First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan 2019 EX
Country flag
Hey guys,

I have a (very slow) air leak in my front drivers side tires. While the rest of the tires lose a couple of PSIs after 3-4 weeks, this tire loses more (5-6 psi). Should I just keep filling up air every week or add sealant or go to a tire shop to get it fixed. Stock tires, almost 10k miles. Tread is pretty good as well.
Sponsored

fjrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 4 door LX with CVT
Country flag
May have a small metal object (wire, etc.) stuck in the tread somewhere. You should remove the wheel and closely inspect the tread for the object causing the small leak. Could be a leaky valve in the air stem. More likely it's something stuck in the tread.

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
Go to discounttire and they’ll fix it for you for free. It’s probably a nail though

definitely get it fixed when your tires are low on air, you don’t see it but it’s getting damaged on the inside.

kevoco333

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic FK7
Country flag
I had this problem with 2 tires when I bought my CPO 2018 Hatch with 21K miles. I checked the tires and could see nothing. I bought a tire valve tool and tightened all the valves slightly and it stopped the leakage.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
...soap bubble tests only cost your time and a few drops of soap. You can easily and immediately see if it's your valve stem leaking… a little time to do the whole tire if it's mounted, as you've got to move the car up/back a little if you don't want to dismount it. Good luck!
Sponsored