VIDEO: "The Sounds of the 2016 Honda Civic with Turbo Engine Start up, Rev & 450w audio"

martyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boring Accord family hauler
Finally some sounds. Caution tho - sounds can be so different in videos compared to real life. Good seeing the digital display boot up and rev up bur I could do without the whole startup light rays animation. Once it's on the screen looks great.

cae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grom
Appreciate the effort, but the video showcases features I'd ideally want to experience in person. Still don't understand why they'd go with dual exhaust tips if they're hidden.

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
I'm curious where the 450w sound system figure came from. Doesn't the accord have a 360w? Surprised they wouldn't just share it.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I'm curious where the 450w sound system figure came from. Doesn't the accord have a 360w? Surprised they wouldn't just share it.
Now obviously I haven't seen the car so this information isn't in stone. However, it's probably sourced from Acura ELS. The ILX has a 440W 10 speaker sound with its tech package. 2 tweeters, 2 speakers in the front doors, 2 in the rear doors, 2 in the rear deck, a sub between the deck speakers and a center channel above the dash for 10. It's a Panasonic system. Judging from the pictures though so far, the Civic doesn't seem to have speaker grills in the rear doors so I'm wondering where they relocated those two.

The Accord technically is from 2013 so the fact that the Civic is a new model means there will be a point where some features of the Civic are better than the Accord. They're not going to R&D another soundsystem for the Accord's 2016 refresh.

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now obviously I haven't seen the car so this information isn't in stone. However, it's probably sourced from Acura ELS. The ILX has a 440W 10 speaker sound with its tech package. 2 tweeters, 2 speakers in the front doors, 2 in the rear doors, 2 in the rear deck, a sub between the deck speakers and a center channel above the dash for 10. It's a Panasonic system. Judging from the pictures though so far, the Civic doesn't seem to have speaker grills in the rear doors so I'm wondering where they relocated those two.

The Accord technically is from 2013 so the fact that the Civic is a new model means there will be a point where some features of the Civic are better than the Accord. They're not going to R&D another soundsystem for the Accord's 2016 refresh.
Sounds good to me! Having the premium sound system in my accord has made it one of my must have options on a new car.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The sound system was mentioned at the LA reveal online. Being touted as best in class largest sound system. 450 watt 10 speaker stereo on the Touring model only. So that's where they got the figure from, and it was mentioned by a honda rep at the event live so it is set in stone :)

Oddly, the car in the video appears to be an EXL, so they might have been wrong on the stereo, unless the EXL has the same stereo as the Touring, or same watts less speakers.

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The sound system was mentioned at the LA reveal online. Being touted as best in class largest sound system. 450 watt 10 speaker stereo on the Touring model only. So that's where they got the figure from, and it was mentioned by a honda rep at the event live so it is set in stone :)

Oddly, the car in the video appears to be an EXL, so they might have been wrong on the stereo, unless the EXL has the same stereo as the Touring, or same watts less speakers.
I'm sure the Si will also be getting a version of the higher end sound system, as the current Si has one standard.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
The red one he was demoing the Engine was the EXL, the black Touring was the one with the 10spk system. Personally I think the 7 speaker 360 watt "premium audio system" is junk. My friend has it in his 2.4 ILX and with all the equalizers at 0, it's pretty awful.

My issue with the Civic is that they don't differentiate the Touring trim enough and that's why I didn't get it for 5k more. Now with the 2016, the Touring is a pretty enticing package with all it's extra features.

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The red one he was demoing the Engine was the EXL, the black Touring was the one with the 10spk system. Personally I think the 7 speaker 360 watt "premium audio system" is junk. My friend has it in his 2.4 ILX and with all the equalizers at 0, it's pretty awful.

My issue with the Civic is that they don't differentiate the Touring trim enough and that's why I didn't get it for 5k more. Now with the 2016, the Touring is a pretty enticing package with all it's extra features.
I haven't heard a sound system that doesn't sound bad when all the equalizers are at 0.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I haven't heard a sound system that doesn't sound bad when all the equalizers are at 0.
True, I only have the 6 speaker base system with my settings at +2 bass and +4 treble and it sounds far better than my friends... Although the bass is still muddy because I naturally don't have a sub dedicated to those low frequencies. If I trade, I might just go for the Touring this time to get the LED lights and sound system, although in Canada with the low dollar and the naturally inflated prices of vehicles, it'd cost the same amount to get the Accord Sport, which is better equipped here than its American counterpart.

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
True, I only have the 6 speaker base system with my settings at +2 bass and +4 treble and it sounds far better than my friends... Although the bass is still muddy because I naturally don't have a sub dedicated to those low frequencies. If I trade, I might just go for the Touring this time to get the LED lights and sound system, although in Canada with the low dollar and the naturally inflated prices of vehicles, it'd cost the same amount to get the Accord Sport, which is better equipped here than its American counterpart.
On the sound system, adjusting the equalizer makes a huge difference in sound. Having a built in sub as well, well I can't go back to not having one hah. Those LED headlights are tempting aren't they.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
I'm guessing the coupe will have 8 speakers? Will it still be 450W? Maybe it'll be sufficient to where I won't have to upgrade to an aftermarket system.

The wheels on the red car are even worse than the touring wheels. Is that an EX-L?

EmperorHondus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Accord, 2002 Mazda Protege
I'm not a fan of all the faux metallic trim adorning the instrument cluster. As far as sound systems go, all I care about is that the Si emits all the right noises from the engine compartment.
Sponsored