VIDEO! How to change the oil in the Turbo cars

dominican

Enthusiast YouTuber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Honda Prelude, 2002 Honda S2000, 2011 BMW 335d, 2017 Honda Civic Hatch WOP Sport M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys! I thought it might help some people here that like to DIY their service on their cars to see a video tutorial on how to change the oil and reset the service interval as well.

I know there's a thread out there with steps, but I think a video would help some people out, ENJOY!!
Sponsored

Cintx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T HS CVT Aegean Blue
Country flag
Good video. I question checking your oil level while the car is jacked up but maybe that is just how the video was cut.

OP
OP
dominican

dominican

Enthusiast YouTuber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Honda Prelude, 2002 Honda S2000, 2011 BMW 335d, 2017 Honda Civic Hatch WOP Sport M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
THANKS! I checked it before and after putting it down.

SonicTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback w/ Honda Sensing, 2013 Mazda MX-5 GT
Thanks for the video, it will be helpful when it is time to change my oil. I am glad that the drain plug is on the back of the engine so that the oil will drain well with the front tires on my wheel ramps.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It is very easy. I think some just are afraid of either going underneath and/or fear of voiding warranty.

I was supposed to DIY for my first but I was busy and lazy that weekend. My only issue really is taking the protective shield off, not a fan of it on my 2015 Murano.

SonicTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback w/ Honda Sensing, 2013 Mazda MX-5 GT
It is very easy. I think some just are afraid of either going underneath and/or fear of voiding warranty.

I was supposed to DIY for my first but I was busy and lazy that weekend. My only issue really is taking the protective shield off, not a fan of it on my 2015 Murano.
There is no reason for anybody to fear warranty issues for changing their own oil so long as they keep records/receipts of the change, use the right oil and change it when the maintenance minder says to (or sooner). The main reason that I change my own oil is to make sure that it is done right. Mechanics are motivated to finish the job as quickly as possible and often don't let a lot of the old oil drain out, don't change the oil filter, incorrectly torque the drain plug and oil filter, over or underfill the oil, lose bolts for the shield under the car, etc.
Sponsored