Very tempting. Has anyone done this to fix his Type R transmission issue?

haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
I've had Acuity bushings & Shifter on the car for about 20,000 miles now; In the past had bled the clutch fluid with RBF600 and recently did a transmission oil change with MTF3 - The change was decent enough, no grinds or the like - But the other day I added Perrin RMM Inserts.

The difference is absolutely staggering:- The gearchange feel is infinitely more consistent, and it's consistently perfect.

No hestitation into any gears, no feel like it's waiting or snagging on the syncros - Has improved the gearchange time, and feels like I've had a gearbox rebuild it's that transformative.

For £35, It's by far the best change thus far (Considering the other improvements made to responsiveness)
Sponsored

booost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I think his channel is cool, my personal opinion. He has some good content on there. I don't know where he mentioned he is dragging his videos on for ad revenue or what-not but i'm assuming that's someone's assumption here.

Regardless, better fluid and short throw shifter does the trick. No need to mess with other stuff unless you want to, you just wont solve the issue. Fluid and short throw shifter.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
I think his channel is cool, my personal opinion. He has some good content on there. I don't know where he mentioned he is dragging his videos on for ad revenue or what-not but i'm assuming that's someone's assumption here.

Regardless, better fluid and short throw shifter does the trick. No need to mess with other stuff unless you want to, you just wont solve the issue. Fluid and short throw shifter.
As a content creator, the most efficient ratio of $ per video is around 10 min (lower now I think, like 8 min) which is why you see a ton of videos around 10-11 minutes long on youtube.

It is also annoying when someone drags a video out so long for so little info. Basically repeating the same thing in different phrases and being wordy.

Anyways, good to know rmm might help the issue. I already have gm smfm fluid waiting to be put in.

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
didn't FlyinGato wreck his Type R at a track day? Did he get a new one? After that I stopped looking for his videos assuming he didn't have the car anymore.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
That's the route I was going to go if needed based on research. If you're having the issue just get that replacement CMC from that guy imo.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
FlyinGato was a tool most of the advice he gave was incorrect. If you find his posting history he was just on the forum to push his vids.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
FlyinGato was a tool most of the advice he gave was incorrect. If you find his posting history he was just on the forum to push his vids.
Agreed, but in this one instance, a replacement CMC is a very viable option for some that have the grind and didn't find success with adjusting the CMC on their own.

REC13

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 1999 Integra gsr, 2014 Mustang GT
Country flag
Did he leave the forum or get banned?

Deleted member 47337

No, that guy definitely drags his videos...as do all YouTuber's now. In case you don't know, YouTube tells them to do that. YouTube also tells them to keep bits of important information out of their videos so that subscribers keep coming back to the channel to find more content on things not mentioned yet. YouTube is making YouTubers to keep the viewer in question, and NOT to satisfy the viewer with one single video....this has been going on for a while now, so everyone is doing that. Also, the first person view/shaky camera is another big one..YouTube loves those...they prefer useless, day-in-life videos rather than professional content. - It keeps the user on YouTube longer and that's all they care about. The content doesn't matter.