Vibration Rattle From Windshield/Dashboard

tandjent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue
Country flag
Anybody noticing a rattle/tick noise coming from the top of the dashboard while driving? It's definitely a vibration rattle as it makes no noise when sitting still or driving on perfectly smooth roads. I've noticed it more when the cold weather started here in Iowa. It seems like the colder it is outside the more pronounced it is too. Kinda disappointing as these were the types of rattles that didn't show up on my old 2008 Civic until years after I owned it. By the time I traded it in and upgraded, I had all kinds of random road vibration noises that I was looking forward to not hearing anymore.
Sponsored

Erik83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic DX 2016
I have the same problem on my 2016 Honda Civic DX.
I live in Montreal, Canada, the temperature is very cold at this moment and the vibration noise keep going and even more in colder temperatures ( I dont know why).
At first, I tought it was a piece of ice that was stocked somewhere between the windshield and the hood.
It happens only when driving on a bumpy road and very noticeable at lower rpm (around 2k rpm).

I'm going at the Honda dealer tommorow morning for a check-up...

Erik83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic DX 2016
Anybody noticing a rattle/tick noise coming from the top of the dashboard while driving? It's definitely a vibration rattle as it makes no noise when sitting still or driving on perfectly smooth roads. I've noticed it more when the cold weather started here in Iowa. It seems like the colder it is outside the more pronounced it is too. Kinda disappointing as these were the types of rattles that didn't show up on my old 2008 Civic until years after I owned it. By the time I traded it in and upgraded, I had all kinds of random road vibration noises that I was looking forward to not hearing anymore.
Just came back from the dealer. I have a defective knock sensor which may be the cause of the 'knock' noise but I'm not 100% sure yet, I'm waiting for next week to have my car and do more tests...

eel21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Yes I have a rattling coming from the front left side somewhere. It's always random but it happens usually at higher speeds...very annoying. I am going to take the car in to the dealership soon.

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I noticed it when I was going to pick up my plates/registration/title it's a small rattle on the passenger side dashboard. I notice it most on rough pavement. And also hear like a cracking noise over there when hitting big bumps. Im going to ask them to fix it the same time I ask them to fix the subwoofer rattle.

10genderek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Started to have this also, only on cold mornings, did that knock sensor work?

civicSguy

Feel free to close this account.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport SOLD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same thing with my 2017 Civic Hatch. It only seems to happen when I first turn drive the car. It clears up when the interior warms up.
Sponsored