Very disappointed in Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3+

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Bring up your cold operating psi to 35 front, 34 rear. Maybe you'll see a difference(?).
Correct pressure for best traction is dependent on weight of vehicle and load carrying capacity of the tire - a LX weighs less than an Si by nearly 200 pounds. A stock wheel for a 2016 LX is 215x55x16. Op is running 235/40R18 at 32 psi. In my experience if the door sticker says 32 psi for the OEM tire then several psi less is likely to provide a better tire patch contact and thus higher traction. Higher pressure usually reduces footprint and can greatly reduce traction, grip, and accelerate wear in the center of the tire. Only advantage is better mpg.
Sponsored

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
As everyone else is saying, gunning it and turning will always result in wheel spin. I got the turbo engine in mine and with the stock contis it'll spin a bit in 2nd sometimes so first is not even a question if it will or not, even if you roll into it. From your power figure I believe you have the 2L engine but you still have a good amount of torque in the mid range to break those tires loose. Going to higher grip tires will help, but a fwd car will still be a fwd car no matter the tire and will always spin them in first gear. I haven't seen one decently powered car that doesn't do it. Heck, my Corolla with a CVT was able to do it.