feroz

First Name
feroz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2011
hello guys,

i have recently bought used Civic 10th gen car and it run 125k K/m, when i exceeded the speed from 130 to 140 km/h the front passenger seat and gearbox start shaking and lots of vibrate in steering wheel. i try to contact the previous owner and explain the issue he said that he never drive that much speed. i really need your suggestions and help to fix the issue.

Actually i bought new car one year ago from bank and got some financial issue so i returned to the bank and i got huge penalty for terminating the contract, so i bought used civic car from online.

i am totally screwed up and not satisfied with the civic because of the vibration issue, the tires are brand new and it's not alloy wheel, just normal rim.
Sponsored

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Maybe you need an alignment?

OP
OP

feroz

First Name
feroz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2011
Alignment is fine i think because the car going straight after left the hand from steering wheel, but today went to mechanic to check the issue tie rod and axel looks good but he found there is oil leakage from driver side shock absorb, he asking 100$ for fitting new shocks, i have provide him new shocks which the price is above 250$ so the total cost to fix the issue is 350$, even don't know the issue will go or not after fix.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Alignment is fine i think because the car going straight after left the hand from steering wheel, but today went to mechanic to check the issue tie rod and axel looks good but he found there is oil leakage from driver side shock absorb, he asking 100$ for fitting new shocks, i have provide him new shocks which the price is above 250$ so the total cost to fix the issue is 350$, even don't know the issue will go or not after fix.
As @IaAsk stated, it could be you need to balance your tires. I have a 2006 Toyota Camry SE, bought new tires from Costco a few years ago. The steering wheel would vibrate at 65 mph. My mechanic rotated the tires, and after moving the front tires to the back, the rear began vibrating after 65 mph, he told me to take the car back to Costco. They rebalanced the tires, the vibration completely 100 percent went away

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
lol when i first saw the title of this thread i thought it said "vibrator issue" and i was thinking you are posting in the wrong forum

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
lol when i first saw the title of this thread i thought it said "vibrator issue" and i was thinking you are posting in the wrong forum
My friend, you have a dirty mind! :D

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sounds like either a wheel balancing is needed or perhaps you have a bent rim, happened with my previous Jetta after a Toronto pothole claimed the 19 on the front passenger side

OP
OP

feroz

First Name
feroz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2011
hello everyone,

sorry for late reply, like healtoe said the problem was in rim there are some bends in all four rims and it cost me around 10$ to fix the issue, they put some metal thing on all four rims, now i can able to accelerate above 140 to 150 Km/hr on Highway roads but above 150km.h i still feel the shake on steering wheel.however am not mostly drive on Highways roads also the Highway limit speed here in my country is 120 and 140 km/h. i went again to the Tires shop he suggest me to replace all my rims.

Thanks everyone for your valuable reply.

newskate9

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type-R, 16 Honda Pilot Elite
Country flag
Interested in hearing the final outcome. I'm not sure how much a set of new wheels will cost but my thought is may be worth doing alignment before that anyhow. I've had alignments fix issues where the car does not pull one way or the other. And, I'd sure hate to put money into new wheels (and tires?) without being sure it was tracking right.

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
hello everyone,

sorry for late reply, like healtoe said the problem was in rim there are some bends in all four rims and it cost me around 10$ to fix the issue, they put some metal thing on all four rims, now i can able to accelerate above 140 to 150 Km/hr on Highway roads but above 150km.h i still feel the shake on steering wheel.however am not mostly drive on Highways roads also the Highway limit speed here in my country is 120 and 140 km/h. i went again to the Tires shop he suggest me to replace all my rims.

Thanks everyone for your valuable reply.
Bent rims and balancing are two different things, Feroz, just so you are aware. A bent rim would mean something is physically damaged and out of round. Balancing is something, as I understand it, that every wheel needs and is often due to not completely consistent materials of the tire or wheel, basically meaning some parts are heavier than others, weights are added (the "metal thing" you speak of) and the balancing makes the wheels turn properly with minimal vibration.

IaAsk

First Name
Bengt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus hb
Country flag
Its very common that the tires arnt round too. Buy quality tires. Stiff chassi and suspension cars make this issue easier to feel. If you have 1 wheel thats not round mount this on the rear right , and you will feel it less
Sponsored