Vibration on gas pedal and steering wheel?

hogar_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jetta 2.5 2019 Civic si
Country flag
Hey guys, my car has 5k miles on it and has very noticeable vibration coming from the gas pedal and steering when the RPM is above 2500
I always thought it's normal for a 4 cylinder, but I drove my friends 18 si yesterday and didn't feel any vibration when accelerating in any RPM.
So my questions are: What could be the reason for this issue, should I take it to a dealership? Thx
Sponsored

wintercast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 2009, Si Coupe 2019
Country flag
Hey guys, my car has 5k miles on it and has very noticeable vibration coming from the gas pedal and steering when the RPM is above 2500
I always thought it's normal for a 4 cylinder, but I drove my friends 18 si yesterday and didn't feel any vibration when accelerating in any RPM.
So my questions are: What could be the reason for this issue, should I take it to a dealership? Thx
I would do the normal checks - check tires for any issues - low air, damage. torque nuts. Did it always have this or just start?

Edit to add - have you rotated your tires? I normally try to do that ever 5k miles - depending on tires.

OP
OP
hogar_0

hogar_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I would do the normal checks - check tires for any issues - low air, damage. torque nuts. Did it always have this or just start?

Edit to add - have you rotated your tires? I normally try to do that ever 5k miles - depending on tires.
yes, I changed the oil, checked and rotated the tire but it didn't reduce the vibration, and it's only related to the RPM, no matter which gear I'm in, it starts to vibrate once RPM is over 2500. very annoying.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Odd that you'd get a steering wheel vibration that's related to engine speed and not wheel speed. Do you feel it even when the car is stopped and in neutral? Take it to the dealer.

OP
OP
hogar_0

hogar_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Odd that you'd get a steering wheel vibration that's related to engine speed and not wheel speed. Do you feel it even when the car is stopped and in neutral? Take it to the dealer.
I think I can only feel it when it's moving, tried to rev it to 3k in neutral, no noticable vibration
Sponsored