Not open for further replies.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm pretty sure I can find the SRT and the horse blurb for you. I made no attacks, named no names. This was a simple educational post on what happens when you VENT already METERED air that the ECU is *expecting* to see. With concrete evidence. These principals apply to any MAF based car that meters air pre-turbo/pre-bov.

From what I gather, your stance is it is quite acceptable to vent metered air for the rice effect. That's fine with me -- your car, not my problem. It does not, however, invalidate FACTS on what the ECU is expecting and how the engine runs.

Joke's on you -- the intakes for this car are virtually stock size around the MAF and very little from intake to intake. The small variance there is this ECU can compensate for with the adaptive logic and the car runs OK to a point -- tuning the intake does smooth things out and prevents you have to depend on the ECU to "figure it out".

The issue, once again, is transients. The ECU isn't designed to throw codes for transients -- but long term issues. In this case, you'd have to develop a massive long term trim over a given period of time (quite high --> like 30% or more) before you get a rich/lean code. That's just how the ECU fault system for this works -- it doesn't change the fact transients are still wildly affected.

The intake on the car in question was tuned a mean of about 0-2%, with a nominal trim of +/-5-6%, with some outliers (as expected on any car, especially MAF).

Here's what it looks like with the stock valve.
better.png

And then here's what it looks like with the BOV installed.
bov.png

Love those fun -20% or lower fuel trims, working that ECU real well to compensate for a useless part that offers arguably little improvement with real side effects.

SAME CAR. Only the BPV was changed.
You made him quit the forum. He literally cussed to get booted because he wanted to make personal attacks.

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Laaaadies and geeeentlemen! In this Corner, coming from a shop in the US, we have VIT! And in the opposing corner, coming from the fabled internet, we have Boomba! Tune in tonight to see who comes out on top of this knock out brawl!
I think vitviper is winning so far

OP
OP

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
You made him quit the forum. He literally cussed to get booted because he wanted to make personal attacks.
Sounds like I slept through a lot? PST timezone and my night owl habits are getting me I guess. Getting personal basically forfeits the debate.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm going to need you guys to find something else to argue about without Vit so he can focus on more import things like 9 second Civics and my e-tune.
LOL I sent him a log too! I love seeing that 9th civic with 900 hp. It really pisses people off

CivCoupe2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Coupe EX, 2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Country flag
I'm going to need you guys to find something else to argue about without Vit so he can focus on more import things like 9 second Civics and my e-tune.
:rofl: That made me laugh out loud.

@VitViper, any update yet on these "goodies" you hinted at a couple weeks ago?

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
That's pretty selfish. What he's does during his free time is his to spend however he wants

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's pretty selfish. What he's does during his free time is his to spend however he wants
Should've added a /s to my post.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Status
Not open for further replies.