Vibrating noise from fan blower

simnc

First Name
Sim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic LX CVT
Brand new Civic LX with less than 250 miles. I've started hearing a vibrating/rattling noise coming from the fan. It is most pronounced at the lowest fan speed and while in park. The noise goes away when I turn off the blower. I captured a 30-second video that captures the noise.

Anyone experienced this? Taking it to dealer service today.
Sponsored

chisav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
My Sport does that too. I have no idea why. It happens randomly. Hopefully someone knows.

OP
OP

simnc

First Name
Sim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic LX CVT
My Sport does that too. I have no idea why. It happens randomly. Hopefully someone knows.
Thanks. I'll let you know what the dealer diagnoses. Hopefully they're able to reproduce it while I'm there!

chisav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I'll let you know what the dealer diagnoses. Hopefully they're able to reproduce it while I'm there!
Thanks, look forward to finally seeing what the reason is. I'd also definitely show them the video too in the case they can't duplicate it.

OP
OP

simnc

First Name
Sim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic LX CVT
They were able to reproduce it and the diagnosis is a bad fan motor and they’ll have to replace it with a new one. It’s covered under warranty.

chisav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They were able to reproduce it and the diagnosis is a bad fan motor and they’ll have to replace it with a new one. It’s covered under warranty.
Awesome. I'll have to have mine looked at as well then. These civics seem to have a lot of little problems .

Nathanrose30

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic
Country flag
I have a similar issue in my 2021 but it doesn’t vibrate just randomly fails to defrost my windows.
Sponsored