kidboise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Accord, 1972 Z600
Vehicle Showcase
The power window/lock buttons on the driver's door are exactly the same as my 2007 Accord.
No they're not. I have a 2003 Accord, which has the same switches as yours. The orientation and design of both the lock and window-lock buttons are different. The window switches themselves are more rounded off. They are visually similar, but redesigned.

manhunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas
Red looks great so far on the sedan but the tail lights look better on the other colors since it stands out more. Someone was saying that the red would look great with all chrome blacked out and the bi-color wheels.
Totally agree. I really like the red on the car but one of my favorite parts of the new Civic is the tail lights. It does mask the appearance a bit which is a shame. They are too sexy to hide!

EmperorHondus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Accord, 2002 Mazda Protege
No they're not. I have a 2003 Accord, which has the same switches as yours. The orientation and design of both the lock and window-lock buttons are different. The window switches themselves are more rounded off. They are visually similar, but redesigned.
I disagree, but it doesn't really matter. One can find Volkswagen cues in a Bentley if they look closely. If Honda can save a couple bucks in places nobody scrutinizes, I guess it's acceptable.

Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
Does anybody know how tall the person who took the video is important just wondering if I will ride comfortably in the car being 6'4"

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
Does anybody know how tall the person who took the video is important just wondering if I will ride comfortably in the car being 6'4"
That's a hard thing to know as even two people who are 6'4" will have different leg/torso length. If you have longer legs, you will fit fine. If you have a taller torso, you may find an issue with sunroof equipped models.

back2civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
370Z
What's up with the lower front air dam? Right side has a fake mesh grill with a few holes in it and left side has a cover? Weird design!

Razer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HR-V
Huh, I never even noticed it until you mentioned it but I do see that same thing in the photos of a couple other touring models too so it is not a mistake. I wonder if it is something to do with the Honda Sensing, like the radar for the cruise control or maybe a camera sensor or something back there on the flat one? Something like the big square on the VW GTIs with the sensing package? It is not there on the lower trim models, or at least not on the few I checked real quick, only the touring models.

Honda Civic 10th gen Video: 2016 Civic walk around - interior (with digital gauges) and exterior 2015-volkswagen-gti-front-end-in-motion-2

Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
That's a hard thing to know as even two people who are 6'4" will have different leg/torso length. If you have longer legs, you will fit fine. If you have a taller torso, you may find an issue with sunroof equipped models.
I'm mostly legs and I drive a 2013 according and fit fine so I'm thinking I will be good but still worried

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
even the trunk sounded good when closed like the doors did too, nice and solid sounding.
I think we have the Audi A3 to thank for that hah. Since Honda supposedly benchmarked german cars for quality I'm really hoping we'll hear that solid thud on the doors.

These details from this thread is probably responsible for the solid sounds - http://www.civicx.com/threads/what-the-press-is-saying-about-the-2016-honda-civic.158/

"the 2016 Honda Civic uses new body-sealing techniques, a flush-mounted acoustic glass windshield, a more tightly sealed engine compartment, and triple-sealed doors" :thumbsup:

Viva la vida

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T
Dunno but it's been posted somewhere here that the new Civi's driving position is sportier, which to me means lower. So it might have more headroom than before. And the rear leg room was increased 2 inches which might mean the front seats can be pushed back more than ever.

Ygor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Yes, the touring is the top end model. This one is loaded to the hilt, as really all the Touring might be, on other models you will have to choose if you want the safety features like collision warning and the like where on the touring they are likely standard.

Overall I am really liking what I see and I love that red color for sure! I was noticing a lot of nice details in the car overall and this looks good overall, even the trunk sounded good when closed like the doors did too, nice and solid sounding. The more I see the better I like it actually. The little spoiler lip there on the trunk lid, very cool.
Touring is top and doesn't have paddle shifters ? Why ?

Yes, the Civic in the video is the high-end model.
Yes, Touring is the top model available.
Touring is top and doesn't have paddle shifters ? Why ?

Ygor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Because the percentage of consumers who use paddle shifters is very low?
Then the civic will not have paddle shift on any version ?
The transmission cvt without paddle shift is bad, very BAD !
Sponsored