Very low MPG on short city trips

tatalor51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatch 2017/1.5 turbo
Hi there,

Just wanted to check if anyone had this figures: most of my city driving at peak hours, very heavy traffic, with many stops. On short distances (2-3 miles), i usually get 12-13mpg on the trip computer for that trip.

Had couple 130km trips out of the city with and had 30 to 35 mpg, driving between 50 to 95 miles/hour with enough accelerations and overtakings (tried not to floor it too often or over do it on engine rotations). Car is pretty new, only 450 miles on it.

I'm in Europe and it's the 1.5l Sport model with CVT.

Does this sound about right?

Thanks
Sponsored

verbalj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
NYC and Long Island driver here. While I get better mpg, that's not out of the question. City driving sucks.

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
I just moved a couple days ago, and I now drive 1.3 miles to work. I wish I could walk/bike, but this passes through busy intersections (highways) with construction! I'm getting ~25 mpg today to work, which isn't horrible. At least I won't have to fill up on gas that often :D

verbalj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I work in the city, but when I lived in Queens, I literally gassed up once a month with my '08 Civic. It was less than a 5 minute drive to the Grand Ave. subway station.
Sponsored