Video: 2021 Civic Type R Limited Edition Teases #TypeRChallenge at Suzuka Circuit

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Phoenix Yellow Type R Limited Edition teases #TypeRChallenge in this short clip from Suzuka Circuit. No explanation as to what this is all about, but it's likely some type of lap time challenge on the Suzuka track for the Type R Limited Edition. Stay tuned for more...

Sponsored

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wasn't the last Type R challenge when Honda went to a bunch of tracks and stole the FWD records from them? I bet it's round two of that.

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Is the LE model going to get uprated springs and dampers (like how the S2000 CR got a decent bump in rates compared to the base model)? Or just a slight diet with lighter wheels?

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yes per the press release.
From what I read it said something to the effect of "revised dampers that will carry over from the 2020 model". Nothing about ramped up spring or damper rates for LE only, unless I missed it.

Would be great if they made the current +R suspension mode the new comfort (as even this is very compliant) and the new +R even stiffer than the FK2 was.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
From what I read it said something to the effect of "revised dampers that will carry over from the 2020 model". Nothing about ramped up spring or damper rates for LE only, unless I missed it.

Would be great if they made the current +R suspension mode the new comfort (as even this is very compliant) and the new +R even stiffer than the FK2 was.
Honda didn't specify exactly what and how much has changed.

2021 Civic Type R Limited Edition modifications from stock include:
  • Lightweight, forged aluminum wheels from acclaimed manufacturer BBS (18 lb. total unsprung weight reduction)
  • Further weight reduction of approximately 28 pounds accomplished via reduced sound deadening materials and removal of features such as the rear wiper, tonneau cover, and rear heater ducts
  • Specially tuned dampers
  • Recalibrated steering for maximum control and feedback
https://hondanews.com/en-US/release...lease-8ee4b11bf532d84dec796be47600fe5f-photos

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Rainy4s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 STI
Hope Honda steals that record back and more from that overpriced Megane. Literally, the Type R LE is probably going to still be half of the price of the Trophy R.
For sure I knew,that Megane worths £72k, and the actual amount that has Nurburgring pack (carbon wheel and carbon ceramic brakes) is extremely limited, like 30 in total.

I'm just saying my popcorn is ready to watch some good shows LOL

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Always thought the Renault record was less legit than the CTR time. Any FK8 CTR owner - a good 25,000 or more, has pretty much the exact same car that set the lap for Honda. All they did at the Ring was put in a roll cage, swap tires, and probably throw racing brake pads on it. The Megane was a very limited edition, not readily available, and they tricked it out a hell of a lot more. Kind of like a homologation special rather than a true production model.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Record at Suzuka Circuit broken by Limited Type R. (fastest front wheel drive)

Tidbits:
- LHCTR beat Ferrari F40 time, will their prices fall below Type R? Slower not, if so I’d still get one (since I already have a Type R)

- Beat previous Megan’s record by half-second, about the time it took to read those two hyphenated words.

- Did it by shaving over 40 lbs off Limited... and at least another 50 lbs off the driver. The record setting Japanese driver weighs 137 lbs I think, Nurburgring driver close to 190.

-Some down revamp for same as previous HP. No surprise here, lose some weight you can fun faster & longer, change direction better
Sponsored