that be 225 or do you think 125 sq ft would be fine

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

20210102_222318.jpg
What brand are you running? I've experimented with a few different brands and Avery is my current favorite but always looking for others.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is Avery relatively cheap?
It's actually double the price of Vivvid and 3m but it's a lot easier to work with. I was able to do my roof in half the time and looks perfect. It stretches a lot easier.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Avery and 3m are the most recommended. I tried Vivvid once and didn't like it at all. KPMF has gotten some praise but I've only used it a little bit and it was cold that day so not a lot to say about it yet.

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is Avery relatively cheap?
I highly recommend Avery. Been using lots of their products for my car. IMO, it's better to work with vs. 3M
Vivid is low-quality-Chinese-rebrand based on my experience.

Redraider

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What brand are you running? I've experimented with a few different brands and Avery is my current favorite but always looking for others.
I have experience with Oracal, VVivid, 3M, and Avery. The best to work with is Avery, It is very flexible and not as tacky as 3M. I'm wrapping my car now in Avery SW900 Satin Yellow. I wrapped a Civic in 3M and Oracal. The 3M material is not as flexible as Avery and is a bit more tacky. So repositioning 3M is more difficult that Avery. As to Vvivid and Oracal, they are much thicker films and are much more difficult to work with. I found the prices of Avery and 3M to be realtively close, but that depends on where you buy them from. I used Rvinyl and Fellers as resellers. I prefer to purchase from Fellers as their delivery and customer service is great. They are also much cheaper in cost than others including Rvinyl.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have experience with Oracal, VVivid, 3M, and Avery. The best to work with is Avery, It is very flexible and not as tacky as 3M. I'm wrapping my car now in Avery SW900 Satin Yellow. I wrapped a Civic in 3M and Oracal. The 3M material is not as flexible as Avery and is a bit more tacky. So repositioning 3M is more difficult that Avery. As to Vvivid and Oracal, they are much thicker films and are much more difficult to work with. I found the prices of Avery and 3M to be realtively close, but that depends on where you buy them from. I used Rvinyl and Fellers as resellers. I prefer to purchase from Fellers as their delivery and customer service is great. They are also much cheaper in cost than others including Rvinyl.
Very informative. I've been getting my Avery from RVinyl but will check out Fellers. Thanks.

OP
OP

Dreamchaaser11

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I highly recommend Avery. Been using lots of their products for my car. IMO, it's better to work with vs. 3M
Vivid is low-quality-Chinese-rebrand based on my experience.
When using Avery how long was the roll you purchased for your entire car. My friend told me 100 sq ft was enough, but I’m not quite sure.

Redraider

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
When using Avery how long was the roll you purchased for your entire car. My friend told me 100 sq ft was enough, but I’m not quite sure.
The car actually takes about 20 yrds of material. The rolls are 5" wide and 75' long (25 yrds). 100 sqr feet is definately not enough. You actually need 300 sqr feet. Remember alot of material is wasted because of the shapes and how you cut the roll. For instance the bumpers need 10 ft of length but only need to be 30" high, so for one 10 ft lengh you can wrap both bumpers. Its how you lay out the cuts on the roll. If you think through you can get it wrapped with 60 ft. I just purchase a entire 75' roll so I have plenty if I mess up and plus if it get damaged, I can just fix it right away with the extra.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
Wrapping a car !!! First time I hear that.:doh:

For road use or show room ?

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So 10ft long x 10ft wide should be enough to cover the whole car, including extra for messed up trials. Try with some small sections first so you get the gist of how the vinyl works and how it responds to heat and such. When wrapping car, always take the panels apart. Good luck!

Redraider

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So 10ft long x 10ft wide should be enough to cover the whole car, including extra for messed up trials. Try with some small sections first so you get the gist of how the vinyl works and how it responds to heat and such. When wrapping car, always take the panels apart. Good luck!
No. This is my second civic to wrap and I can say for sure 100 square feet is not enough. There is no 10' wide rolls of vinyl. They come in 5' wide rolls. Additionally, a 10' x 10' is only 100 square feet. You need 300 square feet, which is 60 ft of a 5 ft wide roll. 60ft will wrap the entire car but you have to plan your cuts and don't make big mistakes. This is why I suggested to just buy the 75 ft full roll and that way if you're wrapping for the first time, you'll have plenty of material so that if you make a mistake you can keep wrapping.
Sponsored