Video files from usb works!

Anekin007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
There's a lot of people complaining about the infotainment system but for me I love it. Very fast and responsive. I'm finding new stuff about it everyday. I did a quick test on some video files I saved on a 10 year old 1gb usb drive I had. Photos and videos loaded up very quick. Did a test with a MP4 music video file of maroon 5 sugar and video/audio is great. Then I ran a test with a flash episode in Mkv the video works but there's no audio. Now I have to dig around for my other usb drive and load it up with videos for the next road trip. :)

Sponsored

Ash2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC 2016 Touring
Hi
This is awesome. I just wanna know the videos you played in here does not have a sound, so are they MKV or MP4? Thanks

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
Did you test these with the car moving? Others have said videos only work when the car is in park. Your road trip won't go very far if you have to do it in park.;)

OP
OP
Anekin007

Anekin007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Hi
This is awesome. I just wanna know the videos you played in here does not have a sound, so are they MKV or MP4? Thanks
The MP4 maroon 5 video had sound but I didn't want to continue run it cus of copyright issues if audio from the music starts to play. Mkv video does work but there's no audio.

OP
OP
Anekin007

Anekin007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Did you test these with the car moving? Others have said videos only work when the car is in park. Your road trip won't go very far if you have to do it in park.;)
It's while the car is parked. It's something to watch during pit stops or when just hanging out in the car. Our 16 pilot is running a very similar unfinished Android OS compared to the civic. I was able to turn off the driver distraction setting to watch videos while the car is in motion. The driver distraction setting is probably hidden in the developer menu which I have yet to access.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Chances are, it will be easy to re-wire the HU to detect positive input from the parking brake. All safety related inputs should be tracked separately by the HU.

Rev_Goliath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2016 Pilot EX-L
I'm half way there. Setting DD VSP Error to OFF allows the video to play while in drive, but once you start moving, say about 3mph, the video is cut and audio continues. I'm still digging, but my guess is GPS motion related or gyro related. I tried finding a place to disable the GPS antenna in the developers menu, but did not have any luck. I also looked for a fuse for the GPS antenna to test this theory, but was not able to find one.

OP
OP
Anekin007

Anekin007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
I'm half way there. Setting DD VSP Error to OFF allows the video to play while in drive, but once you start moving, say about 3mph, the video is cut and audio continues. I'm still digging, but my guess is GPS motion related or gyro related. I tried finding a place to disable the GPS antenna in the developers menu, but did not have any luck. I also looked for a fuse for the GPS antenna to test this theory, but was not able to find one.
Were you in the diagnostic menu or developer menu?

Rev_Goliath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2016 Pilot EX-L
Were you in the diagnostic menu or developer menu?
Hold Brightness/Audio/Menu. Select Detail Information & Setting Menu. Hold Menu to enter deeper menu. Not sure what this is screen is called. Select Vehicle Model Information. Select DD VSP Error tab at bottom. Change to OFF. This has to be done every time the vehicle is started.

drewbabbitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
There's a lot of people complaining about the infotainment system but for me I love it. Very fast and responsive. I'm finding new stuff about it everyday. I did a quick test on some video files I saved on a 10 year old 1gb usb drive I had. Photos and videos loaded up very quick. Did a test with a MP4 music video file of maroon 5 sugar and video/audio is great. Then I ran a test with a flash episode in Mkv the video works but there's no audio. Now I have to dig around for my other usb drive and load it up with videos for the next road trip. :)

There is no file photo or video that will show up via flash drive for me. Please give an idea of how you got it to run. I've put every file type imaginable on the drive and only m4a audio shows up

OP
OP
Anekin007

Anekin007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
There is no file photo or video that will show up via flash drive for me. Please give an idea of how you got it to run. I've put every file type imaginable on the drive and only m4a audio shows up
It may be your flash drive. Try to reformat it.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Could be a flash drive issue but it could also be file format issue. Not all file formats are the same. Even if its an .avi or .mp4 or others. They could require different codecs to play.

drewbabbitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
It may be your flash drive. Try to reformat it.
Got my bootleg Archer episodes to work! Only in park though. Played an mkv and AVI with sound. The trick is putting it in Audio Apps mode. Then, my Rick & Morty MKV's had no sound. I guess it's picky what type of audio file is attached to the video. Anyways thanks for the help!
Sponsored